1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Buried Memories - Episode 14

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by sapthu02, Sep 11, 2011.

1. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

Episode - 14

I informed Tara that I was leaving to Chennai as there was an emergency at home. She agreed. She wanted to tell me something but she stopped as soon as she heard that it was an emergency. She bid me bye and told me that all will be well. When I was about to start my car she held my hand and told that me there are few surprises waiting for me in a weeks time. On asking she said it’s suspense.

Yeah dear.. I also wanted to tell her the same.. one happy news will be awaiting for her in a few days. That could be even a weeks time. Lets see what Chennai was holding for me.

I had travelled to and fro between Chennai, Hyderabad and Bangalore. Never was the trip so interesting and awesome. This time I drove my car and left from there and the whole journey of 7 hrs flew in a jiffy. I didn’t even know that I had reached home so soon. I saw my mom first, the goddess of my home. With a broad smile my Vaishu anni came and opened my car door. She gave me one hug and said.. “welcome back, Kanna, all the troubles are over. Tomorrow will be the last herring and the legal papers will be in your hand.”

What a happiness!! Tomorrow will be the last day as husband and wife between Suja and me. What a relief!!

I spoke to Arun. I told him that I am going to open the matter about Tara at home. He stopped me and said that I will have to wait for another day till the papers are done. Dad was not at home. He was in New Jersy on a business trip. Arjun was in Thailand on my business trip.

Arjun called me that night and asked me about my journey. He was happy about hearing the good news that the struggle will end by tomorrow. And then he told as informed and asked for a Personal Assistant for me.. there was a last interview which he had already taken today morning. He had confirmed on that candidate and he said that the person will be joining to work on Monday. Today being Tuesday, I was sure that there is a weeks time for all that to happen.

As per the agreement between Arjun and me, Arjun was to stay in Bangalore and take care of that branch. And I told Arjun that I would be marrying my gal soon, so I would love to be in Chennai with my parents. That’s the reason for the personal assistant search and that ended up with Arjun’s selection. I would never question his abilities as he was always best at what he was doing. And I was sure that my PA would be one of his best selection for me as well. I was sure that there will not be any flaw.

After a great difficulty Reena Anni again got conceived. She was adviced complete bed rest and Arjun parents left to states to be with Neeraj Anna and Anni. Now Arjun didn’t have any commitments to be with his parents now and for time being we decided to swap between branches.

All was going well. I woke up early. Went with my mom to a temple. And along with Arun I had been to the court. After two hours of wait, the final wait was over. Yes, the papers was handed over to me. I didn’t even want to see Suja face to face again. But, she did come in front of me the moment I was about to leave the court. She said sorry. She regretted for spoiling my life and she did realize my importance which gave me a smile , as atleast she understood my love now. She asked if I could forgive her. All I told was, -its all over. I am soon getting married to another person.

I saw her leave with tears. What a life? But the truth is practical as none can understand the love and importance when they are near.. when they are far away, they expect and regret. Yes, Suja too did the same. Nothing much.

I got a call from Tara. She asked how things were. She said that there is a suspense. She will be in Chennai on Saturday. She said that she had arranged for an accommodation to stay with her friend. She wanted to tell me something as well. But her next question was when will I go to office. I said that I can go only on Monday as I would be joining back in the Chennai office from then. She said that she has sent me something and she would meet me soon on Monday.

What was that surprise.. I didn’t have any clue. Tara was stubborn and was never outspoken. She wanted to give me a surprise. I didn’t have an idea of what that was, but, was sure that it would just give us happiness. I didn’t want to dig into that surprise and break her heart. I was glad to wait though I knew it was tough without knowing what that was.

What a beautiful life? My mom, dad, brothers and their wives, kids around. Soon I will be with my family. Tara and me. I slowly told my mom that I was in love with a girl and wanted to get married to her. Mom looked at me and said that all my wishes should end in happiness. She cried and asked sorry for what she had done to me. She asked if I had already told my girl friend about Suja. I nodded “NO”. that was the first thing she insisted me to do.

I called Tara. She said that she was busy in a meeting. Soon she called me back. I started talking to her..” Tara, I want to tell you something.. A real important one in our life. One thing I never had the guts to tell you, for the fear of losing your love for ever. Please don’t talk anything. Just listen. I just wanted to let you know, that I had been through a bad phase in my life which ended today. As a new phase, I am going to get you introduced to my family as my would be, soon my wife. My family are ready to invite you with open hearts. But, promise me one thing at any cost.. you would never leave me and go.. please………”

Before I could finish,…..she started with, “Dear, pls, don’t talk that way. I have given me, my life to you. I promise at any cost I will leave you and go even if you say so…….” She punched a kiss on the phone and she left.

I wanted to tell her about Suja. But her love stopped me. I am doing injustice to her. How can I be so mean? I would love to tell her everything but, the fear of losing her is killing me. I just want her in my life. How can I open this to her.. I didn’t have a slightest idea.

Days went by slowly. It was Monday. Tara was already in Chennai. But never wanted to disclose why she came her and where she was staying. She said that I would come to know soon, may be before the End of the day. I was waiting for that moment. Arjun was already in office and was planning to leave to Bangalore the same night after delegating the whole work to my new PA.

I had my breakfast and was getting ready to leave to office. I was a call from Danashekar uncle, Suja’s dad. The call carried an unexpected bad news. My X wife Suja committed a suicide today morning. We all had to rush for the same and Arjun took over the office today.

I never wanted to see her in that state. I didn’t have tears left. But, I could stop my self. My beautiful lady was lying there dead. I was guilty for bring her to this state. If at all …… how many ifs, that ran into my mind with that pain of killing Suja. I felt the love on her this time. The love that had dried down came into life again.

Suja’s dad requested me to take over the final rituals for Suja as her husband. Yeah, I was her X husband. But now in front of her death, I wil do anything to keep her in peace. Ateast let her soul rest in peace.

Another 5 days later. I really remembered about Tara. Why didn’t I even call her? I didn’t know .. I called her now. But why didn’t she call me? After multiple trials, I got the same message, mobile was switched off. It was then I got a call from Arjun. He said that I have received a huge parcel. Its from one unknown person. And he asked if I was at home he would come and deliver the parcel to me.

I nodded affirmative. In less than 2 hrs he was there. I saw the parcel which was wrapped in silver packing paper. And when I opened it, I saw a cover, addressed to me signed as Tara…………………

Memories will continue………………..

1 person likes this.

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

oh my god..never expected a suicide from suja!!!!! :eek:mg..what pushed her!!!!

and why is not tara calling our hero...whats there in that parcel..mmmm too many questions...

you are taking the story in a very nice way sapthu....great going...please answer the questions soon :)

3. jsuganya

jsuganya Bronze IL'ite

Good show Sapthu.. sudden twist....