1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A College Love Story - Part 7

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by crazywriter, Aug 14, 2012.

1. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/176660-college-love-story-part-6-a.html
    The next couple of days Varsha spent in Madhav sir’s company. They talked about many things, including cows, the village temple, philosophy, news, music, movies, and everything under the sun. Varsha had a good time, and she also managed to catch some time with her cousins. One day sir had to go to the next town, so she spent the time at home. On another day, he had some other work, so she went out with her cousins. Within a week, sir announced his return trip. Varsha still had a few days before her return, so she was a little disappointed.

Sir came to her house to say bye to everyone the day before he was due to leave. He said, “I will be a regular visitor to my aunt’s place, so you will keep seeing me often.” Varsha’s grandma said, “That is good to know, please visit us often.” Sir turned to Varsha and said, “See you in college, Varsha. Hope you are all charged up for the new semester.” Her mood perked up at the thought of returning to college, meeting her gang of friends, getting back to classes, and her teachers. She said, “Yes sir! I am eagerly looking forward to college.” Sir said, “Very good, I like the spirit. If only all students were like you, no one would have the problem of attendance shortage. Some of them were denied hall tickets this time due to a very low average of attendance.”

Madhav sir left the next morning. Varsha was a little low for a while, but she was soon caught up in other things. She spent the next few days with her cousins and grandma. Saturday evening, she and her family were getting ready to leave for the railway station. Madhav sir’s aunty came in to wish them a safe journey. She told Varsha, “Come again next time, ma, I really love your company.” Varsha replied, “Yes aunty, I will!” And they left for their return journey.

After reaching home, they all spent Sunday resting and getting geared up for the new week. Varsha was very excited. She spent an hour packing her college bag, and another hour on deciding what to wear to college. After a lot of deliberation, she decided on a light blue kurta with a pair of jeans. She had bought some new clothes, and she was dying to wear them to college. She spent some time filing her nails and painting them. She was restless throughout dinner, and picked at her food. Her father said, “Why are you not eating Varsha? New term starts tomorrow, you will need your strength.” After dinner, she rushed off to her room, to go to bed early. She thought that the earlier she went to bed, the faster morning would come. She had just spread out the quilt when her mother called her. “Phone for you!” Varsha ran to the phone and said, “Hello?” on the other side, Priya said, “Hi Varsha, so you are finally back! How was your vacation?” Varsha replied, “Oh it was great Priya! How was yours?” they talked for a while, and then Varsha said, “Let us go to bed now, catch you tomorrow. I can’t wait to see you all.” “Sure bye, good night,” Priya said, “See you soon!”

The next day, Varsha excitedly made her way to college. She badly wanted to meet her friedns and tell them all about her vacation. She was not very sure if she should share the Madhav sir episode with them. Somehow, she had a feeling she should not tell anyone. What if sir did not like it, so she was in two minds about it. She spotted Harish and Priya, and ran to them. “Hi you guys!” She beamed. They responded enthusiastically. Priya came forward and hugged Varsha. “Had a good holiday?” Harish asked; his usual smile in place. “Oh yes, I had a lot of fun. What about you all, where did you go?” They both exchanged sour looks. Priya said, “It didn’t happen, Varsha, no one was too enthusiastic. We both wanted to go, but eventually ended up not going.” Varsha felt bad for them. “Next vacation we will all go. We can plan right now, so that we can go during the December holidays.” She said. “Let us go to class now, Smitha ma’am will be waiting to give us our answer papers!” Harish said.

The three of them entered class, and spotted Vineeth at their usual seat. He greeted them all with hi-fives. They started chatting, and were wondering where Raksha was. Priya said, “I spoke to her a few days back, she said she will be a little late in coming for class. She is not sure by how many days. I kept calling her number, but she was not there; she called me last Thursday.” Soon, Smitha ma’am came in with the papers, and a hush descended in the class. Everyone was waiting for their results. Ma’am smiled at their tense faces, and said, “Hi everyone, I know you all are dying to see your papers. I will distribute them according to your roll numbers, you can come and take them from me. Before that, did you all have a good vacation?” The class mumbled a collective reply, and Smitha ma’am said, “Ok, I will not make you wait any longer.” And she started distributing the papers.

The gang was waiting impatiently for their papers. Within half an hour, ma’am had distributed all the papers. Priya got 73%, and she was happy with it. Vineeth got 70%, Harish got 78%, and Raksha had 77%. Varsha had scored a good 85%. Ma’am announced at the end of class, “Very good work class. I am happy with your performance. Some of you have got really good scores. Preeti gets the highest marks with 87%. Varsha follows close behind with 85%. Swaroop comes next with 82%.

Some of you have not done so well. That is all right, we can work on it. For those who have scored less than 40%, let us have a talk after class today, we can discuss how to improve on your grades. Ok class, see you tomorrow.” And she left.

In the English class, they got their papers too. Varsha got 80%, and came in third in class. Priya said, “Varsha, you didn’t tell us that you are a brainy! Congrats ya, you have topped two papers.” Varsha tried hard not to blush, but could not help smiling and going red in her face. “Well, I have not topped either of them,” she said. They took off for the language class. Harish and Varsha went to Kannada class. “I am sure you will get the highest marks in Kannada. First rank!” Harish said with a grin. Varsha did not know what to say. Luckily sir came in. As expected, he had a bundle of answer papers in his arms. Without much ado, he started distributing them. Varsha took her paper and came and sat down. She saw her marks; it was 80%. Harish got 72%. Sunil sir looked at the class after the distribution, and said, “Class, you have not done very well, I am not happy with your performance. If the highest marks from a class is 80%, and only one person got it, that means you can do much better. Please study hard for your next exam and get a decent score.” He picked up his books to leave class, and paused, “Who has got 80% here?” Varsha raised a slightly trembling hand. “Good, you can do better next time.” Sir said brusquely and walked out.

3 people like this.

2. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

WOW!!!!!! Great going....
    Waiting for the next post soon....

Shanti

1 person likes this.
  3. AmmyS

AmmyS Senior IL'ite

Amazing, crazy wrtier!!! The way you described the paper distribution in class and the excitement of the students is exactly the same as it happens........Just took me back to my college days :) Thanks....Waiting for the next episode eagerly........

Regards,
    Ammy

1 person likes this.
  4. insha

insha Gold IL'ite

Hey crazywriter,you are just taking me back to my college days..Wonderful days they were!!!

1 person likes this.
  5. crazywriter

Thanks, glad you like it :)

6. crazywriter

Thank you Ammy, I am happy that a lot of ILites are reminded of their college days when they read this serial. Please continue to read and support A College Love Story. :)

7. crazywriter

Thank you Insha, I am happy that you are enjoying :) Yes indeed, college days were the best!

8. anugamit

anugamit Platinum IL'ite

Happy to read this episode......Crazywriter.

1 person likes this.
  9. Vasupradha

Vasupradha Gold IL'ite

Hi Friend,

Nice to read.....so varsha , brilliant student.....going to make topper in Madhavan Sir class ?? My guess is right na... and have a doubt varsha s character is the same as yours...Both are one and the same brilliant gals.. Oh I can imagine your face turning red, ( Blush )..as I found the truth..he he..( Just kidded ma )So sweet to read, her eagerness to go for college...

Vasu...

2 people like this.
  10. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Why should Varsha think that she should hide Madhav sir episode from her friends?? Will she fall in love with Madhav sir?? So many questions in my mind :crazy:confused2: after reading today's episode. Anyhow, waiting for the future episodes to find an answer to it.

Crazywriter, your narration was superb that it brought before me the paper distribution scene in college and made me nostalgic for those days...
    Good going...:2thumbsup:

1 person likes this.