1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love Trap - Part 17

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Vignesh1310, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Vignesh1310

Vignesh1310 Bronze IL'ite

“What you want Karthick???” mom asked me.

“Nothing mom… just came to drink water!!!” I said, opened the fridge, took onion from the basket without her knowledge and came back to room.

I heard if we kept onion under our armpit for hours then we would get severe fever! So I kept onion under my armpit, opened my room’s window, sat near the window and started inhaling the chill air.

“Karthick... please... drop this idea... Do you know what are you doing???? You are gonna ruin your academy life!!!” my mind warned me.

I sat there for hours without sleeping and started feeling some irritation in my eyes, throat and felt a bit headache. When I looked at the clock, it was 3 o’clock in the morning.

“Please don’t cheat me... I wanna score more marks in exams... I wanna be a topper!!!” my mind pleaded me.

“I can’t cheat my love!!!!” I said.

Morning 8 o’clock, I was lying on my bed.

“Karthick??? Didn’t you get up??? It’s very late da... Get up and study!!!” by telling that my mom came near me.

My eyes were damn red and my body was shivering much.

By looking at my face itself she understood I was ill.

“Karthick???? Dear… What happened da????” my mom asked tensely and touched my head and neck.

“Oh my god… What happened dear???? Your body is heating like this????” she said and immediately called for our family doctor.

He came, checked my body and said “Severe fever... Temperature is around 104 F. Will put an injection. Take care!!!”

Next day he came and checked my body... The temperature was same...”What’s happening?? Why the temperature isn’t reducing down???” he asked himself.

How could he know that every night I kept onion under my armpit and sat near the window with the glass opened?

Sunday noon, 3 PM.

The studious part in me provoked me to study. I had opened the book and started reading. But the love part in me asked me to stop reading... My love for Pooja overwhelmed my fear of getting low marks. I closed the book.

By that time mom came into my room.
    I looked at her and felt I had cheated her and let her dreams down.

“Its public exam Karthick... Keep your mind free and study!!!” I had recalled what my mom told me few months back.

“Karthick… how are you feeling now???” she asked me.

“It’s paining mom…” I said.

“Fever means the body would pain severely dear... But that’s ok... You will be alright” she said.

But she never knew I had mentioned about my heart’s pain. Because becoming school topper in board exams is one of my dreams... But I killed my dream for my love.

“Dear… Don’t worry that you couldn’t study well and write well… Health is more important than scoring marks in exam… Who knows that you would get fever at this time…? It happened... Couldn’t change it… So without thinking about that, just close your eyes and sleep well... If not this year, you could always do better next year son” she said and kissed on my forehead.

I was completely broken by her words. I had screamed aloud and started crying vigorously.

I buried my face on my mom’s lap and started sobbing….

“I love you Pooja” I said to myself.

Each drop of my tears told my love for Pooja. But I never thought my love would become so cheap to her………………………!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S: Thanks to all who showed genuinie interest in reading this story so far.
    I am Vignesh, the real author of this story. I am going to post rest of the parts just not to disappoint the readers who followed this story so far! As i am not native to this platform, I am expecting your hearty support and encouragement which provokes me to write more!

Read, Enjoy, Comment and Share! Happy Living! :)

Note from the Moderators:
    We received a complaint from Vignesh about his story being copied and posted here by Vijayalakshmi. We conducted a thorough enquiry about this claim and we are satisfied with the proof furnished by Vignesh supporting his claim. We have requested Vignesh to post the further installments of the story in HIS name.
    Cheeniya & Arunarc

11 people like this.

2. Vignesh1310

I would like to thank the moderators Cheeniya & Arunarc for letting me prove myself about the ownership of this story.

3. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

story is going in good phase.... keep writing

4. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

It must be a coincidence that the characters in the story and its author both had to through some tough times.
    The story is going great!!! :thumbsup:

5. Vignesh1310

Thanks Deepu :) Keep reading :)

6. Vignesh1310

Tough situations make us matured and let us stay a step ahead of others :) I am glad to put myself in tough situations Dinny :) Keep reading :)

1 person likes this.
  7. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Vignesh, I can't thank you enough for coming forward to continue your story. Great going! :thumbsup

8. rakinya

rakinya Platinum IL'ite

I'm so happy that this story regained it's life. Thanks Vignesh for coming forward.

9. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Vignesh

Thank you for coming forward and adding this story for our readers, who were eagerly wait for the next part.
    I am sure all the members who has participated in the previous parts will give you full support.
    You can visit the previous parts to see your name is added right on top of the post.

Now the comment for the story.
    For the sake of love Karthick is falling sick so that Pooja can be 1st in the class.... great going:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  10. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Hi Vignesh,

Thanks for continuing this story otherwise we all would have been in suspense :) Great going I loved reading this story from the beginning. Great story