1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love Life Part 18 - The End!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by rheaa, May 20, 2012.

1. rheaa

rheaa Silver IL'ite

I got the job! I got the job! I got it! I am so happy.

I packed my stuff to move to Brisbane. I will be living on my own once again but without anybody I know. Tomorrow, I will be leaving Perth & moving further away from Nik.

…........

Brisbane,

This is a beautiful city. I like it. My new apartment is about 30 minutes away from my office. I like the office atmosphere too. Life is going in the positive direction. But, I have to start from scratch to have a social circle. I am trying but being really careful. I don't want to run into anyone who is even remotely associated with Nik. But they say the world is a small place, I hope not!

No matter how nice everything & everyone is, I can't stop thinking of Nik & my stupidity to have chosen him. The days of the abuse I had to undergo keep popping up in my head. I hate him, I hate his friends, I hate men. I am never going to fall in love or marry. Never!

….........

Today I spoke with Veena. She tells me that Nik is bad-mouthing me. He even told his family about me – that he loved me sincerely but I ditched him! I have no words to express my emotions when I hear this type of news. Really? Didn't he trouble me with his so-called love, rules & all? Didn't I tell him that I am not going to see him anymore? Not once but repeatedly. Now I get the 'bad girl' tag while he gets sympathy! Not that I need any sympathy, but I don't need the 'bag girl tag' either!

Anyway, Veena is moving to Canada soon. She is getting married in India this summer & then she will go live with her husband in Edmonton, Canada. Wow! Happy for her!

…..........

I am doing well at my job. My boss suggested I go to Sydney for the next meeting with some of my colleagues. I am excited! This is my first business trip.

….................................................

An year later,

Time flies! It has been over an year since I opened this diary. I read it from the beginning, it brought me tears. How naïve I was to listen to Nik! I can't say I forgot about him & the relationship entirely but I convinced my heart that it was over & I have to move on. So I did. He stopped contacting me, so I guess he moved on too!

During this last year, I changed jobs. I got a better offer at a company in Sydney. I moved here. I made some friends & basically minding my own business! Veena got married & left Australia. I couldn't attend her wedding in India.

I have to confess one thing, after walking out of Nik's relationship; I became stronger, more confident & mature. Maybe it was meant to happen this way.....

Raakesh closed the book. The diary ended with the last entry dated two years ago. He understood that what Radhi went through left a deep impression on her & so she is now terrified of hearing Nik's name through Alok.

He went to find Radhi in the balcony.

''I am sorry about your previous relationship'' he said.

As if there was never-ending flow of water, Radhi's eyes filled with tears again.

''What is there to be sorry about, it is all my bad luck...'' started Radhi but was cut off by Raakesh.

''Why do think it is your bad luck? Aren't these last lines in your diary written by you?

Two years ago you understood that relationship made you walk out & emerge as a strong, confident & mature woman. Now, once you hear about Nik through Alok, where has your strength, your confidence, your maturity gone?'' reasoned Raakesh.

''I am scared Raakesh. I am scared to face Nik. I am scared to face people if my image is tarnished as Alok offered to Nik. I can't start from scratch again. I built everything I have now with great difficulty, I can't let it crumble.''

Raakesh gave a disapproving nod & continued, ''Your thoughts are wrong Radhi. If your own friends are going to act differently towards you because of Alok's or anyone's gossip, then those friends are not worth it. They cannot be good friends if they do not understand you or know you. And if they want to be associated with you only when you have a good image, don't you think they do not deserve you?''

Raakesh's & Radhi's reasoning & discussion continued for the rest of the day. In the end, he convinced her to face the world boldly.

…..........................................

One year later,

Radhi focused less on the gossips about her that were making rounds & gave her 100% to her job. The more you are concerned about what others think, the more you are prone to being sad, hurt & frustrated. Soon enough, her work spoke for her & she got a promotion which required her to move to another branch of her company.

Sometime in between Raakesh realised he is in love with her & is ready to get married. He expressed his wish to her. Radhi's stand on men & marriage hasn't really changed. She replied Raakesh that she isn't ready. But, they still remain close friends. Back in India, both their families are hoping to see their kids happily married. They too know about Raakesh's love.

….............​

P.S. A little secret:
    Radhi likes Raakesh more than a friend. She thought many times about love & marriage with him but her heart & mind always end up disagreeing with each other all thanks to Nik's relationship disaster .

Maybe she needs more time to heal completely before plunging into the new love life with Raakesh! Wish her luck!

xxxxxxThe Endxxxxxxx

6 people like this.

2. swiss

swiss Gold IL'ite

Wow Nice.. But wish it didn't end.. :)

3. rheaa

rheaa Silver IL'ite

Thanks swiss! That was really sweet of you :)

4. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Ending... something different Rhea.... Nice story
    Wish Radhi al the best....

Shanti

5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

That was a beautiful story Rheaa......

These things are happening a lot now a days. This same thing has happened with my niece who at present is going through all this rubbish. She broke up with the guy just last week and we are just hoping nothing will come up and she will lead a peaceful life and she will find someone loving and caring. She has full support of her family and I am sure she will be fine soon.
    Yes these things take time to heal. But with lots of love and affection from the family everything will be fine.

Wish Radhi had become a strong person and accepted Raakesh's proposal. Even afterknowing everything he has accepted her and i am sure he would have taken good care of her.

6. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Rhea.. Nice story... Appreciate Radhi`s boldness after a long terrified past... Good luck to you...

7. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

rhea,very nice story..great narration..keep posting more

8. AArchana

AArchana Gold IL'ite

Hey Rhea.. What is this??? The End!!! I didn't expect...
    Really super story Rhea.. Congrats for your work.. Keep writing more!!!

9. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

That's a nice one rhea.. :) Too good. Your narration is good..

10. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Great story Rheaa! :thumbsup

This is a thought-provoking story which is very relevant to today's lifestyle. Though I got irritated with Radhi in the beginning for going along with Nik's tantrums and strange behaviour, you made me realize that there are many women (and even men) out there who face this same situation and eventually become slaves to their spouses.

I really hope Radhi's story would become an example to all people out there about the true meaning of love and relationship.

Great job once again Rheaa :-D Waiting to read more such gems from you!