1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love Life Part 6

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by rheaa, Mar 8, 2012.

1. rheaa

rheaa Silver IL'ite

Radhi continued crying. Raakesh did his best to console her. There were so many unanswered questions.

Once she settled a bit, he asked

‘’Who is Nikhil? What do these two have against you? Why do they want to destroy your image?

Radhi stared at him. She inadvertently gave information she has hidden from everyone including her parents.

She lowered her eyes and stayed silent. ‘’Should I tell him?’’ she wondered.

Raakesh understood that it was difficult for her to share her problems. He didn’t prod her anymore.

After a couple of hours of silence, Radhi decided she can talk to Raakesh. She knew that he was a level-headed person and would not break her trust.

‘’Raakesh, I am trusting you with my life’s dark secret. Please promise me that you will not speak about this ever to anyone else’’

‘’Ofcourse Radhi! I promise you that I will never talk about this again unless you want to’’

‘’Tell me Radhi, ease your burden’’

’’And, this time I won’t interrupt you’’ added Raakesh

Radhi started her story.

5 years ago,

I was living with 3 friends in Perth (in Australia). I still had a year to complete my studies. One weekend I attended a student party with my friends. We met few other friends at the venue. Along with them was Nikhil.

Our common friends introduced us to each other. It was our first meeting. I had a good time at the party with my friends. Nikhil and I spoke about our courses, accommodation – regular student stuff. He told me that he was going back to India in a few weeks for personal reasons but he’ll come back to finish his studies.

As we left the party, we exchanged our mobile numbers.

My coursework kept me busy and I was in my routine life. One evening, I remembered Nikhil and gave him a call. I intended to just say hi. He answered my call but he didn’t recognise me! And when he did (after I reminded him of our meeting at the party), he said he was busy and cut my call.

I felt bad – because I disturbed him…..no, that was only to say but in reality, I felt bad because he didn’t remember me! Why should I feel bad if he didn’t remember? I fought with myself over this and replayed the conversation 100 times in my mind.

I decided never to talk to him again.

Next day evening, after I came home – he called me. I was organising my grocery in the fridge when the call came. The moment I saw his name flashing on my mobile, I left everything in the kitchen and ran into my room. I was very excited and tensed. I had sweaty palms. I didn’t want any of my friends to hear my conversation.

I answered. After the initial pleasantries, we spoke about the day. He listened carefully to every word I spoke. He complimented my voice. I blushed.

My friends were waiting for me. I had to go. He promised that he will call again same time next day.

I waited and waited for the evening to end and the next day to go very fast. But, it seemed slower than ever. Next day, in the evening, I was ready. I was looking at my mobile every few seconds although I know the mobile will give its ringtone once I get the call.

Finally, it came. We chatted. I was very happily telling him what I did the whole day and listened to his. We spoke about our interests, future plans, studies, jobs, etc. Time just flew. We spoke for nearly 3 hours. It was the longest phone conversation in my life.

That day again, my friends were waiting for me. In our flat, we used to cook together in the evening. We used to get along well. Every day, after coming from university, we used to chat, cook, watch movies or play games together.

After the long phone conversation with Nikhil, I put a special ringtone for his number. My friends asked who the person I was talking to was. I blushed; I told them it was a friend. They teased me. Surprisingly, I enjoyed it although I acted like I didn’t.

The calls from Nikhil continued every day. Soon, the calls frequency increased and the hours we spoke also increased. Many times, I sacrificed my dinner and/or sleep to just talk with him. Also, I was spending less and less time with my flat-mates or any other friends.

After 3 weeks, Nikhil went to India but continued to be in touch with me every day. I was always hooked to the internet or Skype either texting or talking.

My friends tried to tell me that I am getting too involved without knowing about what the guy thinks. I knew it was true but I couldn’t help myself. His conversations, his caring words, and his humour – everything simply floored me. I felt my attraction towards him was actually love!

Soon, my friends got tired of me. They ignored me. We also ended up arguing because of not sharing cooking or cleaning in the apartment leave alone, spending time together.

Due to long conversations with Nikhil, I used to tell him everything that happened in my day-to-day life. I told him about the arguments with my friends. He consoled me.

He convinced me that they were jealous of me. I believed it was true.

For the next few days, he asked me about my relation with them. It was worsening.

He suggested moving out of that flat and finding another place where I can live alone.

I thought it was wise. That was my biggest mistake.

Continues in Part 7

2 people like this.

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Oh so this is the story that was troubling radhi when they were seeking an alliance for her..mmmm...waiting to know more :)

3. rheaa

rheaa Silver IL'ite

yes swaran....thanks for the feedback :)

4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Many a time girls get attracted to such sweet talks and get fool poor Radhi looks like she has fallen into a trap....
    Let me see what is next....

5. JananiSubbu

JananiSubbu Silver IL'ite

did not expect like a flash back will come all of a sudden...
    waiting to know what will happen

6. rheaa

rheaa Silver IL'ite

i agree with you Aruna......thank you for the fb :)

7. rheaa

rheaa Silver IL'ite

thanks janani.... :)

8. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

flashback...!!! waiting to know the exact reason.. :)

9. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Rhea.. Good going... Radhi had troubles with Nikhil in the past too... Awaiting for the next episode.

10. rheaa

rheaa Silver IL'ite

thanks sabari..... :)