1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Someone special - part 11 (final part)

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by VIJAYALAKSHMI06, Aug 1, 2013.

1. VIJAYALAKSHMI06

VIJAYALAKSHMI06 Platinum IL'ite

SOMEONE SPECIAL - PART 11 - FINAL PART

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/224468-someone-special.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/224751-someone-special-part-1-a.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/224890-someone-special-part-2-a.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/225022-someone-special-part-3-a.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/225135-someone-special-part-4-a.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/225252-someone-special-part-5-a.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/225744-someone-special-part-6-a.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/225987-someone-special-part-7-a.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/226121-someone-special-part-8-a.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/226332-someone-special-part-9-a.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/226398-someone-special-part-10-a.html

He sighed and said, “There is nothing special till now. Life isn’t that interesting to me after school. When I was at school, I felt each day so alive and refreshing. After school, every day is same. Parents are good to me taking good care of me and they were happy about my grades and about my good behavior. I have made friends wherever I go. Every friend is different but everyone is same to me. As I stood high at colleges also, teachers appreciated me. I was very active all the time. As every bright student, I kept my grades high and started my career in a good company. That’s it. I found nothing special in this as I didn’t find anything different. I enjoyed all the days, but it was like every day passed as planned. This doesn’t mean that I didn’t like it. I like my life. But, to say about ‘Special’, I have nothing to say.”

“That’s it? Oh. That sounds so boring.” I said in disappointment. I thought I could hear something interesting from him like I said to him. Like everyone told their interests at school.

“Yeah. I told you na, my life is not as interesting as others.” He said.

“But, you are so good at everything. There will be something that you want to do. There will be something that you might have missed so much. Didn’t you ever felt that?” I asked him.

He fell into silence suddenly. I think he might be thinking. “Come on. Think well. You said at school each day was different. Why the days are not like that now? There will be something which makes your life interesting. You might have missed it much. May be that is ‘something special’ in your life.” I said.

What am I talking here? Every person feels school life special. That’s what he is also feeling. That’s it. There is no point in asking him to remember. May be there is nothing special in his life then like he said. Why should I force him to think? He may tease me again if I keep on asking. Whatever, after few minutes, I won’t see him again till we meet up again for another day like this.

I saw from my corner, he is looking at me. I turned to him.

“What?” I asked.

“I think I missed you.” He said.

“What?? What did you say?” I asked him again hearing him wrong.

Coming close to me, stopping a feet away- “I THINK I MISSED YOU” he repeated.

I stood there frozen. I didn’t hear him wrong. What is he saying? He missed me. What did he mean? “What do you mean?” I said it out which I was asking to myself for few times.

“I don’t know. I thought about you after school. You may laugh at my thought but, I really thought like this. I wished it would be better if you too could join the same college with me after school so that I may have a good time teasing each other again. You don’t believe if I say that I used to plan the next day how I could take revenge on you when you did something the before day to me. I always tried to put you in trouble even though that it may hurt you. I know you will definitely take revenge on me. I know you are not that weak hearted girl who gives up on me. You were so brave and I was surprised to see you the next day coming to me initiating one more fight. It would be a great shock to me if you let me go without getting in my way. But, like every day you kept my days different and busy. The day without your presence at school, I don’t remember it.

But, after school in college, I felt there is no one that makes my day different. So only all my days after school were different. I thought about you. For few days I wondered whether you too had these thoughts. I made few calls to you to find out, asking you about few certificates and grades. I tried to keep contact with you. But, you were same as before. You tried to avoid me as much as possible which makes me clear that there is no way you have thought like this. Later, I forgot all about you eventually. I kept myself busy at studies. I don’t remember any day in particular later. I felt like I have been sleeping all the days and years when I woke up with your call one day. I was surprised to hear you. More than that, I was shocked that I forgot about you all these days. Later each and every talk with you made me alive again. And now at this time I learnt one thing. I can say that, “The days with your presence are someone special to me.”” He said.

I don’t know for how long we stood there like that. I was trembling. I don’t know what I was supposed to say. I asked him to tell about his special. I asked him to think and to remember. Now I am here wordless and searching for words to say.

Shall I say ‘Ok’? –No. That is not the right answer. Should I say ‘I don’t agree what are you saying’? –How can I say that? He didn’t ask me to agree or accept. What should I tell now? He is looking at me to say something. I wish I can go back few minutes back and go to home directly without any discussion with him. But, this is not the time to think all this. I have to say something and go to home soon. It’s getting late. All this conversation in my mind took a minute for me to answer him. I looked at him.

“I don’t know what to say.” I said honestly moving slowly. We started walking again. We entered our street. It was about to rain.

“I too don’t know what to expect you to say because I get to know this just now. But whatever I said, I felt truly all these years. I don’t know how far you understood but, this I didn’t plan to say. It just happened. No one including me knew this till now. I feel my hearted lightened now. I don’t know why. May be it’s because I was holding this truth without telling to myself. When I told you, more than that I realized how I missed you. We both got to know at same time.” He said and I didn’t see reaching myself home. My dad was sitting in chair in the corridor enjoying the climate. He stood and came near to gate seeing me coming.

“Wow. You are back. Did you have good time baby?” He asked me. I was still looking at Rohit. Even he was hesitating to leave.

“Who is it? Is that your friend baby?” I heard dad opening gate for me and asking me.

“Yeah daddy. This is Rohit, I used to tell you na daddy, and Rohit this is my daddy.” I said and we all went inside. They exchanged few words.

I made tea for all of us and sat in hall talking to each other. Dad asked him about his office and other stuff. They even talked about politics, sports etc. At home other than dad no one was interested in politics and sports. We don’t even let him to watch news or sports. Today dad got some company it seems. I was speechless between their talks because I had nothing to talk about.

Meanwhile I got some time to get fresh up and feel relaxed after having such a day. I haven’t expected that the day would turn out like this. I can’t wait tell dad about all of it. I was just still hesitating in mind whether to tell dad everything. Especially about the end of the day. About Rohit. I don’t know but somehow I have to tell him. After all I can only talk to him about this and he might have a good answer for that.

As it had started raining, Rohit left a bit late when it stopped raining. The sky was clear then. While leaving we didn't talk much about evening and even he has also behaved as if he didn't say anything. We shook hands and I felt his hand so cold. Was it because of climate or because I was tensed? Whatever, I was relieved that he left.

Later, I slowly started telling my dad about my day. He listened to me carefully and observed me. I liked him when he listens to all my stories so patiently. I think he can even read or guess that there is something more I want to tell him. After our dinner, I even told about Rohit also. There he listened to me seriously again as if he was waiting for this part. I wonder how he can know. Did Rohit gave any idea before itself to make dad to guess, or am I that easy to read?

Listening to me completely till I finished, he asked his first question. “What did you say to him?”

“I didn’t tell him anything dad. I said I don’t know what to say. He too said nothing. Later we reached home and rest of it you know what happened here.” I said.

“Do you too miss him?” he asked.

“No dad. I would have known it na, If I missed him.” I said.

“But, even he had come to know it now only na. You said like that.” He said smiling.

“Oh. Come on dad. If he feels like that, that doesn’t mean that I too have to feel in that way.” I said. “What my point is, my days were so normal and I am happy all these days as happy as I felt in school. He says that he feels his days are different after school. So, I didn’t miss him as he missed me. What was that supposed to mean then?” I asked him.

“You might have not missed him baby. But, I missed him my dear.” He said in reply.

“What? Dad, now you too don’t play with me. How can you miss him? You don’t even know him.” I said.

“I know him dear. I know him all your school time.” He said.

“Is it? But how do you know? He didn’t even come to our house. Not even once.” I asked in surprise.

“You used to tell me about him daily. You were so irritated about his activities. Firstly I thought of coming to school and complain about him who bothers my daughter much. But, you never asked me for that. Each day you said how you faced him like a brave girl. I laughed at your stories at the same time I found myself interesting in listening to them. When we were alone you used to tell more about him. In fact, after school you used to wait for me to come home and listen about him. I won’t say anything but, you love to tell about him. After school you were happy that he won’t bother you much. But, I sometimes wonder what he might be doing somewhere. Sometimes, I even wanted to see him. But he never came to our house as you said. Later when you joined college, you never told about him or thought about him. You also became busy with your new friends, new college and studies. Even though you told me few things about your college you didn’t seem so interested to talk to me about them daily which means all your days are same and nothing different and interesting. Meanwhile our talks were reduced. I missed your school talks with me otherwise I can say, I missed him as most of your talks were about him only. I never told you this.” He said.

I was surprised again. I stood there shocked again. When I heard the same thing from Rohit, I somehow managed to say something. But now it is about me hearing from my dad. I couldn’t believe my ears. I feel like I was someone new. What am I doing till now? How can I not know what I am and how I felt and behaved? My dad was looking at me and I felt something warm on my cheeks. I touched it. It is my tears. I didn’t feel them coming. I ran to my dad and hugged him tight. I don’t know why I was crying, but I cried hard. Even my dad didn’t say anything. I don’t want to hear anything much. I had enough for the day. When I was done with my tears, my dad took me to my room. He gave me water. I felt better but still I don’t know what was going in my mind and my heart.

“Daddy” I said.

“Shh.. Just sleep well. Don’t think anything. Everything will be fine.” He said.
    He was about to say good night to me, my mobile beeped letting us to know that I have got a message. He took it and saw. It was from Rohit’s. He gave it to me. I saw the message silently. I smiled and I showed it to him.

“Just sleep well. Don’t think anything. Everything will be fine.” It says.

“Ha ha... :) He seems same like me. He thinks like me na. I liked him.” My dad said and laughed. I too laughed with him and then I don’t know why I blushed
    My dad made a face and said, “Wow. My daughter is blushing now. Did I miss something?” He asked me laughing.

“Nothing.” I nodded and said, “You are really someone special to me daddy.” I said.

“You too my dear.” My dad said.

“Love you dad” I said hugging him and I know what his response will be. :)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * THE END * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

5 people like this.

2. ASHWINRAJ

ASHWINRAJ Gold IL'ite

Hi Vijayalakshmi,

A wonderful "SOMEONE SPECIAL".
    A good finish the story.
    Keep writing more.Waiting for your next story plot.
    Keep writing.All the very best.

1 person likes this.
  3. VIJAYALAKSHMI06

Thanks Ashwin.
    Yeah sure will keep writing more.

1 person likes this.
  4. PriyaPrahlad

PriyaPrahlad Silver IL'ite

Hi Vijayalakshmi,
    Your story was too good. Loved it..
    Past few days I was waiting for the next part. Finally you posted it :)

1 person likes this.
  5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Vijayalakshmi

Enjoyed reading someone special. It is so true all of us have someone special who we admire the most in our life.

1 person likes this.
  6. Madhumidha

Madhumidha Gold IL'ite

Hi Vijayalakshmi,
    Story is too good. Enjoyed reading...
    Keep writing!!!!

1 person likes this.
  7. VIJAYALAKSHMI06

Thanks a lot PriyaPrahlad.

8. VIJAYALAKSHMI06

Thankyou Arunaarc.Yea as you say everyone have SOMEONE SPECIAL.
    And I proudly say my Brother is SOMEONE SPECIAL for me!!

9. VIJAYALAKSHMI06

Thanks Madhumidha.Yea sure will keep writing more.

10. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Wooooow... Wonderful story.. Really i liked the final part of realization of someone special is nice... enjoyed your narration... Bravo!!!!

1 person likes this.