1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A College Love Story - Part 1

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by crazywriter, Jul 11, 2012.

1. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

Dear ILites,

inspired by Varalotti uncle, and the other writers here who have written serials, I have decided to introduce a serial. Today is the first part. I will post the serial on a weekly basis. Hoping for all your support and encouragement. And I hope you all look forward to every Wednesday, and for the next part of 'A College Love Story'.

2 people like this.

2. crazywriter

It was the first day of college. Varsha trembled in fear and excitement. This was the first time out of school, and she was worried how it would be in college. She had heard of ragging, and mean seniors. Some of the ragging stories were very bad. She hoped she would not be ragged, as she did not want to have any bad memories of her first day in college.

It was a huge campus, and Varsha slowly made her way to the notice board to get her timetable and find her classrooms. There was a crowd there, with everyone jostling for space, and trying to read the notice board. “History, English, Hindi, Economics and Sociology today. Not bad for a first day, eh?” she heard a girl say. Those were Varsha’s subjects, so she turned to the girl. “Excuse me, are you also in first year?” The girl turned to face her. Varsha noticed that she was standing with her friends, two boys and a girl. “Hi, yes, we are in first year Arts. My name is Priya. This is Raksha, and they are Harish and Vineet,” she said, introducing her friends. “I am Varsha.” Priya smiled a welcome, and then looked at her watch. “It is almost nine. Come, let us go to class.” Vineet said, “We have assembly in the quadrangle, the principal will address the students. We should head there,” he said. “Oh yes, I forgot! Let us go, come on Varsha.” said Priya, and the five of them went to attend the assembly.

Most of the students were talking amongst each other and hardly paying attention to the principal. Raksha turned to Varsha, and asked her, “Are you from this city?” “Yes, I am a local. I did my schooling here as well.” Varsha replied with a smile. “Oh that’s nice.” Raksha smiled back at her. “We all are from the same school. Luckily, we got admission in the same college as well! We are a close set, together from the past three years.” She said. “Wow! That is really great.” Varsha said. Harish said, “We also wanted to do the same subjects. Some of our other friends wanted different subjects, so they shifted to other colleges.” As soon as assembly got over, they all went to their classes. The five of them chose seats in the second and third row. “This way, we are neither in the front bench, nor the back,” Vineet grinned.

The first day was spent in introductions. The teachers introduced themselves, and asked the students to give a word about their hobbies and talents along with their names. The Economics teacher was the most fun, as he made each person tell why they chose their hobby. “Next Monday we will repeat the introduction exercise. By then, all of you get to know each other well. We are going to introduce each other to the class. You will have to tell me what you noticed about your neighbour.” The class groaned. “Sir! We hardly know each other.” Someone said. “Then get to know them. I am giving you a week’s time,” he smiled at them.

Next week: Who will introduce Varsha? And who will she introduce? Keep reading!

17 people like this.
  3. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Good start Crazywriter! I'm liking it already :-D Reminds me of my college days as well. Some of my college-mates have known each other since their school days and they used to communicate only with each other initially. I used to feel sidelined as I never had any friends from my own schools studying in the college. But it all changed after a few months and today all of us remain as close as ever :-D

4. crazywriter

I sinderely hope ILites will read this. I really need encouragement.

5. crazywriter

Thank you for being the first person to give feedback, Sofea :) and thank you for the like. I hope you will enjoy this serial.

1 person likes this.
  6. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Nice start crazywriter!
    I am waiting for next episode :)

7. AArchana

AArchana Gold IL'ite

Nice Start Crazywriter!!! The title of your thread dragged me to read the story!! One small suggestion, It would be great if you provide your story with lengthier parts. Wishes for your write ups.

8. Priyapradeep

Priyapradeep Gold IL'ite

A good start, crazy writer. Very nice to read the college story. Eagerly wating for next wednesday........

9. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Hi Crazywriter,

Nice start...

Waiting for the next parts...

Why are you posting every week?? You can post everyday, right???

10. Vasupradha

Vasupradha Gold IL'ite

Friend Crazy..I am crazy in reading college stories...Devi in tamizh...writing as Mazhaikaalam...and now yours...too...double bonanza....for me...Expecting soon...But only weekly once..sad...Then it should be for a full page in IL...Cheerful day for you....

Vasu...

1 person likes this.