1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Janani's Revenge - Part 2

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by navs23, Mar 29, 2011.

1. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Part 1 Recap:
    A wedding alliance has been proposed between Janani and Vishnu and Janani falls in love with Vishnu instantly. They are wedded in the presence of the thousands of family, friends and relatives and the wedding decorations, celebrations and food surpass any other.

Part 2:
    Janani felt at home the moment she entered her inlaws house. Everything felt so right and she just fit in. Within minutes she had conquered the kitchen and insisted on handling all the house hold chores and cooking. Her mother in law, Kamala was thrilled beyond words and started planning what to do with the free time. She was glad that Janani was so responsible and caring and yet did not want to over burden her with everything right on the first day. Janani was just back from their honeymoon and Kamala knew she should not overwhelm the young bride with all the responsibilities of such a big house.

Vishnu started with work and was back to routine. They did have a few caretakers to do the household chores, but, until now, Kamala managed the cooking. She believed that the best way to a man's heart(her husband and son) is through his stomach(food) and believed in making every single meal herself. She was a wonderful cook and was amazed when Janani cooked so many dishes for each meal, especially at such ease. All three of them had become quite addicted to Janani's food now and Kamala did enjoy being served and pampered.

Janani obsessed about Vishnu so much and this only made Kamala happy. She tried to remember if she had been this dedicated when she was newly married and remembered how hectic it had been. She had lived in a joint family and had her parents in laws, bro in laws, her children, working sister in laws and their children to tend to.

Vishnu loved all the attention that he was getting and was longing for the evenings when he could get home. His mom had pampered him well and yet Janani was going way out of her way to make him happy and he simply loved this kind of pampering too. He tried to come home early in the evenings to take her out for a stroll or to the beach or movies. She simply loved being with him and he could see the adoration in her eyes. He brought her surprise gifts and it did not really matter if it is was just a bouquet of flowers or a diamond stud, she preserved it.

Janani's parents visited her every now and then and her mother, Vijaya could see her head over heels in love with Vishnu. She was glowing. What more could a mother ask for?
    She had so much to share, about the places she visited, people they met and so on and kept running to the telephone every time it rang, anticipating Vishnu's call. When it was around 5pm, she started looking at the gate, every now and then and ran to the door every time she heard a car pass by. She looked extremely desperate to meet Vishnu and her mother could not really understand her anxiety. Was she this anxious when she was newly married? Not really, she was working and most of the times used to reach home pretty late and barely had the time to eat something and go to bed. Vijaya thought this phase of anxiety will pass on and maybe Janani will get realistic after a few days. She slowly asked Janani about her plans to get back to work and was a little shocked when Janani said she has decided to quit her career and that's the only way she could take care of Vishnu properly. Vijaya tried reasoning with her, that there was enough help in the house to take care of house hold stuff and she can continue to work and still be home by the time Vishnu was back and spend time with him. Janani did not want to listen and Vijaya thought it will pass on in a few months and when she gets bored staying home all the time, she will start looking for opportunities. How little she knew her daughter :hide:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011

2. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Nice part...So is this going to be a problem? Eagerly waiting for next part :thumbsup

BTW, can you post a little more each part :hide:

3. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Iswarya! I do not want to break the suspence, but you kind of guessed it right :thumbsup.

Sure, I will try to make it longer. Thanks for the feedback :)

4. kkdevi

kkdevi Gold IL'ite

Nice.. Story has started with all happy happy things happening around! I'm waiting for the twist :)

Good start Navs, keep writing.. I particulaly liked your pattern of giving recap in part 2!

Sorry I might steal it in future:p, (if u dont mind..!)

Regards,
    Devi

5. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Devi :thumbsup. Appreciate your feedback!
    Please feel free to do so, it is not my idea either, I remember writers doing it in the magazines and all(2-3 lines of recap) and thought of using it here :)

6. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Goody goody episode again... but No twist. Waiting for it now.
    Soon she will regret her idea of sitting at home i am sure.

7. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

liked the episode...the way janani is taking care and also been taken care by her beloved...
    lets hear the suspense :-D

8. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you swaran :thumbsup
    The suspence will come soon..

9. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Monsi, will share the suspense/twist soon :thumbsup

10. Apuurva

Apuurva Junior IL'ite

hi,
    i guess Janani's enjoying her life...she's a great home maker and a caretaker.i wish i could also taste Janani's cooking :drool ....still waiting for the twist
    keep going:thumbsup

regards
    apuurva