1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love life Part 7

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by rheaa, Mar 12, 2012.

1. rheaa

rheaa Silver IL'ite

I declared to my friends that they can live happily without me soon. One of them, Veena (to whom I was a little closer to) advised me to think again about where I was heading to. She told me not to be blind. She questioned me if this is the reason I came for – was it not to study and get a job?

I paid no heed. I coolly replied that I know how to handle my life. I lost my friends but I thought I had Nikhil who is more important.

Soon I moved out, I took a small flat. I was very happy. There was no one to stop or ask me. I was talking with Nikhil like there was no tomorrow.

Every day when I was not talking with Nikhil, I was daydreaming about him, about us. I slowly neglected my studies.

The day I was waiting for soon arrived. I couldn’t keep quiet anymore. I decided to propose him but on that same day, Nikhil proposed to me. I was on cloud nine. I obviously said yes to him.

All this time, Nikhil was in India. His studies were still incomplete. He promised me that he would come back soon.

I met him only once after our first meeting in the party.

After our love proposals to each other, we made plans to get married. I weaved many dreams with him.

He knew I was neglecting my studies to spend time with him. He never said anything.

Then it was exam time. I was getting tensed. My preparation was not going well thanks to the numerous classes I missed. I shared my tension with Nikhil. He consoled me.

A couple of days later, Nikhil told me that he is coming back to Australia. I was very happy. But, I had an exam on the day he was arriving. I told him the same. He didn’t talk to me for 2 days. I didn’t know why. I called, messaged, cried and asked sorry many times. That was our first misunderstanding – my first mistake in our relationship, according to Nikhil.

I didn’t understand what went wrong. Then, he told me that he doubts if I really love him. I was shocked. Why did he think so? He told me that even though I knew he was coming back to Australia, instead of planning to meet him at the airport, I was thinking about my exam!

I was even more shocked. I knew deep within that something was not right. This isn’t how one gives priority in life. But, Nikhil convinced me. I went to the airport to meet him instead of the exam hall. I was madly in love with him, maybe I should say –I was blind, deaf and mute in love!

----

6 months after Nikhil returned to Australia, he asked me if he can move in with me for a short while as he had accommodation problems. He promised me that he’ll be a good room-mate.

I agreed. A month later, he moved into my place.

By then, I forgave him about the exam issue and was trying to concentrate on what I lost during the previous year. I got a part-time job. All that was incomplete was my degree after which I could get a decent job.

------

1st week,

Both of us put our best face at all times. We shared cooking, cleaning, laundry and bills. He spoke about his family – parents and sister. He told me that he is very fond of his sister. I told him about my parents. We decided that once we are settled and ready for marriage, we will tell our parents.

I knew that he was very fond of non-veg. I am an exact opposite. Although my family tried to feed me meat, I never liked neither the taste nor the smell and always used to vomit. So, I don’t cook any meat either. With concern about his liking, I asked him what he would do. He very lovingly told me that it was not a big deal at all and that whenever he wants; he will eat in a restaurant or a friend’s place.

I thought that answer from him was a clear example of his good nature and understanding.

Then he told me that he likes to smoke and drink once in a while usually in the company of friends. He asked me permission saying that he wouldn’t drink too much. I wondered what to say. He persuaded me that he drank/smoke occasionally and it was not a crime. Although I wasn’t comfortable, I ended up saying okay to him because I felt he was nice enough to talk to me about it.

I went on the 1st weekend with him to the pub. His friends didn’t come. I told him that it was very uncomfortable to watch him drink and be in the company of cigarette smoke. He told me that he would go with his friends next time.

I thought about the matter and decided that it won’t become a problem. I even thought that we understood each other and respected the other person’s wishes.

How wrong I was!

Radhi stopped her story. She glanced at Raakesh and buried her face into the cushion. She was crying again.

Raakesh had been listening with rapt attention. He understood that something went wrong with her and Nikhil’s relationship. With Radhi crying, he chose not to talk about it. He let her cry.

Sometimes, it is good to cry and release all the stress than bottle it up.

Continues in Part 8

6 people like this.

2. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

Thats right Rhea. I was waiting for ur episode.. I saw that now..

I could guess what happened next.. yet i leave it your way of writing.. pls post the next episode soon!!!!!

3. mathu903

mathu903 Gold IL'ite

Very nice flow in your Narration Rhea, just loved the way you weaved the episode and showed how one by one Nikhil's traits are coming out..

4. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Gud going....

Wating for more Rheaa...

5. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

did nikhil started behaving like many other guys?!!!
    eagerly waiting to know :)

6. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Nice story Rheaa...well narrated.. Awaiting for the next...Please don't keep us waiting long....:hide:..

Shanti

7. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Great going Rheaa..................
    I guess what might have happened.... but in a way it is good that she is speaking out to someone, atleast the hatred or burden she has in her heart will be removed.

8. rheaa

rheaa Silver IL'ite

Thanks sapthu!

9. rheaa

rheaa Silver IL'ite

Thank you mathu :) It has been a pleasure to read your fb!!

10. rheaa

rheaa Silver IL'ite

Thanks Lalitha, next on Thursday!