1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Buried Memories - Episode 19

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by sapthu02, Dec 13, 2011.

1. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

Episode 19

Tara woke up when the sun rays fell on her face. She looked around the room. There was no one in the room. The clocked showed the time as 7.30. she tried recollecting when did she come and sleep in the room. She faintly realized that she had come to take a shower and had slept like that. She had been sleeping for more than 12 hrs now. Hmm.. she was thinking how she was not waken by any of them. Then she remembered that she could her MIL asking her, “thungitiyaa Kanna?” (have you already slept dear). And also she was remembered she was woken up by Neeraj asking her to come for dinner.

She had no clue where all were. It was such a big house and she was not sure where to start looking for them. She walked down the stairs. She could only recollect the hall. She was with her MIL yesterday as soon as she came in. She slowly walked inside from the hall and could see a dining hall and guessed that the kitchen should be some where there. She called out “aathai”..(aunty) and there was no response. She called the second time and she could hear her maid calling out, “idho vandein amma..”(here I come amma). And the maid appeared with a spoon from the kitchen.

To her surprise the maid looked at her in a strange way. She then asked her if she wanted to have coffee or tea. Tara asked for a cup of coffee. And then asked where all have gone. She said that the kids have gone with Neeraj and her FIL to the well to take bath. (That’s the most common place where people take bath in the villages). And her MIL has gone to the temple. She said that her MIL will not even touch a drop of water without going to temple everyday. And only after she comes her FIL will also drink coffee.

The maid said that they all were waiting for her to come and have food last night and she had already slept. As they were talking her MIL walked in. she was happy to see her DIL awake. As soon as Tara saw her MIL she fell on her legs to get her blessings. She then said that she had asked for coffee. MIL said that was waiting for her last night and she had slept well. Soon Tara’s FIL, kids and Neeraj had come. They came and hugged her. She was happy to see all of them back. Seetha asked Neeraj to take Tara and show her around the house and their fields after the breakfast. Neeraj handed over the coffee to Seetha asking her to drink it first ..”amma neenga than last night kuda sapidallayae..atleast coffee kudingaa..” Tara looked at Seetha and wondered why she didn’t have dinner.. and Arya replied.. “Paati didn’t eat as you didn’t eat. She waited for you to come and she slept off on the dining table itself. You are bad ma… see paati also stayed hungry because of you.”

Tears flowed out of Tara’s eyes and she hugged Seetha and said that no one had showered her so much of love on her all her life. And she said sorry and apologized for not coming for dinner. She said she was not feeling well. she had periods and she wanted to rest very badly. Tara was then asked to take a shower and they all joined for breakfast. It was already 8.30 am and hot idli’s , poori and pongal was waiting on the table. As Seetha and Tara ate Reetha and the maid Shantha served them all. Soon Neeraj and the kids got ready to leave to the fields. Tara and her FIL also joined. Reetha said that they are arranging and preparing for lunch.

They went to all the fields. Tara was shown their family temple. She had been there too. She went to see their other property and other cultivation places. She was then offered palm, tender coconut. More than her the kids and Neeraj were enjoying the trip. She knew pretty well Neeraj was also coming here after 7 years. He said that he had come last with his wife. She could never take this climate and the water. She always used to fall sick and since then he avoided to bring her to the village and he also stopped coming here. Now that the full family get to gether he was glad he was here. He climbed on the trees. He said he loved to walk in the fields.

Tara looked at Neeraj in a different way. She had never seen him that way before. He was always a busy man with a hi- fi office and sophisticated cars and luxurious comforts and now in the fields……. He was a total different man. And the kids were nevertheless the same. They were jumping around and playing in the fields and also were so happy with their grandpa.

Life will never treat anyone in the same way they want to be. It always comes up with twists and turns. Tara loved these.

Seetha was more than a mother to her than a mother in law. They had tried doing shopping together in Trichy and purchased so many things for home and people.

The day was to come soon when they function and the family get together is to happen. All were excited about the same. But Tara was excited too but her excitment was for other means. And 7 years later to meet her X boy friend and her son's father will be something diffferent. She was even sure that Tarun would never even know that he had a kid as well. God knows whats was the next plot layed by destiny.

Seetha and Tara were sitting together during the tea time. They went for a small walk and then sat together and asked their maid to prepare some coffee for them. They were given some Sweets and mixtures along with coffee. While Seetha took a sip of her coffee she asked Tara," How did Aarya's father die?" .. That was just a shock for Tara. She didnt answer. She was just dumbfolded and was struck. Seetha put the same question forward.

Not knowing what to answer and confused to even think when did Aarya's faf die.. Tara looked at Seetha, who by now came up with her topic....

"Don't mistake me ma. It was not an intension to hurt you. Just wanted to know how he died. Neeraj said you were feeling guilty to come and meet us as a famikly just becoz you had remarried our son. "

Tara understood now.. It was Neeraj who tried to save Tara from difficult situations and he never told anything to her as well about what was communicated with his parents. She gained some courage to say out.. and before she opened her mouth.. Seetha pitched in again.."Tell me from where you met him and all the story.. just wanted to hear..".

She slowly started, just making up her mind to make up her own story..hoping that she wouldnt forget these in any point of her life. " His name is Vinay. It was a love marriage. Met him at work. And we worked together. We married without his parents consent. And had to live seperately. We lived together for 2 years and he died of accident when I was 3 montsh pregnant. And thats when I moved to US. The rest you would have know.. rite? Neeraj and I needed a company not for each other but for the kids.. but, that turned out to be a company for each other. I knew it was a sin to forget my past life and marry Neeraj. Iam sorry, I had to admit that I was an emotional fool........" She shed out tears...

Seetha got up from her chair and hugged Tara," Its Ok kid. I just asked you all these as I knew that you havent shared all these personal stuffs to even Neeraj. But, you have kept everything to yourself and have stayed stubborn about life. And who said that it was a sin? Never think or underestimate yourself dear. Neeraj has felt your love and warmth and he always have told me that you are just providing more love than its needed on him and kids. what else a man would ask for? And he is the most happiest man ever and Iam happy to see you all as a family. Iam happy that you opened out atleast today and this would have eased your heart.

Did Neeraj ever tell you that Iam a second wife of your FIL? Neeraj is my step son? Dont be suprised kid. I was married by then. My husband was my maternal cousin. He was married and his wife had delivered Neeraj. She was healthy for a few years.. may be she was alive till Neeru was 3 years and she fell sick and she died. Those times the medical facility was not that good and they couldnt even name the disease she had. And we lost her. By then I was married and just like you I had lost my first husband due to illness only. So I was remarried again to you FIL and then I delivered Arjun. Neeraj knows who am . But more Arjun Neeraj is my best son. We had been friends ever than mother and kid. I also sail in the same boat as you Tara. And there is nothing wrong in you getting married. Just wipe these guilty feeling and just think and happy about having all of us for you......"

That was a beautiful bond. Seetha walked along with Tara inside the house as her sons and kids appeared.

Memories will continue……

3 people like this.

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

This was a lovely episode. Even though Seetha was a step mother she showered her love like a real mother and Tara's case too is the same. Without making the kids realise that they are not they real mother that is a beautiful bonding.
    This shows that love is more important then relations.

3. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Aruna.. for the first FB... Yeah Love is what eveyone is craving for and to experience....... I love Seetha and Shanthi's character..

4. chenchal009

chenchal009 Senior IL'ite

Hey Sapthu, great going...

5. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

Thank you chenchal

6. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Dear Saptu,

Totally agree with Aruna Mam.... this is indeed a lovely episode and really enjoyed it...

Shanti

7. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Its a lovely episode sapthu dear. The beautiful bond between the family members has been depicted by you beautifully.

8. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

wow that was a real sweet episode....too good...
    the love shared by MIL...is really nice...lovely bonding :)

9. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

very good to read this episode..I didnt read the earlier episodes..