1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Let us spin a tale

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jan 13, 2011.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear folks,:hiya

want to have some fun? i am going to start narrating a story. you keep adding your contributions to keep the story going. let us see how the story goes.

So here goes:

"once upon a time, in a village called "meragaonmahaan", there lived a man called "aaobhagatsingh". For the sake of convenience we shall hence forth refer to the said gentleman as "abs ji". "abs ji" was the son of the local sarpanch by name "khao piyo khushiyan manao singh". he was a very jolly, fair minded sarpanch. his only weakness in life was that he could not quite see food being left behind on a plate. his take on life was that "if god has given me so much of food to enjoy and i don't, it would be an absolute insult of the Lord. eventually when i am summoned into HIS presence, HE will ask me, 'i provided you so much of good food and good things in life. what did you do with it?' and if i am to reply that 'Bhagwanji, i was a very sensible person, i did not eat unless i was hungry and thought i should not pamper myself with too much food', the Lord above will say, 'sorry bacche, i sent you down to enjoy yourself and provided you the means to it. but you wasted that opportunity. too bad, you shall have to return to bhooloka and taste all the food before i allow you to come and join me for eternity in heaven. you have to be prepared to eat all the good food prepared by all the heavenly maharajjis and for that you have to practice on bhooloka. so off with you then. back you go.' that would be so sad no? i want to live for the rest of eternity in heaven with my Heavenly Pappa and all the beautiful damsels there. so better i eat all that is available now. and you as my guests are always welcome to visit me and partake of my rich fare. that i would also collect some punya karma on my way back Home."

absji, the son of this large hearted gentleman had a completely different philosophy from his father's. he was inclined to moderation, eating only healthy food and vigorous exercise in the local akhada. he had to develop a 6 packer before he made his tryst with the one above, didn't he? after all the Lord above had given him such a good physique, and he had to show HIM that he had taken very good care of HIS gift. so he would go religiously to the akhada and exercise about 8 hours everyday.

obviously father and son had a very fundamental difference in philosophy. that did not do much for the father-son relationship.

take over my friends and let's have some fun.:). let the ideas flow.:idea

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2011
    12 people like this.

2. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Re: The Neverending Story

Good start..Here is my take

One day, there happened something that would change the situation. The State Akhada mandal announced an inter-state wrestling competition, with an astronomical prize money of Rs 1 lakh. More than the astronomical sum, the contestants would get large-scale publicicty not only in the state media, but also the national media as well. If lady luck smiled, the winner would be known internationally as well.

The chai-shop in the village was the hub of excitement, with a group of villagers huddled around Masterji, who was one of the few literates of the village. abs ji was the obvious choice. Most villagers, who had not seen the world outside the village, were certain that abs ji would be the clear winner.

Ramlal, one of the richest landlords in the village, was silently making plans to marry his daughter to absji.

I leave it to the others to continure from here.

sindmani, Angellic, Quebec and 8 others like this.
  3. satchitananda

thanks so much raji, for adding your part of the story. was fun :thumbsup. well others, please join in and let us have some fun :):):).

4. satchitananda

hi people,

i am dying to know about abs's matrimonial fortunes. won't anyone care to tell me? pleeeeaaase?:bowdown

5. satchitananda

ok, so here is my bit for today.

absji was a great fan of masterji and the villagers knew that their best chance of getting him to agree to participate in the competition would be only through masterji.

a meeting was called - an official one - where the sarpanch would also be present. on the day of the meeting, a pandal was put up, buntings and banners with absji's pictured adorned the centre. a sing-song voice was calling all the villagers to adjourn to the pandal, so that the meeting could get underway.

in the pandal, there was a dias on which there was a table covered with a white table cloth, a jug of water and a vase of red roses. at the table sat the panches, masterji and kaho piyo singhji. also present among these luminaries of the village was ramlalji.

once there were sufficient audience in the pandal, and once silence reigned, the meeting commenced. the sarpanch gave the opening speech. masterji extolled the virtues of absji as a wrestler and requested him on behalf of the entire village that he should participate in the competition. after it was a matter of the "gaon ki izzat" which was now in absji's hands. all the while, ramlalji sat by with a beatific smile painted on his face and nodded his head. punctuating every sentence masterji spoke. after all the panches had spoken, absji very graciously agreed to participate in the competition and thanked the village for having placed their trust in him and honoured in this way. he also very generously offered that if he won the prize, he would donate it for developmental work in the village.

am waiting for more people to participate and to make this story really interesting. please don't disappoint me.

5 people like this.
  6. satchitananda

Dear Moderators,

i am wondering why there is no interest in this thread. may be it just has something to do with the title. is it possible to change the title to say : "Let us spin a tale". probably the title is scaring people off, making it sound like a maha bore.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2011
  7. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

OK, here goes.

The idea of development funds arriving soon sent a wave of excitement rushing through the waiting crowd. It stood up and began to clap and a few from the audience ran up to the dias and started to dance and sing around absji. Of course, since absji was not sitting alone, it was not possible to dance without including the rest of the luminaries inside the circle of dancers. And this included Masterji, Ramlalji as well as Khao Piyo ji. Not to leave out the vase full of roses and the jug full of water.

Absji himself was pretty excited too and joined the dancers. And since success had gone into his head, he wanted to celebrate the event as merrily as he could. So, he picked up the jug and began to sprinkle the water it contained on all and sundry. And by the time he came near Ramlalji, he was so excited that he overturned the jar and poured the remaining contents on his head.

For some reason, Ramlalji didn't quite like the idea of getting drenched in full public view. He got up from the chair he was occupying and approached Khao Piyo ji menacingly, declaring in no uncertain terms that he had changed his mind. What he meant of course was that he wouldn't marry off his daughter to Absji, but he had forgotten that no one was aware of his intentions. He said this quite loudly in fact and almost everyone heard him, except for Masterji who had fallen asleep, tiring off after delivering his somewhat long speech.

Not that anyone paid him much attention. But Khao Piyo ji had no choice but to hear him out, since it was he who had been addressed. Now Khao Piyo ji was actually dreaming at this moment of the jilebis he wanted to eat as soon as the meeting was over. So, on being told that Ramlalji had changed his mind, he was pretty confused. Since he didn't know the state of Ramlalji's mind prior to its metamorphosis, he interpreted Ramlalji's statement in gastronomical terms. Probably, thought Khao Piyo ji, Ramlalji wanted him to change his mind about the jilebis. And this didn't make him too happy either. So, there were two very angry people on the stage now staring at each other as though they were prepared to battle it out.

The result was that everyone else was confused too. They didn't know whether they needed to be angry or not. They had thought that it was Absji who was going to fight for the championship and now it seemed that it was his father who had thrown in his hat as well. Almost the entire village stood on the stage now watching Ramlalji, Khao Piyo ji and Absji open mouthed. Of course, Master ji didn't know about all this if you remember. He was asleep.

The only trouble was that the stage on which the whole village stood was not strong enough to carry the weight and gave in. And it gave in more or less near the point where Masterji was sleeping. He came down crashing on the ground beneath and woke up with a rude shock. He found himself covered with the white table cloth that had followed him. Moreover, around the same time the vase of roses came down as well and Masterji found himself stretched on the ground, covered by a white sheet on which red roses lay strewn with a gay abandon. He was not sure what was going on and assumed that he had died and that the Gods had arranged to rain red roses on him for all the good deeds he had done through his life.

Of course, since the stage had crashed, everyone else on the stage had crashed as well ...

11 people like this.
  8. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The sight of Masterji lying on his back covered by a full length of white cloth which was as white as the dusty village could keep it and strewn with a bunch of roses brought the all-round pandemonium to an abrupt halt. Wailing for Masterji began somewhere in the northeast part of the crowd and soon spread like wild fire. No one could believe that the person who delivered such a memorable oration could be dead as a dodo in seconds. Even Masterji could not believe it. He thought he was only sleeping but he was now dismayed that Lord Yama took his life stealthily. The thought that troubled him most was the absence of the buffalo on which Yama was supposed to arrive.

Masterji was also puzzled that the entire village was with him even after his death. Did it mean that some calamity had struck the entire village like an earthquake or tsunami, he wondered. He was also disgusted that he could not get rid of his fellow villagers even after his death. The thought that it was going to be the same damn story even here frustrated him no end. He had particularly no interest to co-exist with the two top illiterates of the village, Ramlalji and Kaypeeji. One was always counting his doubloons and the other was a Bakasura on the prowl.

Ramlalji on the other hand was surprised that the mere thought that he had changed his mind in the matter of giving his daughter away in marriage to Absji could shake the earth and cast such a pal of gloom. He was now convinced that Absji had some superhuman powers. What was such a haven of peace just moments ago was now a veritable Kurukshetra. His foolishness in changing his mind had already cost the life of the Bhishma of the village who was now lying on broken planks instead of arrows. He knew that the only thing that could save the situation was to pray fervently to Absji that if he restored normalcy in the village and restored Masterji back to his life, his daughter would still be Absji’s. Yes, he has changed his mind again and announced it loudly too. As expected this brought a great smile on the face of Kaypeeji. Masterji in the meantime continued to lie dead.

12 people like this.
  9. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Kaypeeji was amused at how a man changes his mind at his whim at the same time when he pondered he felt insulted...Now he had a job to accept the offer or reject it...He wanted to avenge the insult to him....He left the place in a huff ...dragging his son along...His son didnt like it as he felt his father is reacting too much ...In fact he liked Ramlal's daughter Rampyaari.....when Ramlalji declared he won't give Rampyaari's hand in marriage he felt dejected. Now the same Ramlalji has agreed, why is my father behaving oddly...?

Once
    back home, Absji confronted his father Kaypeeji...

ABSji: Bapu
    , what's this.... why did you drag me like an animal....I feel insulted...I like Rampyaari and Ramlalji had just announced he will get us married...

KPji: Beta didn
    't you see how he insulted me by declaring to whole world that he wouldn't give his daughter's hand...
    ABSji: But bapu he himself said he will, yet instead of talking your mind you dragged me...
    KPji: Beta I never asked him to give his daughter in marriage for no reason he burst out saying he won't, as if we are secretly planning. Now my izzat has been maligned, do you want me to agree as soon as he changes his mind...? No, beta no...
    ABSji: But bapu I like RamPyaari she is a sweet, beautiful girl...I want to marry her.....I have set my mind - please consider my desires too..
    KPji loved his son more than anything...He couldn't say no to his son. In fact, he secretly wanted his son to marry Rampyaari...but this insult.....
    KPji: No beta you need to think of your bapu's izzat....I cannot withstand the insult..What will people talk about me...if I agree inspite of the insult? No don't say anymore....

ABsji was disappointed ..He had made grand plans of contesting the match and winning it and also Rampyaari,s love but before it could be formalised everything went wrong

12 people like this.
  10. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri and vjbunny:

These were too good. I found myself laughing loudly to myself in an empty room as I read you. Neighbours must be getting ideas. Too good, wonderful indeed!!

oj

1 person likes this.