1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A College Love Story - Part 4

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by crazywriter, Jul 28, 2012.

1. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/174641-college-love-story-part-3-a.html

After the weekend break, the class came back to college on Monday, fresh and ready to catch up with friends. Like lazy children, everyone had Monday morning blues as well, but that is something unavoidable! Smitha ma’am came to class in the first hour, and continued the lesson on Ancient Egypt. Many people feel that History is a boring subject, but for those who are deeply interested in it, History can never be boring. And if you have a teacher like Smitha ma’am, who takes your hand and walks you to a different age, it is like taking a time machine. You will never be bored; you can never get tired of listening to the stories she narrates.

Time passed too soon, and Harish and Varsha were walking to Kannada class. Harish started talking almost immediately. “We did not get any time to talk! How was your weekend?” Varsha said, “Oh, it was ok, I didn’t do much. Just lazed around, and read a little. What about you?” “Priya and I spent some time at a café,” he replied. “You know, she was the one who asked me out. We were in school together, and are family friends. I guess she fell in love with me because she did not have any other choice,” he added, “Our parents will be very happy about it, I am sure,” he said with a laugh. “Don’t they know? And I am sure she likes you for who you are, and not because she didn’t know anyone else,” Varsha said. Harish did not reply to that, he only shrugged his shoulders. Sunil sir walked in, and began the class. Everyone got busy with Kannada. “You have a nice handwriting,” Harish said, “When I write in Kannada, it looks like a hen picked up a pen, and scratched over the paper.” Varsha giggled, “Your handwriting is fine, Harish.”

Harish’s words stayed in Varsha’s mind. When they all were going for lunch after the language class, she could not help noticing Harish and Priya. Was he unhappy with Priya? Didn’t he like her the same way she liked him? And he had told her that Priya had proposed to him. Were they were serious about each other? Rather was he serious about this relationship? They are family friends. Both their parents were sure to agree. If he is not going to take this seriously then it will be an uncomfortable situation in their houses. Then there was another doubt in her mind, was Priya serious about this? A very confused Varsha entered Economics class after lunch. The others had chatted away at lunch, and she had only nodded, or said ‘hmmm’ for everything.

Harish noticed that and asked her, “You have been very quiet at lunch. Everything ok?” she looked at him, and smiled, “Oh yes, no problem.” He smiled back. “Get ready to introduce me in sometime!” Madhav sir walked in, and smiled at the class. “Hello class, ready for today?” the class nodded, some of them were excited, some were nervous. “Ok, I will take the lecture for only half an hour, the next half hour, I will give you all. You can introduce your friends to me!”

Varsha was a little nervous. She and Harish had exchanged notes, but she did not know what he would say about her. Too soon, sir finished the lecture. He said, “That is it, class, we can continue the theories of economics tomorrow. Now, let us start from the first bench. Both of you come up to the front of the class, and tell us about your friend.” He then gestured to the two students sitting in the front bench, and asked them to come and stand before the class. As each pair of students spoke about each other, Varsha’s anticipation grew. On one hand, she was nervous, on the other, she was a little curious to know what Harish would say about her.

It was Priya’s and Raksha’s turn now. They had an edge over the others, as they knew each other for two years. Varsha’s and Harish’s turn came. Harish looked at her, and with his trademark smile, said, “Ladies first?” Varsha nodded, and stepped forward. She unfolded the piece of paper in which she had jotted down the points, looked up at her classmates and began. “Harish is an ex-student of HRS High School. He got 89% in his school exam. He spends most of his time in sports. He plays cricket, badminton, and tennis. He has represented his school in inter-school sporting events. He has also gone to the state level sporting events.

Harish collects stamps in his spare time. Although, these days it is difficult to find letters or stamps, he has an impressive collection from his childhood. Of the lot, his prized possession is a stamp album, which holds stamps exclusively from Sri Lanka.” As she continued to speak, Varsha’s confidence grew, and she was able to talk easily. “He listens to all kinds of music, but likes ghazals, as they are slow and melodious. He prefers to eat south Indian food, and likes to have dosas with strawberry jam.” She went on for a few more minutes, and then concluded with the words, “this is only the beginning, I am sure I will get to know not just Harish, but all my other classmates. I hope to be good friends with all of you.” The class applauded her, and she stepped aside to let Harish speak.

Harish took up his position and faced the class. “Hi all, hope you are enjoying Madhav sir’s class!” and he looked at sir with a naughty grin. “We all have hijacked your lecture, sir.” Madhav sir smiled at Harish and said, “I want more of you to take over my class. That way, I will not have to give the same lecture every day! Go on, Harish.” He turned back to face the class. “On the first day of college, a group of us spotted Varsha near the notice board. She was brave enough to take the first step towards us, and we are lucky she did, because she is now an inseparable part of our gang.

When we started talking, Varsha and I realised that we have a lot in common. We both love collecting stamps; even she has a Sri Lankan stamp collection. She too likes dosas and jam. She also likes Chinese food. She reads a lot of Kannada books, and is a wiz on literature. She is a sweet girl, and although I don’t know her so well, I can make out that she is a kind-hearted person. She has mingled so well with the class in a short span of a few days. I am sure that by the end of a month, she will be friends with everyone.

She is a generous and helpful person, and is ready to help anyone who comes to her with a problem. Oh, and she is good in studies.” Harish paused for a moment, and continued, “Did I miss anything? I don’t think so. So I would like to say that I have found a very good friend in Varsha, and would like to get to know her better. Thank you all.”

6 people like this.

2. Cindrella2012

Cindrella2012 Silver IL'ite

Yayyyyy!!!! Am d first one to comment :D

1 person likes this.
  3. Cindrella2012

Cindrella2012 Silver IL'ite

Awesome Story crazywriter:thumbsup You rock again!!!! Loved the narration and everything!!!! Please please please post the next part soon....!:bowdown

1 person likes this.
  4. suganyarangasam

suganyarangasam Gold IL'ite

hi crazywriter...

their intro was super...
    will harish fall in love with varsha???

1 person likes this.
  5. crazywriter

Thanks Cindrella to post the first comment :) Glad you like it. please keep reading and commenting! Yes, Part 5 on its way, I will post it soon. :) the wait begins :cheers

1 person likes this.
  6. crazywriter

Thank you Suganya :) let us wait and watch what happens next in their life :thumbsup

7. crazywriter

And thanks for the like, Suganya :)

8. crazywriter

Would love to see more comments, ILites :) please read and leave your comments :hiya

9. Vasuma09

Vasuma09 IL Hall of Fame

wow superb writing..looking forward for next episode

1 person likes this.
  10. crazywriter

Thank you, please keep reading :)