1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Buried Memories - Episode 15

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by sapthu02, Sep 13, 2011.

1. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

Episode 15
    My hands were shivering. I opened the letter. Before that Arjun checked the box and found few medical reports. Arjun opened them and found a scan and a report attached to it. It said “positive”. On seeing the report we could understand that that scan said that the fetus was 14 weeks old. So, it clearly started that my Tara was conceived. It was my baby.

Now was that the surprise? I was so happy. I thought she wanted to send the surprise first and then call me. She was very good at give me awesome suprises and making me smile. I knew it was again her idea to let me know about our baby.

Arjun was suprised. He didnt know what was all that about. He was aware that I had a girl friend in Hyderabad. But I was sure that he never expected that our relationship would go to this extent. He patted on my shoulders and said, "Machii.. yenna da idhu... Daddy agite? Sollavae illa. When are you going to tell about her to your parents?"

I was happy but how can I go and say that she was pregnant before marriage. What will my parents think about me and her. Anyways, that was secondary. In one way this is also good as we have a family and I was sure she will be loving to have the kid as well. With my previous experience I would say I was safe, this time. (Wicked Thought rite?)

What about the letter? whats there in that? Let me check. I slowly opened the letter.

It read:

"
    To my Dear Tarun,

When you get the parcel and open my letter I would have been very far from you. You can never find me anytime in your life. Dont think that I would kill my self as a coward. No ways!! I have a new meaning to live. Our child. My new hope and my new life.

Why did you cheat me Tarun? What did I do to you? I wanted to give you two suprises. First was about our baby and second that I was selected as a PA for the company you told that you were working. But, when coming there only I understand that it was your own company and you are the boss. That was another lie.

You said you loved me and Iam the first girl in your life. But, because of me, today your wife has committed a suscide. I heard that you pushed her for a divorce. You were so mean and unfaithful. Today, if I happened to live with you, the guilty feeling of killing your wife will NEVER let me live in peace. I have decided that my kid will never come to know who his father was. I dont want to show him that his father was a cheater, a lier and more over a murderer.

Sorry Tarun. This is my time to say good bye. If you really believe that this kid is ours, I promise on the kid that you should never come in search of me.

Good bye Tarun. Thanks for that one year of fake happiness that you had given me.

Signed: Tara.

"

I realised that the tears were flowing from my eyes. Why did she do this to me? She never gave time for me to explain. All the happiness that I had to have a family of my own was sheddered. I was torn into pieces. How come some one blame on me and Suja got a good name?

Arjun picked up the letter and read that. He said that he was the one who interviewed her for ME as a PA. But he said he was never aware of the fact that she was my girl friend. He was never sure how she came to know that Suja died.

He made few calls to office. He then handed over the phone to me. It was my Manager Venkat. He said that he saw Tara in the pantry last before she left. He also heard few of the house keeping ladies talking that I had an illegal affair with another lady and thats why Suja was asked to divorce and she was pushed to the state of killing her self. On hearing that Venkat went and shouted at the ladies and asked them to leave the place. He said he saw Tara in a state of shock. He had asked her to sit in the front lobby and he returned back to his desk. He said that that was the last he saw her and he was sure that she would have heard only the conversation between the housekeeping ladies.

That was all enough. I was doomed. My life? My kid? My happiness. I was sure all was over.

Where will I search for her now? She had promised on my kid not to search for her. And how will I make her understand about the real thing that had happened? How will I explain that I was not at mistake. Yes, I lied to her. I didn’t want her to know that I was rich and about my family back ground.

I didn’t want to tell her about my X wife and what drew to the urge of ending my married life with divorce. I didn’t want to hurt her feeling. I loved her softness and calmness which Suja failed to have.

I was indeed worried and aghast with Suja’s demise but that didn’t mean that I ever ignored or cheated Tara. How am I going to explain and prove her my love? It was all over.

Next few days later I got a call from the reception and they said I have a guest. It was a lady. She came inside and gave a smile. She got herself introduced herself as Aparna. The moment she said she is Tara’s friend, I got the hope. That all faded when she said that she just came in to hand over all the things that Tara wanted to give it to him. She cursed me for cheating Tara. She handed over a huge parcel and she left.

The lovely moments, gifts, letters, the money I spent everything was returned back to me. I could not take it any more. I knew for the fact that everything was over in my life. I don’t want to get anything more than this.

Will I see her again?????

---- With this the diary ends. Vaishnavi closed the diary. She wiped her tears and walked home.

Memories will continue……….

3 people like this.

2. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

What a sad part??? waiting for the next...

Shanti

3. mathu903

mathu903 Gold IL'ite

Hmm feels correct from the angle of Tara but for Tarun it is yet another blow. Waiting to read the next part soon!

4. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

A very sad part...but he should have informed tara about everything...suja was faulty in her own ways and so is tarun....and this was the correct punishment for cheating the girl who believed him all through her heart...poor tara...how difficcult would have been for her...
    but i know thats how the story goes...
    waiting for the next episode :)

5. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

I agree with Swaran. Tarun should have told the truth to Tara before moving further into the relationship. He never cared to tell Tara about his previous marriage and made her believe that he was a bachelor and a normal employee in a company. Irregardless of the consequences, he should have let Tara make the decision whether to stay on with him or to move away from him.

Though I feel sorry for Tarun's state, but I genuinely believe that any person in Tara's shoes would have reacted the same way as she did.

Good story Sapthu. Waiting to read more of this.

6. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

Sure... friends.. will be with the next post tomorrow.

7. jsuganya

jsuganya Bronze IL'ite

Your writing is awesome Sapthu. Please post the next episodes soon. Can't wait to read what is next

8. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

thanks suganya.. next post is on the way//

9. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Wow...very nice story and superb writing..