1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dreams

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by rheaa, May 18, 2012.

1. rheaa

rheaa Silver IL'ite

Do you dream?

Ofcourse! Everyone dreams. This is a really stupid question!

As for me, there isn't a single day when I didn't dream. There were times when I would make up things for my day dreams & even during the sleepless nights. I love to dream, to make up people & situations as I please! It is my fairy tale world full of possibilities, full of happiness where I am the ruler, the Queen, the Princess!

I believe everyone goes through the making-up dreams phase, you know to get away from the stark realities of life.

Ofcourse, there are different kinds of dreams. Like dreaming of achieving an ambition in life; dreaming of things you hope to change; dreaming of things that cannot be changed but hope that a miracle happens; and dreams that come naturally during sleep.

The fictional dreams I make up in my dream world are always the best, they are always filled with the right proportions of my select ingredients - success, happiness & love. Sometimes, I do imagine bad things but I immediately edit them with good & positive things! The natural dreams that I get naturally are not always so pleasant - some of them wake me up with a cold sweat; teary-eyed & shivering. They are so scary, so emotional, so hurtful & seem so real! I can't decide what dreams come naturally, so after the nightmare, I get into the making up dreams mode to cheer myself up.

I have dreams about my future, about my life & career. I dream that I am a teacher or a writer or a designer or a philanthropist or a beautician, what not! Can I make them real? I don't know! I seriously don't!

Like many people, I had the regular education & degree. The degree got me a decent job that pays a monthly salary. Is this my dream, my goal in life? Not really!

I want to do something that I will enjoy doing. Problem here is guilt feeling of wasting all the education; family & society concerns; and doubts about financial security! Other problem is I don't really know what I'll enjoy full-time : is it being at a school teaching kids? is it designing clothes/jewellery & selling them? is it writing for magazines/newspaper columns or my own book & waiting for it to succeed?...!

More than anything else, this state of 'not knowing my real passion' is a major hurdle in changing to an enjoyable profession! Until I understand my passion, I can do nothing else except my current job!

My hands are tied, my plans are pending - not because of someone else but just because of me & my inability to decide on that 'big dream' of mine!!

P.S. This is an imaginary piece, a self analysis by an imaginary person during the 'hate-my-job' phase (retrieved from my collection of gibberish scribblings) :hide:

2 people like this.

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Really Liked this sentence Rheaa...

3. rheaa

rheaa Silver IL'ite

Thank you Pallavi for your first & super quick fb :)

Coming to this line, it is so true because most of the time we end up blaming our dissatisfaction on others rather than thinking what we lack!

4. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Me sailing in the same boat... :bonk:):) the word are exactly the same I feel... Nice one.:).

5. rheaa

rheaa Silver IL'ite

Thanks deepu for the fb, glad to know that my piece of writing matched your thoughts! But don't worry, I am sure you'll find out your real passion soon! Good luck :)