1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A College Love Story - Part 14

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by crazywriter, Sep 18, 2012.

1. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/183407-college-love-story-part-13-a.html

The mail said, “Hi Varsha, I know this is an awkward way for an introduction. Can we help it? If we think about it, this might be an ideal way to get to know each other. If you like me, then when (if) we meet, you will not be able to run away, saying that I am ugly! :D

I got your mail id yesterday, and today I am writing the mail.

I am sure you will be wondering if I know you, how my family sent the proposal to your family etc. For now, let us keep that as unknown. With time, depending on our situation, I will give you a full intro. Until then, let me remain an invisible pen friend. Let us discuss our likes and dislikes, our thoughts about politics, life, the world, art, and anything that you want to talk about. Tell me a little about yourself. I don’t know much. What do you do, what are the things that you like to do, your hobbies, your pastimes, your favourite dishes? Ok I know that sounds like a survey questionnaire! Fine, I shall tell you a little about my likes and dislikes.

I like reading, and travelling, I collect stamps. I love chakli :)D) (chakli is a savoury snack prepared in Karnataka - it is like the murukku in Tamil), veg pulao, chat items, and sweets like rasagulla. J I have a younger sister; we have a three-year age gap. I would like to travel around the world, and see new places. Oh ya, I almost forgot, I also sketch in my spare time. ok, now I will say bye, and wait for you to reply. Please reply when you can. I am eagerly waiting. J

Varsha read the whole mail thrice. She did not know what to do. Slowly she calmed down, and closed the window. Then she sat with her thoughts. She was not sure if she should even reply to this mail. She could ignore it, and tell her family that she was not interested. After sometime, she decided to reply to it. After a long thinking session, she typed out. She thought and rethought, wrote the mail, and rewrote it. Eventually, the final mail looked like this:

“Hi mystery man, I would like to know your name. I need to know who I am talking to. And I feel this is a bad idea; communicating via mails. I would like to meet you once, and then we can continue to talk via mail. You seem to know a lot about me, but I don’t know anything about you. Expecting a reply with answers to my questions.”

She closed her eyes, crossed her fingers, and hit the ‘Send’ button. She sighed, and decided to go to bed as it was late, and she was tired. She wanted to tell her mother about the mail, so she trudged out to meet her. She found her mother reading in the hall, and sat down next to her. She said, “Amma, I got a mail from that person. He has not said anything about himself. He says he wants to keep things a secret, and reveal himself after we get to know each other.” Her mother said, “Oh? Have you replied to it?” Varsha said, “Yes, I did. I told him that I need to know his name, and who he is; I cannot continue to talk and connect with a total strager, who does not have a face or a name. I also told him that I want to meet him,” Her mother said, “Wise of you, maga. Let us see what he says.” Varsha replied, “I am going to bed now, let him reply when he wants to!”

She came to her room. She was about to shut down her computer, when she saw a new mail. The person had replied. She opened it warily. “Very smart of you, Varsha. J Alright, I shall reveal my details to you. Before that, can I request one last ‘mystery’? Shall I reveal myself to you when we meet? Tell me when you are free, we can meet in some coffee house, you can bring your friends or parents along. Please let me know if this arrangement is fine. J

She immediately replied, “Ok, can you come to Madras Café tomorrow at 3? How will we recognize each other?” and sent it. She wondered if he would reply immediately. She decided to get ready for bed, change, clear her bed, and come and check her mail. After ten minutes, she checked if he had replied. There was a reply. She opened it. “Sure, I will be there. I shall sit at table 6. Can you ask the waiter to guide you there? I shall also wear a blue check shirt. Will that be fine? Also my telephone number is - (he had written his mobile number).”
    Varsha replied, “Alright, I will see you tomorrow then. Good night.” And she logged off. She decided to ask Priya if she was free the next day. In the morning, she called Priya. “Are you free today afternoon? I need a favour from you.” Priya said, “Sure, what is it, if I can, I will do it!” Varsha replied, “You remember the guy I told you about, the proposal? He has mailed me yesterday. We are meeting today at Madras Café at 3. Can you come with me? I don’t want to go alone.” Priya said, “Ok, I can come. I have some work nearby, so I will finish it and come directly to Madras Café. Is that ok?” Varsha agreed.

The day dragged along slowly. She spoke to her parents, and told them about the meeting. They were happy that Priya was free to go with her. Her father said, “Smart decision to take a friend along. It would have been awkward if you had asked either of us to come with you.” She sat around watching TV, and deciding what to wear. It took her an hour to finalise on a green top and a pair of jeans. She sat down for a quick lunch at 1, and rushed off to get ready. She took a long time to decide on how to wear her hair. First, she tried a pony, which she thought was not ok. Then she tried plaiting it, but then she felt that a plait would not go with casual attire. Finally, after a lot of trial and error, she tied up her hair in a pony, and got ready. She waved a hurried bye to her brother, and went out. The sun was burning down on her. She hailed an auto, which she luckily got soon enough, and reached the café.

Her heart galloped away as she got off the auto and walked inside. She remembered the mail “Ask for table number 6.” She was about to hail a waiter, when she spotted Priya there. She was seated at a table with Madhav sir. She was surprised to see him there. Priya waved at Varsha, and she went to the table. It looked like Priya and Madhav sir had been talking for a while. “Hi Varsha, nice to see you here, sit down.” Varsha took a seat at the table. “Thank you, sir, but we have to go, we are meeting someone here,” she said. “Oh, is that so, ok, no problem, we can talk later.” Priya said, “Bye sir, we will see you later,” and she got up. She and Varsha walked up to the nearest waiter, and Varsha said, “Can you please tell me which is table 6?” he replied, “Table 6 is occupied madam,” Varsha said, “Yes, I have to meet that person, can you tell me where he is sitting?”

Dear readers, I could not help it, I had to stop the post here! I request you all to have a little patience, I will reveal the groom in the next post. If you notice, this post is little longer than the others, I know, because I have a word count. Please continue to read A College Love Story. :)

11 people like this.

2. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

Oh God !!! what a suspense !!! i think it is Madhav sir himself ?? i always had this doubt...lets see if i am right

3 people like this.
  3. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Yup even me thinks the same.... the groom is madhav sir... Btw nice episode. Waiting for the next one!!!

1 person likes this.
  4. veenaruban

veenaruban Silver IL'ite

OMG!!.. such a suspense. I'm waiting to read the next part..

please continue the story.............:spin

1 person likes this.
  5. crazywriter

:-D keep reading to know, charu :)

6. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

i am waiting for the groom.............

1 person likes this.
  7. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Sumaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... From last episode itself Iam zeroing in on Madhav... now why did you put the brakes at the exact time? too bad dearie....

1 person likes this.
  8. laksiash

laksiash Senior IL'ite

is it Madhav sir? or do u have some more suspense for us? pls make it fast for next post

1 person likes this.
  9. Padhmu

Padhmu IL Hall of Fame

Hello Crazy, quite thrill to read today. who is the groom? Is it madhav sir? eager to read the next.

1 person likes this.
  10. crazywriter

Thanks saarang, keep reading :)