1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A woman!!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by brb_va, Jul 11, 2012.

1. brb_va

brb_va Gold IL'ite

This is a narration of an interesting SHE who actually represents most of us!! I hope you guys like it!

Here goes the story:-

Meena was playing merrily with all her folks in the playground. Her younger sister Veena was also playing along with her. Her mother yelled at them, calling them to finish their homework and to have snack. It was almost getting dark, and their mom was worried. They were least interested to hear their mom's words, they were busy playing. Their mother yelled at them again, and with a long face, they dragged home. Half-heartedly Meena washed her legs and hands, and had her snack. Her mom had made her favorite, but she was in no mood to realise or relish her snack. Veena was dead tired, and she wanted to doze off as soon as she was back home.

By the time Meena finished off her homework, she was feeling too lazy and she too dozed off to sleep. The next day their mom woke them up saying that they were late for their buses already and that they had to prepare themselves and rush to school. The hectic day in school went, with lot of classworks and assignments.

Meena had more homework to do today than what she did yesterday! How she hated being in the class!! She was imagining of her every year summer vacation, wherein all her cousins would come and play with her, and how that they would not enter home till almost it was late evening. It was indeed fun to be with all the 4 of her cousins, all may be a year or two younger than her, playing all the time and fighting for petty things, finally ending up in a agreement, all made her feel that she missed them badly. All six of them during summer vacation drilled the house upside down!

Her thoughts were rattled by a scooter noise, and she knew it was her dad. She rushed to put her things in place, and neatly did her uniforms in the hangers. Her dad would throw every single thing out of the balcony if nothing was in place. And the moment she heard him calling, she rushed down immediately to pick his bags up.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
    1 person likes this.

2. brb_va

brb_va Gold IL'ite

She picked up the bags, rushed up and kept them in place. She went to her room to check for her books for the next day's timetable. The book rack had a big old greeting card. She took a letter from the card, it was from the youngest cousin of all, and she had ensured that she would be coming sure for this summer vacation to Chennai. The very handwriting of her cousin made her feel the emotions she had for Meena. Meena and her last cousin Bindu were too close to each other, and share lot of thoughts always. Meena wanted to pick up her stack of letters that her cousin had sent her, but was too scared that her dad would say something. She went silently to the terrace to prepare for her class tests the next day.

2 people like this.
  3. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Hi brb_va,

Meena's longing for the Summer vacation took me to my own childhood days where we go to our grand parents village and enjoy with cousins... Good one...

1 person likes this.
  4. Vasupradha

Vasupradha Gold IL'ite

Hi Friend,

Nice narration...felt like reading my past ...My Childhood days...Oh you are going to continue with more post eh??? or just a narration of one day life..But nice and true...But many nowadays, have no time for get-together...as both H n W are working...and support from previous generation also minimum...so nowadays, kids are longing more for love and affection than us...Happy my 1 year kid, enjoys his grand parents affection and support alot...as I miss the love of grandparents , I feel very happy for him...

Vasu...

1 person likes this.
  5. brb_va

brb_va Gold IL'ite

Hi Sharmila,

Thanks for your very first feedback. :)

1 person likes this.
  6. brb_va

brb_va Gold IL'ite

Dear Vasupradha,

Thanks for the comment. Honestly, since this is my very first narration, i wanted to know the feedback whether i need to continue writing or skip here! :)) Actually yes, we/ our children were atleast fortunate to an extent, to have support from grandparents!! What if they were not there, it would have been just monotonous with school / day care life!!

Thanks so much for the appreciation!! Take care!

1 person likes this.
  7. brb_va

brb_va Gold IL'ite

"Its just another 3 months, by the time the final exams get over, the vacation would start" thought meena. The very thought of her made her write a long letter to Bindu. The letter carried "Miss You" messages and lot of hearts too!! She referred her so called diary, and found a message written by Bindu, saying that she loves Meena the most among all the other cousins!! The same made her emotions more stronger for Bindu. Bindu's elder brother Bala was also attached to Meena so much like his sister.

There were these 2 other cousins Manu and Varun who is in Chennai, who is also expected this Summer to be together. All of them had shared a very rare frequency, and this is also because of their parents' bonding. What a joy Meena had getting reminded of their summer vacations - sharing those "Sweet Nothings", playing endlessly, eating together and sleeping together in a very small room!
    The brine mango pickle jars were almost empty during summers! Mom's starched sarees became their tents in the terrace to play. Almost everything that they could imagine, right from raw rice, fried gram, sugar and water became their so called "prepared food" during their play. They pulled each other's legs, splashed water from the balcony on other cousins, nicknamed every person they could find on the road crossing their house!! It was just above fun, above happiness anyone could call it!!

2 people like this.
  8. Vasupradha

Vasupradha Gold IL'ite

Nice...Continue writing...You can make separate thread for comments...if you plan to continue...with lot more...so that all can read , without skipping any happy moments...My suggestion only...Decision is yours ma...But I wish you to continue...

Vasu...

1 person likes this.
  9. brb_va

brb_va Gold IL'ite

2 months passed and Meena was desperately preparing for her final exams, with the eagerness of her summers start. There was so called butterflies in her stomach, but there was excitement too!! Everyday of waiting for the summer was like a year, Meena could not resist but. Meena liked her sibling the same way like her cousins too, but the expression was more to her cousins since they were far off.

Finally the exams got over, and the day after the exams the cousins are expected to come home. Meena and Veena were not in their control, their mom preparing sweets and savouries for everyone coming home. Meena's grandmother was also there to help her mom for her preparation, since her mom was working. Her Dad used to return home very late and he used to start to work very early. Till such time their Dad is not around, it is for the girls to make merry. The girls could not wait for the day to come.

10. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

brb, I liked your story, please continue :)