1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love Life - Introduction and Part 1

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by rheaa, Feb 20, 2012.

1. rheaa

rheaa Silver IL'ite

All love stories need not necessarily have a happy ending like they used to show in our old Indian movies – hero, heroine after fooling around, teasing each other, falling in love and with struggles getting married. Then it is ‘The End’, maybe they lived happily ever after – I don’t know! There are these other triangle love stories or some other geometric shapes but finally the aim used to be the lovers get married and the film ends (okay, there are movies showing after marriage as well but I don’t consider them here :hide: )

The following is an amateur attempt by me. I hope to receive suggestions, comments, compliments or any feedback from you. Thanks!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘’We don’t have any formalities. Please ask your daughter to come. Let us all sit together and talk’’, said Kiran while her husband Anand nodded.

‘’Radhika, come lets go and meet them’’ said Sudha and pushed her to walk towards the hall.

‘’Mom, I am uncomfortable in this sari, please don’t let me stay there for long’’ whispered Radhika to Sudha.

Sudha gave a slight nod and a smile. She knew how much her darling Radhika dreaded wearing a sari.

Radhika would have coolly walked wearing jeans & top without inhibitions. But, being a ‘bride-seeing ceremony’ it is a must for the girl to present herself in a sari. No matter how well-educated and broad-minded either (boy’s side or girl’s side) parents’ are, sari is the dress-code for events like this, thought Sudha.

As they entered the hall, she made Radhi sit in the sofa next to the ‘possible’ groom – Raakesh.

‘’Namaste! Namaste!’’ Radhika politely said to the two unknown older people who should obviously be the guy’s parents.

‘’Namaste beti, this is our son – Raakesh and this is our younger daughter – Rachna’’ introduced Kiran.

‘’Hello! Hello!’’ again Radhi politely said.

‘’Where are you working now, Raakesh?’’ asked Kumar, Radhi’s father.

‘’I am working as a Senior Manager in…………………………………………’’ answered Raakesh detailing his job and studies but Radhi didn’t hear any. She hated this, she was hoping to be allowed to go back to her room.

‘’What about you Radhika?’’ inquired Anand, Raakesh’s father.

‘’I studied Engineering here and then I did Masters in Australia, I am currently working there as a Software Engineer. I am here on vacation for a couple of months’’ briefed Radhi

‘’That is very nice, even Raakesh is on vacation. Maybe, you two should talk to each other……What do you think Mr Kumar?’’ suggested Anand.

‘’Ofcourse, why not! Radhi, take Raakesh to our garden and have a chat’’ ordered Kumar.

Radhi gave a nod and a glance to Sudha which meant I am stuck here. But Sudha couldn’t help much.

So while the parents and Rachna sat in the hall, chatting; Radhi and Raakesh walked to the garden. There was an uncomfortable silence.

Raakesh tried to break the ice by complimenting her sari. They spoke for a few minutes about the garden, flowers, weather, and hobbies.

15minutes later, they were back in the hall.

Radhi enjoyed Raakesh’s wit. ‘’But marriage, no I cannot do that’’ thought Radhi.

When asked if they liked each other, Raakesh was quick to answer that they enjoyed the company but for getting married, they need to know more….talk for some more time, understand each other.

Everyone agreed and asked Radhi, she too said okay. But her mind was spinning. ‘'How can I get married? Why should I? I have had enough; I don’t want to go through turmoil again.'’

Continues in Part 2....

4 people like this.

2. esbanu

esbanu Gold IL'ite

nice start up and interesring too.. post next part soon..

1 person likes this.
  3. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

beautiful write up.. waiting for the next one..

1 person likes this.
  4. smileAlways

smileAlways Gold IL'ite

Nice Rhea....waiting for part2

1 person likes this.
  5. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Nice start up....waiting for the next post......

Shanti

1 person likes this.
  6. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Hi, rheaa,
    It is very interesting to read this love story!
    By the way "where is he( Raakesh) working?".
    Waiting for the next part!.

1 person likes this.
  7. Madhumidha

Madhumidha Gold IL'ite

Nice one!!! Waiting for your next part!!!

1 person likes this.
  8. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Nice start.. :) :)
    Waiting eagerly for the next parts.. :)

1 person likes this.
  9. rheaa

rheaa Silver IL'ite

wow! i am so happy to receive feedback :) :)
    i thought i'll wait for today morning and if no one replies, delete my post.....now, i have the encouragement to continue! :)

Thank you!!!

10. rheaa

rheaa Silver IL'ite

Thanks bhanu for reading :)