1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Contest: Time to write a story!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Marun, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

CONTEST!!!
    WRITE A STORY
    thinking smiley.jpg

Hi Pals,

Grab a snack sit on a couch and release all your creativity and craziness. It's time for all of you to kindle your thoughts and come up with a story.
    I have posted set of pictures below. All you have to do is see the pictures and come up with a story.

Rules and Regulations:
    1. All the story entries should be posted on or before 22-Feb-14.
    2. Multiple entries are not allowed.
    3.The story should cover at least 3 pictures but can be in any order. If you add more it is well and good. But do mention in the 1st line which pictures you have used. You can just write the number of the picture.
    4. Entries must only be sent via PM to : Arunarc; Marun;
    5. All the entries will be posted on 23-Feb-14 in an open thread for voting. (The name of writer won't be revealed).
    6. The voting closes on 28-Feb-14
    7. The winning entry and writers of all the other entries will be posted on 1-Mar-14.
    8. The number of words can be 800 maximum and not beyond it.

The reason for not letting you guys post your entry open in forum is because that will be a spoiler. Want you guys to come up with any sort of Genre right from horror to wackiest one. You won't be knowing what other entries have. Its going to be quite surprising. All right here is the picture! Start scratching your keyboards!

story.JPG

You will get some candies for sure!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
    8 people like this.

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Really it is such a good thought and the rules are also good. Interesting contest. Nice initiative Marun.

Edit: Out of all the pics, we can pick any one and create a story with respect to the choosen picture. Am I correct in my understanding?

3 people like this.
  3. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

Hi Pallavi4me,

Thanks for showing interest.
    The story must cover all the pictures not just one. But it can be of any order. :)

4. Pallavi4me

Story involving all the 12 pictures aaaa faintingsmiley:roll: shakehead ... within 800 words!! I'm out then!! Will read others stories and vote for it. Thanks for the clarification.

1 person likes this.
  5. lucky2

lucky2 Platinum IL'ite

it would be more fun if entries open in forum. just my thought. nevertheless quite interesting.

6. Pallavi4me

Lucky entries would be in open forum will be posted by Marun & Aruna, so that we will not get to know the author's name at the time of voting. It would eliminate any favouritism we have towards authors. I think it is a good idea.

1 person likes this.
  7. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

Pals,

Please open the picture in a separate window to get the full size of image just in case if you feel uncomfortable.

8. nalinidiv

nalinidiv Platinum IL'ite

Marun,
    I couldnt understand the 8th pic and the 3rd pic.. May be ur explanation shall help the story writers stick to the theme of the photo

9. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

Hi Marun
    Can you tell me what the 3rd pic is all about, I am planning to send my story...

10. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

Hi Nallinidv & Visasri,For 3rd one, its all about your imagination. Take it as sky, black hole or anything. :) It's all about how to see it and frame the story. 8th picture has some text in it. Click on the picture and open it in a new window. It gives you bigger view.