1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A trip

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by lovelyme, Nov 22, 2011.

1. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Chapter:1

The time was nearing dusk and we were nearing that hill station. The purpose was a pleasure trip. The awe beauty of the place made me happy and I was driving my car to a drive inn at the mountain cliff. My wife was sitting beside me and I could feel her body shivering inside that shawl. The density of the chillness was reaching its maximum as the sun was rushing its home at west.
    The ambience was very cool and misty. The roadside vendors and the countable tourists scattered here and there were showing haste in returning and we could see the people emitted smoke from their mouth as if from that of a pressure cooker. The place has a dangerous yet breath taking beauty. I could see the thick pine forest below was partially divided by the unending silver streak of a railway track. One could view the coal driven engine running fast making the whole place shudder. The distant mountain range was covered by dark clouds and a small waterfall pouring just below the clouds. My wife’s eyes were popping out as if two eyes were not enough to see that unrefined beauty of nature.
    It is a wonder to see the bodies with two heads. The lovers were hugging together wrapped inside a long shawl together. They seem like aliens loitering around the place with two heads. I was wondering how much the nature helps the human beings to bind themselves in love.
    Love…. the ultimate fuel of life which makes it going with all its difficulties and struggles to survive. I kept thinking about the beautiful bondage of love which bound me and my wife together. I was thinking how I made the choice of making her my life partner. I still couldn’t find out whether I made my choice wisely then. But I can’t think of a life without her. She became part of every cell in my body and soul.
    I looked her face. I couldn’t see her face fully as she was peeping slightly through the glass pane. But the side view of her face and the partial smile that was still remaining in her face showed me that she was enjoying the ride through the lap of that raw nature.
    “Do you like it here?” I asked.
    “Are you kidding me asking this question? How do I look?” She replied me with a question.
    “I can see it in your face. I just wanted to know that from you” I smiled.
    “What a wonderful drawing of nature… How can it be possible for a place to be so fabulous in this earth? Oh God…..I want to four more eyes to feel the beauty of nature.” I could see her eyes shine like two small diamonds.
    “Don’t you feel hungry?” I asked her.
    “Yes. But you must be very much more tired than me. You were driving this machine for the past eight hours at least. I think we must have stayed there at the hotel at least for two or three hours” She said regretfully.
    “That’s no problem da. We go to the cliff restaurant, finish our dinner then return to the hotel room to the earliest.” I said to her in a comforting tone.
    “I can’t get signal in my mobile da. I needed to call home. Monu might be waiting for our call. I miss him. If we don’t get to call home they may start worrying.” She said. I could sense the sadness in her voice.
    Monu is our three years old son. We left him with her mother since we took car for our travel as my wife couldn’t travel by bus or train. She finds it very difficult to get in to the bus or train. She always wanted to travel long distances with me but rarely gets the chance to since I don’t get enough long leisure times to spend with my family. I had to go to the office everyday to take care of the business. This was a two days off I got after a very long time.
    “Don’t worry da. I told Amma when I called her from the hotel that we might not be able to call them as we are going to the cliff. I already expected this signal problem here. We will see if we can find a land line at the restaurant.” I held her hand softly.
    “It’s so chill out here… I think we could have brought two or three sheets to wrap ourselves up. Sweaters and shawls are not enough. Can you here my teeth typing?” She rubbed both her soft hands together.
    I smiled enjoying her childish joy and facial expressions caused by the thick air passed in through the small gap in the glass window. The air played silly games with her hairs. She failed often by trying to keep them right.
    “My back is aching. I need to get out and sit free by spreading my legs and hands.” I said.
    “Oh… then we can stop somewhere here da.” She softly touched my back and said
    “It’s OK dear. Within half an hour we would reach the restaurant. I can manage till then.” I his my strain because I didn’t want to spoil her happiness.

(To be Continued.......):coffee

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Lovelyme
    That was a nice start would like to read the next one.

3. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

That a nice start.. waiting for the next post...

Shanti

4. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Thank u so very much both of you........... God bless...

5. SujySreeram

SujySreeram Silver IL'ite

Interesting story Dear Lovelyme . waiting for the next chapter...

6. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

7. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

this was like a feast to my eyes..I could almost see the husband and wife,their attires,their expressions..could even hear their voices reading your post..eagerly waiting for the next episode...

8. divyasocute

divyasocute New IL'ite

I started to travel wit you :) waiting for the remaining stuff...

9. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Thank u all for ur encouragement dears......will post the next chapter soon......

10. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

good start........