1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Software-se-diaper-tak

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by vidyajithesh, Jan 13, 2013.

1. vidyajithesh

vidyajithesh Gold IL'ite

“Hey I am so excited Sameer”, Nishka came running into the bedroom with these words and gave me the shock of my life with a wild hug and broke my peaceful slumber.
    Just as I gathered my sanity, I asked “Kya hua?”. “You wont believe , Sameer I am pregnant”. “Oh Nishi!!! But we have been married for only seven months damn it!!!” was all I could say.
    “So WHAT?, don’t you know parenthood is so divine. All my life I have dreamt of becoming a wife and then a Mommy, Oh how can you be so mean,Sameer?”

I knew just then, that there was no point arguing with her further and trying to remind her of the responsibilities that came with the birth of a baby,the sleepless nights, the diaper changes and so many other things that they probably don’t show in movies.(How do I know?, after all I am also gonna be a father for the first time and seriously I was not ready yet!!! But Nishi is Nishi!!!)

That was over an year ago. Now our son, Ankush is 5 months old. Nishi’s mom is leaving for Delhi today, as her dad has suddenly fallen ill. Nishi is very confident that she can manage the baby alone and by the time she needs to get back to work, ie in a week from now, she will get a Nanny for Kush from Agra.

This was our first night alone with the baby.(I used to sleep in a different room, while Nishi and her mom took care of the baby’s needs at night). At around 11PM(mind you, I fell asleep only 15 mins back), I woke up hearing the loud wails of Kush. (Where is Nishi, damn it?).God! she was fast asleep. “Maa, give some milk from the bottle to Kush” was all she said and went away to sleep. (“Maa???, god this lady doesn’t even remember that her mom has already left for Delhi”).Anyways I took Kush in my arms and pushed the bottle into his mouth. That stopped his wails and he went off to sleep in half an hour. And I don’t remember when I fell asleep myself. Again at around 3A.M.,wham!,Kush’s alarm is on again..”Nishi, Nishi…”(No use). I feed the child again and put him to sleep. (Oh my god this so tough).At 7 A.M Nishi wakes me up and says guiltily “Oh Sameer, you managed Kush all alone last night?? My poor darling, why didn’t you wake me up?? You know na how careless I can get once I am asleep, sorry sweetheart, Ohhh I love you so much my cutie pie”..(Cutie pie,my foot!!!,I am so zzzzzsleepy)…

(And all this while you guys thought that only woman found it hard striking work-life(with kids) balance) :rotfl

Excerpt from my now-not-so active blog at blogspot.

8 people like this.
  2. kuttettan

kuttettan Silver IL'ite

Seriously, I was looking for a part in the story where Sameer would dress up for a Client meeting, and Ankush would spoil the dress!:bonk

I have seen men who used to carry laptops but now kids! :)

Nice writing Vidya ji. Keep writing!

1 person likes this.
  3. vidyajithesh

vidyajithesh Gold IL'ite

Thanks kuttetta..ethoru mood il angane ezhuthiyatha..glad you liked :)

4. Soumys

Soumys Bronze IL'ite

Nice one vidya..

5. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

6. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

7. vidyajithesh

vidyajithesh Gold IL'ite

Thanks Soumys :)