1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pink shawl and psycho analysis (second episode )

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by sushi, Sep 14, 2011.

1. sushi

sushi Silver IL'ite

Those who missed reading the first episdode can read it here "

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/145782-pink-shawl-psycho-analysis-first.html

Now to the second episode :

PINK SHAWL AND PSYCHO ANALYSIS
    (Episode 2)

But, being shy and introvert, he did not know as to what should be his next step. He just went past second year economics division class room where she was supposed to be studying but even passing through five time the corridor of the economics division he could not find her at all. By that time the college bell rang and he had to attend his classes. He could not concentrate on his studies and as his friends wanted treat from him, he was forcefully taken to the canteen which he had visited very few times.

As his friends were ordering the dishes, he was just worrying whether the money he brought anticipating such demand for the treat would be sufficient. Then his eyes fell on the girl sitting alone sipping a coke and his heart started beating fast. Yes it was Radha but still she looked as if crying and very sad . Then suddenly he heard the voice of his friend . Vichu calling ‘Radha, come join us. We will take the treat from you tomorrow’ . Radha gave Vichu a stare as if to burn him and returned back to drinking her coke.

Then Vichu nudged Swaminathan and told him ‘you call her. Only she is sitting and leaving her if we take it won’t be nice’ . Swaminathan was shocked even to think about approaching her leave alone invite her for the treat. But, then he also understood, if he leaves this chance, he wont have any courage to talk to her atall when he is alone.

Gathering all the courage , he just went to her table and said in a small voice ‘ I am very sorry. ‘ She was surprised to see him coming to her and more than that telling her sorry too. Seeing the anguish and pain in his face, she could see he was really pained and that moment she felt something happening to her.

She just smiled and asked ‘sorry for what? Yesterday in a hurry I could not congratulate – so now accept my hearty congratulations’

He just looked at her opening and closing his mouth as if to talk to her but no words were coming out. Then somehow he managed to tell her ‘ I am sorry. I made the mistake of winning and made you cry’’ These words melted her heart and she just gave him her beautiful smile and said ‘ now promise – next time also you will only win. Then only I will join the party “

Swaminathan actually blushed hearint this and just nodded his face in affirmation. Then she joined their party and by the time party was finished, both of them knew it was more than just attending the party that was happening in them. Then to cut the story short, first they met with the friends and then through telephone calls which Radha used to do from her house to the common call telephone kept im the corridor of each floow of the chawl. They had a stipulated time and 10 minutes before that time he would start walking near the telephone with a book in his hand and if some one was using the phone, he would pray that the should finish soon.

Their love for each other grew and one day when they were pretending to group study he took the pink shawl which he was meticulously carrying in his bag every day and gave it to her in her hand. She opened and when she saw that her face brightened but she said ‘no that was presented to you. So it belongs to you’

Then Swaminathan like a hero said ‘ I belong to you. So this belongs to you too’. She was so happy to hear this and told him ‘then why you are giving me in my hand? I wont take it in my hand ‘ then as if to take the cue, he spread the pink shawl to cover her shouder and from that day it remained with her.

Days went by, and he completed his B.com and was selected in the campus interview for the post of a manager in a pharmaceutical company but was posted in Calcutta (now Kolkata) Even though he resented leaving her and going to Calcutta his mother’s ill health made him decide to take the job.

Till his leaving day she was crying . But then he made a arrangement with his frined Vichu that he will write letter for her in his address and he has to hand over to her and she would write to him directly. This arrangement continued for some time but one day suddenly his mother expired in Calcutta. He performed her last rites atter intimating to his only relative , his uncle who lived in a village. He also informed Radha about his mother’s demise and she was also so sad.

But as fate would have it, Swaminathan met with an accident while climbing down from a tram and was admitted in the hospital in a semi conscious stage. He remained in the hospital in that stage for more than two months and this information no one could pass on to either vichu or Radha. They both wrote many letters and even tried calling his company but they could not give any valid information.

Though she finished her final year, but she lost all the hope of meeting Swaminathan. She became so reckless and started behaving like mad girl. When her parents started searching a bridegroom for her, she tried to stop them stating she wanted to study further. But her parents were adamant in marrying her and she told them that she wanted to marry Swaminathan. They were so shocked to hear this but then seeing her so adamant they thought if he was that good . let them go by her wish and marry her to Swamitathan

When they asked the whereabouts of Swaminathan she had no answer and told about the arrangement with Vichu. They called Vichu and as he had no information about Swaminathan they requested him to go to Calcutta and find out about Swaminthan. Vichu even went to the company where Swaminathan worked, but as he was on probation and had not reported due to his being admitted in the hospital in a semi conscious stage, the company had dismissed him and the officer was not able to give the whereabouts of Swaminathan as he was still recouping in the hospital but was unable to move.

Vichu returned back and informed the parents first and the parents of Radha requested him to inform her that Swaminathan had married a Bengali girl. According to them this information will only change her mind and it happened as they wishe and first Radha was so shocked and sad.

But as time passed she became so angry with Swaminathan for cheating on her and agreed to the wishes of her parents to marry her to Ramanathan. Ramanathan turned out to be a loving husband and they relocated to Chennnai since Ramanathan was employed in Chennai and she also found a job in Chennai and now going for training Delhi.
    Seeing the pink chawl made her relive the college days and after that the anguish and pain she felt when she heard he got married after making so many promises to her to marry her.

‘Radha, finish the packing soon. We have only time for finishing our dinner and going to airport" Ramnathan's voice brought her to the present moment and in the momentary urge she took the pink shawl and packed the same with other warm clothes and started getting ready.

( to be continued )

2. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

The story is getting interesting... will Radha meet Saminathan? Waiting for the next....

Shanti

3. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Wow, this is getting more and more interesting! :bananaWhat next, Radha meeting Swaminathan in the interview camp? ;-)

4. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

I cannot wait for the next one..

5. jsuganya

jsuganya Bronze IL'ite

Very nice narration. eagerly waiting for next episode

6. Padhmu

Padhmu IL Hall of Fame

good today. very intresting. waiting for the next.

7. mathu903

mathu903 Gold IL'ite

Cant wait for the next part.. Please post them soon :)

8. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi...
    story is very good..do post the next episode soon... :)

9. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Nice Story Sushi....waiting for the next episode ..

10. esbanu

esbanu Gold IL'ite

waiting for the next episode soon...:)