1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Buried Memories - Episode 17

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by sapthu02, Nov 25, 2011.

1. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

Episode - 17

Tarun was back from Hyderabad. First two days was in silence. Then he wanted to know why the room was changed and whose idea that was. Everyone pointed to their sister in laws who were behind that plan of changing his room. He never said anything. He was hesistant to start off with his marriage proposal.

He then told his mom that he wanted to have the entire family to sit together to discuss about one issue that he has. Though his mom asked him many times about what the issue was, he never wanted to reveal. Arun beckoned him to talk to him but Tarun disagreed and told that he would inform everyone in the evening.

That was Sunday. It was an usual get together as usual and all the ladies at home was busy preparing an evening snack. The usual snack was always with 1 main veg starter and 1 non veg starter. That even included a soup as well. The ladies were busy as usual in the kitchen. It was about 6.30 in the evening and that’s when Arun called Tarun to find out where he was. He immediately said that he is bringing two of his friends home and asked his brother to inform the ladies to prepare something extra for his friends too..

Shankar was already informed that Tarun wanted a get together with the family. Tarun never asks for one such meeting unless that was deadly important. Else he always approached the concern person and speaks to them in personal. Shankar was also waiting for one such meeting with his sons to open about the topic about Tarun’s marriage. As both the ideas came together he was happy to wait to meet all at home in the dining room.

The dinning table was arranged with fish fingers and Paneer tikka. Next came in the cream of chicken soup. That was Tarun’s and Shankar’s all time favourite. Just then they heard Tarun’s BMW entering into the building gate and everyone came to the dining hall. They expected two new friends from Tarun’s end. But they happened to be their known persons, Vijay and Arjun.

This was a unpredictable team. Arjun and Vijay were never together while Tarun spoke about anything. Arjun was his close friend cum business partner and Vijay was his best friend ever who is in a complete different industry. Though all sat in silence, Shanthi called the maid and asked her to take the kids to the garden and make them eat the snacks. She said that she doesn’t want the kids to be around when the elders speak. The maid obediently took the kids and all the other servants from the house and went to the garden.

Shankar started with a welcome to Vijay and Arjun, then asked “appuram, business yellam yeppadi thambi pogudhu”.. which meant how is the business. The talk started and for more than ten mins the business talk went on.

Soon Tarun interrupted and started with a small hesistation. “ I am not sure how to start. You all know what happened with me and Suja. Now that its been over for years and as all are insisting me to get married, I took the right to choose my partner this time.. .” as he continued there was a complete silence at home. He then told,” She is none other than Vijay’s sister Abirami and she is a widow.”

Shanker opened his mouth with shock and the next question, “ Yenna nee poi oru widow a ….” (what you with a widow?). and before he completed Shanthi pitched in and she said ..” who ever be it Tarun, you know your preferences and what a person is needed for this kind of a family. Iam sure we all would not have any issues..”.

Shankar didn’t look pleased. He was lost in his own thoughts. He held his glasses on his hand and excused himself from the family people and walked away. Tarun went to speak to him.

“Appa, I am sorry. But this is my life. I don’t mean to say your choice with SUja was bad. You have tried your best and that was her character and we cannot do anything. I know its hurting. But I am sure that my life would be really give if you give me an opportunity to marry the girl I wish and like, Appa”.

The silence prevailed. Tarun was not able to understand what was running in his fathers mind. He just remained silent for few more days. He didn’t even try coming in front of Tarun or talk to him. And he walked away when any one else started off this topic. Shankar was sure that he didn’t like the idea of his son marrying a widow and secondly the whole thing was about the society he was scared of. He never discussed them with any one at home .

Shanthi was adamant and she kept on talking about this topic and that’s when Shankar decided and finally agreed to meet Abirami. He called the entire family and they all met up in the dining table as usual and he said that he wanted to meet the girl and her family and that his decision will not be finalized until this is done. All were happy that atleast their dad came to this state of seeing the girl now.

Shanthi and her daughter in laws were full time busy shopping for the new bride. They didn’t want to go empty handed. And the day came when all went to see Abirami. As the older people started talking and the rest were taken around the house and the chit chat happened while they asked the girl to appear in front of everyone.

As soon as Abirami entered Shanthi’s eyes filled with tears. She ran and hugged the girl. She then got the necklace and few more jewellery items for her and made her wear it instantly. Before Shankar could object the rest of the people surrounded her and sat next to her. They started talking to Abirami. Their faces were covered with so much of happiness in which Taruns heart melted. Abirami’s dad asked Shankar if the engagement and marriage could be kept at the same time than two different functions.

Shankar got up. His sudden raise from his seat with the jerk, made others shiver. Was that he was not ready for the wedding and not interested to talk more about it…? No one had any clue. But he went directly to Abirami and he said, “ I cannot wait to take her home. What about everything pushed and finished in next 15 days?”.

Tarun’s and Shanthi’s eyes filled with water. As soon as they heard him say that Tarun and Abirami fell on his legs and took his blessings. He said that he didn’t like the proposal. But he loved her family and her silence. He said when the whole family can run behind a girl for Tarun why not accept his proposal. After all he is going to live with her and its his happiness that everyone is looking forward to.

Tarun interrupted now and said that he doesn’t want to have the wedding soon as Arjun’s parents function was in the pipeline and he wanted that to get over first. And he said that he has another business Trip to Italy and he would only return back in a months time and only after that everything should be finalized.

Abirami’s parents started off with the topic to have a small engagement before marriage. May be a simple one would do, but, before she finished her sentence, Shanthi sprang up from the Sofa and said that they can do it right away and got the ring from her bag. Shankar and Tarun looked at surprisingly and amazed at that moment was nothing was planned and how did Shanthi get the rest prepared. But she was all due for the next action. She said that she was sure that Shankar will agree and didn’t want to postpone a good thing and hence wanted to to take the girl as her daughter in law. She had purchased all the engagement items just before she had come there.

She asked Abirami’s anni to get a plate with coconut, betal leaves , fruit and some flowers and exchanged the plate as a token of an engagement and asked Tarun to even make Abirami wear the ring. And that was the first time Tarun touched Abi…..

As the smiles prevailed and there were so many photos and smiling faces, it will be the destiny for Tarun which he will encounter in the coming days.. It would be his son and Tara.

Memories will continue…………..

3 people like this.

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Great going...
    You are making it very interesting in every episode....
    Just waiting to see what is next....

3. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

The story is getting more interesting.... Anxiously waiting for the next...

Shanti

4. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

sapthu,how long you made me wait to read this episode....i am very angry with you :rant....
    i really love this story and wanted you to continue...but you wait me wait so long...please post the next episode soon :)....i am eagerly waiting to read this story

5. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

iam sorry ppl.. Work and different other aspects had lkept me busy...... Will post the next episode.. on monday,,

6. anadev16

anadev16 Silver IL'ite

Hi sapthu,

I really liked this story a lot and just like that I started it but now i can't wait for a long time to read next episode and your way of writing is wonderful.:wow:wow:cheers:thumbsup. Please give us soon and :hatsoff for giving us this story.

7. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

thank u. andev.. this is my first attempt.. would post the next episode on monday..

8. chenchal009

chenchal009 Senior IL'ite

Dear Sapthu02,

Story is gng quiet well, eagerly waiting for next episode

9. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

thank u.. chenchal. gonna post the 18th episode now..