1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Re: WHERE IS MY MR. RIGHT. - Story of Ramya, her teenage and married life... PART 8

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by sumalynux, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

She never gets an opportunity to call that day, as everybody was at house after girl seeing ritual..Ramya just stayed in room...She could hear her granny saying....

"you know Rajesh's dad is a professor in America, they have lots of properties in Ooty...And once they set up Rajesh's restaurant and family in abroad, they want to come back India permanently to take care of the Tea estates here..
    So only our Ramya and Rajesh would be there..No one to bother her. Rajesh is their only son..Its a golden opportunity for Ramya....." Even Rajesh is born and brought up in America, just 2 years back he came to India and hes working here now..

While granny was boasting about Rajesh's family, Ramya's mom was worried about Ramya's education....But Ramya's dad was very happy that she has got such a rich and good family.....

Ramya did not get any sleep..She was totally worried about how to stop this marriage..Next day she got up tired and grumpy..She went in kitchen for coffee...Ramya's granny said, you wake up so late, wont take bath and come into kitchen, if you are like this how will you manage after marriage.. Ramya saw her dad having breakfast, so she just took coffee and went to her room.. (Yes ramya was very scared of her father...She has never raised voice in front of him)

Ramya was drinking coffee, and thinking of what to do....From today it was leave for 2 months...So she cant even go out saying college..Friends house was ruled out after smitha's incident..She was just hoping mom and granny goes out, so she can make call.. But much to her dismay both never left home whole day....

Ramya realised till Granny is at home, she wont get time to make call..So she went out saying she will buy something from Bakery and called Arun's mobile....

Arun: Hello sweetie how are you? Sorry last time you called i had left mobile at office..I missed meeting you on last day of your exam..Looks like now on we can only meet in my parents house...

Ramya: Meeting me will be ruled out permanently, if this marriage proposal from granny gets fixed..Ramya explains what all happened in past two days...

Arun: Marriage proposal ?? Oh my god..Why dint you tell me earlier..

Ramya: Your Bil had passed, and i never expected this people to come this early....

Arun: Dont worry sweetie..Its leave for shilpa from tommorrow too..Infact My sister and Shilpa was planning to come there for 10days....I will talk to my sister tonite,
    i will ensure they will talk to your parent and cancel this marriage....You make some reason and come home tommorrow morning around 10;00..I will be waiting for you...

Ramya feels relaxed now...

2. sumalynux

Next day Ramya is walking here and there for a reason to go Aruns house....

Padma(Ramya's mom): Ramya have breakfast..I have done your favourite Bise bele bath..Can you manage to eat same thing for noon? Or you want to come for Seemantham function....

Granny: Arrey what will she do in elders function, let her sit at home, neeways we will come back by 4;00pm...Now come soon, we cant go directly for lunch.. We need to be there before Aarthi...(Says Ramya's granny).....

Ramya was totally happy...In next 30mins, they both left..It was already 10;30.. Ramya got ready immediately and rushed to Arun;s house....

She sees Shilpa, Arun's sister and Arun's mom talking near the gate... As soon as they saw Ramya.. Arun's sister calls her inside.....

Arun sister: Come ma...Sit...

Shruti :Arun mama was waiting for you, he just went out...He asked me to call him on mobile once you come..(and calls Arun to come home)

Arun's mother: Arun was telling that, you got a marriage proposal at home... see Ramya, its too early for us to approach your parents..Just now he took over my brothers business..He needs to settle first..Also Shilpa's marriage
    is his responsibilty..She completed 10th..We want to get her married within this year..If we get daughter married within a year of fathers death.. Kanyadanam punyam will reach her father(my brother).... So, only after her marriage we can even think of Arun's...

Ramya :Was confused and not sure what to say..(By then Arun steps in, and hears his mom)

Arun: Mom, i told you already.. We will marry after 2 years..But whats wrong in talking to her parents..So they wont search for other proposals...

Arun's sister: Dont worry....We will definitely talk to her parents.. But we have not even done 1st month thithi of your BIL..Let all this rituals complete.. Till then let her manage saying she is not interested in that marriage...

Ramya: But..... They are doing engagement in 15days, if everything falls in place...

Arun : Akka i want to marry Ramya..I cant loose her at any cost..Please do something...

Aruns sister: hmmmmm..Ok will try to talk to her parents, you don't worry...

Ramya: Thank you so much...

3. sumalynux

{Next day}

Ramya is now relieved, that Arun;s sister will talk to her parents... She happily spends the day Watching t.v and listening to music...

{Around 4;00pm}...tring tring... Ramya ran to pick the call.She knew it was Arun.. Hello...Is it Ramya ??? Can you give the phone to your grandmother...Ramya gave the
    phone to her granny with great disappointment....

Granny: Oh okay, is it, thats so great...Sure sure..Please come..Her father comes home by 7;00pm..But we can ask him to come home by 6;00pm..(Ramya was wondering who it was)

Granny(to padma): Yeah they liked Ramya..Their purohit has said the match is perfect they are coming evening to talk about further arrangements..

padma: Amma i know its a very good proposal, but please tell them she needs two more years to finish her degree.We can get her married by end of year..After that its just
    1.5years she will finish college..Anyway Rajesh's father said they need almost years time to set up restaurant there.So even if Rajesh goes, she can stay here 6-8 months and
    finish the degree..If they agree for this..I am totally okay with this marriage..

Ramya came out hearing this, and shouted saying..

Ramya : Nooooo i wont marry now..

I need to finish my degree..

Padma: yes, dear don't worry..We will ensure they let you finish your degree..

Ramya : I cant marry and go to college, all my friends will laugh at me...

Granny: There is no time for all this, they are coming in a hours time..Call up your husband and ask him to come by 5;00pm.Ask him to get some sweets and flowers..

Padma took the phone to call her dad..Ramya went to her room and shut the door...

She was worried how to get Arun;s sister to talk to her parents in this 1 hour... She immediately takes dog out.. Her granny shouts, they are coming in 1 hour, why is it urgent to take dog out now.... "Dog wants to pee now, its his regular timing it cant wait because Rajesh family is coming, and runs out...."

She reaches Arun;s place and calls shruti........ shrut.........

Shruti: Mama is not there, he is gone to office..

Ramya :Is Akka, and your grand mother home ???

Shruti: Yes they are home come inside.. Tie your dog to that gate..Amma..... Ramya akka has come..(Shilpa,Aruns sister and Aruns mom and Aruns aunt came out)

Ramya: They are coming to finalize engagement in an hour..Can you please come and talk now ???

Arun;s mother: Come on Ramya..Cant you understand..We need to do Shilpa marriage first..

Arun's aunt: Keeping shilpa in home, how do you expect to come home and ask your parents for your proposal...Its like keeping butter in hand and searching for ghee..

Ramya: keeping shilpa in home ? like keeping butter in hand and searching for ghee.??? Akka, what are they talking ?? They are coming home in 1 hour, if we wont talk, they
    will fix my marriage with that guy..

Arun;s sister: I am sorry Ramya, All our relatives suggested, Shilpa and Arun will make good pair..Also Arun is our only pillar now..If he marries my daughter, he can permanently
    stay with me...Even if shilpa marries others and go away, and Arun marries you and goes away, i will be all alone.. So i feel this is best solution..

Ramya: I will talk to Arun....

Arun's sister: No use.. He has already agreed to marry Shilpa

Ramya was totally confused, she could not believe what she was hearing.. Ramya just walks out of the house without talking anything........

4. sumalynux

Ramya wanted to call Arun immediately, but she had dog with her, also she was late.. So she just went home.. She decides to just go through formalities at home and tell
    Arun to get married soon..She was confident Arun will marry her..

Around 6;30pm Rajesh and family came...They discussed the dates.And fixed next sunday for Engagement function.. They all agreed to do Engagement function in some Mini hall... Ramya just kept quiet without any feelings, as she was confident by next sunday she will be married to Arun.....

Once they all left, Ramya's parents and granny got busy discussing about arrangements for Engagement..Ramya heard her granny saying "Tom morrow you put leave pa, first
    let us book a hall and catering tomorrow..Once this two are booked rest we can arrange after that...

Ramya was now relived, that nobody will be at house tomorrow and she gets to meet Arun.. Moment they all left Ramya locked the door, and ran to make a call.

Ramya : Arun its me..You know what happened...

(Before she could complete)

Arun: Ramya i know what happened..Please don't call me from today..I cant marry you..

Ramya: What......... What are you talking Arun ?????

Arun: I am sorry.. My marriage is fixed with Shilpa next month.. Dont call me again.
    You marry your parents proposal and be happy....Please forget me.

Ramya: Forget you ??? Are you out of your mind...Just 2 days back your sister agreed to talk to my parents, now suddenly she changed, But what happened to you....

Arun: I am not in a position to talk anything..I will not be able to marry you... and Disconnected the call...

Ramya's head was spinning, she was shell shocked..Ramya cried very badly... After some time, She decided to call again.... Arun disconnected the call thrice.. She then called to Office number...

Arun: Ramya dont call me..Please understand, dont loose the proposal at home.. Marry him, you will be happy....

Ramya: What are you talking Arun ?? Dint you love me at all???

Arun: Ramya i will change mobile number..And will ask boys not to give your call.. If you stop talking to me, eventually you will forget me.. Now m disconnecting Good bye.....

Ramya dropped phone from hand, and just sat in same place....

knock knock....Door bell rang..

She saw the clock and realized she just sat 2hours in same place..

Ramya splashed water on face, and opened the door..

Granny:Why did you take so much of time to open the door..
    Come on get ready we need to go to buy you saree..

Ramya: I had slept..(Ramya gets ready without talking a word)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.