1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Daughter- The most precious

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by meril, Nov 8, 2013.

1. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

My Daughter- The most precious..

Kumar Krishna opened the door to the college auditorium and was followed by the college staff to a vacant seat. He was one among the hundreds of parents and faculty seated in the auditorium.

He looked around and saw his sister-in-law occupying one of the seats.

"Now I would like to invite all our graduating students to the stage" said one of the faculties.

This made Kumar Krishna (KK) concentrate in the speech.

Mrs. Indu would give us a brief description of each student's academic excellence, the contribution they have made to the art, sports etc.

Saying this, faculty took his position along with the other faculties and the students went up the stage as called in the alphabetic order.

This was the most awaited moment for all the graduating students and their parents.

Ashvini Kumar.. Yes there she is said KK trying to get a glimpse of her among the crowd.

A glance of her made him say" My daughter- the most precious."
    He couldn't control his happiness seeing her up on the stage with her graduation gown and tears of joy filled his eyes.

Soon after the ceremony, all the students lined up for the photograph. The flashes seemed like the lighting..

Kumar kept looking at his daughter when suddenly he felt someone tapping on his shoulder, he turned back to see Mr. Shan( his sister-in-law's husband).
    Congratulations to Miss Ashvini Kumar's father on her graduation he said and showed his hand in order for a hand shake, shortly Mrs. Shan( Reshmi) also joined the conversation.
    Oh Kumar bhaiya, thought you wouldn't make it on time." I didn't get to attend the ceremony right from the beginning but that doesn't matter", said Kumar.

Reshmi waved at Ashvini in order to get her attention. Ashvini soon joined them and introduced them to few of her friends and teachers.

She took a couple of pictures with her dad, aunt and her husband.

The girls never seemed to be happy with the number of pictures taken. Shan and Reshmi couldn't wait until the never ending photo session got over and left in a while.

Kumar took one of the seats and relaxed until they were satisfied with the pictures taken.

When they were finally home, Ashvini knocked at her father's room door and got in without waiting for his answer.

Kumar had removed his suit, tie and was unbuttoning his shirt.
    Ashvini asked "Dad, how did u like the function?" and kept speaking about her day... Her convocation seemed to be never ending but Kumar listened to her very patiently like he always did.

He finally said, It's late now Ashi, go to bed..

"Alright dad she said turning to leave" , and turned quickly as if she forgot something and asked him..

Dad, you never said how you liked me in this sari.. She kept her left hand on her hips and held the pallu with her right hand and looked at him.
    Just like your mom, very pretty was his answer..

Ohh No..No.. Dad don’t get romantic now, I'm your daughter she said and both of them laughed.

He kissed her Goodnight and off she went to her room..
    She closed her room door thought of her mom.
    Mrs. Asha.. Late Mrs. Asha Kumar..

To be continued..

2. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

Good start Meril...
    Little senti... but i liked it... waiting for next posts

3. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Hi Meril,

Welcome to IL. Very good start with senti episode. Waiting for next

4. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

A good start....
    Waiting for the next post

Shanti

5. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

Thanks.. Divshiri,
    I'm glad that you liked the story, will upload the next episode soon..

6. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

Thanks.. Divshiri, Vsharma & Shashiv
    I'm glad that you liked the story, will upload the next episode soon..

7. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

Good start! Waiting for the next episode!

1 person likes this.
  8. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

My Daughter-The most precious.

After the tiring convocation ceremony, Ashvini started her day late. She ran her fingers through her long black hair and managed to clip it up with a claw clip.

She grabbed a novel and headed downstairs, calling out for a cup of coffee to their live-in maid- Sita.

Ashvini slides the glass door to a beautiful lawn across the hall; this was one of her favourite place in the house. She stretched her hands, yawned and walked at a snail's pace to a garden swing.

Once she was seated on the swing she placed her legs on the swing opposite her and opened the book.

Sita came with a cup of coffee and some biscuits to munch on and enquired if she would like anything else as breakfast/brunch?

"No thanks", I would prefer having my lunch once Dad's home. Nothing else needed for now", said Ashvini with a smile.

Sita has been living with them since Ashvini was a kid. Ashvini was polite and soft spoken to all their workers and never held her head high in dealing with them, which was usually expected from a person who was privileged with all the wealth one could have.

Ashvini heard the car honk at the gate; the security guards opened the gate and the driver drove the car towards the car porch. She got in her house and pushed the glass door to close it,walked towards the door, Sita had already opened the door for Kumar Krishna and Hashim (KK's manager cum personal advocate).

"Wait till I get the file", said KK to Hashim and went upstairs.

Hashim saw Ashvini and congratulated her on her gradation.
    Thank you uncle Hashim, said Ashvini, and expressed her concern on him not attending the ceremony.

"Oh dear, I had to stay back at work so that your dad reached on time", said Hashim in response.

Oh yea! I forgot you people are really busy, said Ashvini in a sarcastic tone.
    Hashim laughed and corrected her by saying," no your dad is never too busy for you." He asked her what her future plan was?

To which her answer was: Master in Business Administration, but where hasn't been decided yet.

KK came down the stairs dressed in his homely outfit and handed the file to Hashim.

Ashvini invited Hashim for lunch, but he had other appointments and left with the file.

To be continued...

9. shireesha06

shireesha06 Silver IL'ite

Nice story dear, keep coming :)

10. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

Thank You Shireesha! :)