1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Savvy! Lets.. Could be your experience

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by malspie, Sep 5, 2007.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Friends,

I would say, my effort is worth it only if I could bring a small smile on your lips.

Savvy! Lets .. Could be your experience

The train arriving on Platform No. 5 will arrive on Platform No.2 was the roaring announcement for the commuters traveling towards Shivaji Terminus (previously Victoria Terminus or V.T.), a regular scene for most of the suburban locals here in Mumbai. Richa could see Savvy, usual 1st bogie and 2nd seat from the window.:-( Mumbaikars have preset position for standing and sitting in the train. Even if you do not distinguish your friend, you can be sure it’s him, if he is the second person of the third compartment of sixth bogie!!! It will always remain that way. The new trains have arrived with lots of promise so are the hospitals filled with new born’s tsch.. tsch.. Oh God Savvy is there, is the thought that struck Richa and the same thought strikes everyone who know her. Savvy, Mrs Savitha Godbole. Want to know more about her then read on…:tongue

“What are you hauling for lunch today?” Savvy asked Richa. “It’s Lemon Rice.” “Why are you saying it so softly? We are not going to grab your lunch box, what say folks. ha ha ha ha ha. Did I hear Lemon Rice? How will you eat that rice; no curry, sabzi, raita, or curd, only with a big ‘Nimbu’ (lemon)? Ha ha ha haa haa.“ “Savvy, it’s a South Indian dish,” she explained to her calmly. “Oh!! Let me taste,” Richa painfully handed over her lunch box to Savvy. Her other friends immediately stopped Savvy from tasting it saying the courtesy calls for requesting Richa to get for them separately next time, and not to thrive on her lunch now. Savvy was adamant, “If she feels we have eaten much of her lunch, then she can carry my Sabudana Kichdi. Gawd, that reminds me, today I am fasting. Thank Gawd, I did not gobble up that Nimbu Rice.. hi hi. Next time carry for us, what say?” Richa nodded her head in the affirmative. :cry:

“Yeh Anuradha,” she yelled from one bend of the compartment to the other. She barbed out to all the woman standees to call Anuradha sitting three benches away from her. Anu was desperately trying to avoid her but not for long. “What Anu, have you become deaf? You wanted to purchase that front open strapless bra with lace and a matching panty, did you buy that yesterday?” Anu cursed herself for sharing the buying plan with Savvy. As they were walking past Shivaji Terminus Station she had fortuitously told Savvy. ‘Why? Why did I do it?’ She cursed herself many times. “Anu, what style ha, show re. That store has got trial room; did they allow you take a trial?” Anu faked she did not hear, but answered in sign language that she would tell her once they get off the train. Savvy snarled, “What you are telling me in sign language, you think I am associated with the dumb and deaf? Wait I am coming there,” she hushed and pushed her way towards Anu who was going red with embarrassment. Without uttering a word, she snatched the carry bag from Anu and started displaying the items in the train. “Lovely one yaar, nice lace, the clips are firm and good, strapless wonder, wow, baby, you will look chic in this, panty is matching ha… what did your husband say,” Anu was feeling very awkward, as the attention of all women was on Anu’s new bra and panty. She felt like a model on display. Savvy invited few more attentions who were busy reading their favourite novels or newspapers, “What say you girls, very nice one it is.” They just nodded and looked away. Savvy pushed down the items back to the carry bag, she does not have the patience to fold them properly and tossed it on Anus lap and returned back to her original position.:evil:

“Mr Nayak, how are you feeling today,” “I am fine Savvy, thank you.” “Did I not tell you to eat pomegranates for loose motions, didn't I,” All heads in office turned towards Mr Nayak, General Manager- Marketing who had left early the day before. Ah!! Now we know the reason for his early exit. Cecilia quickly whispered, “He was wearing beige trousers yesterday, thank god, he did not leak here,” He he he everywhere. Mr Nayak decided to spend most of his time in his cabin that day.:cry: Thanks to Savvy alias Savitha Godbole.

“Sandhya, have I not repeatedly told you not to wear that green revealing midi frock? Suzan, do you know this girl had left special instructions with the tailor to deepen that neck? This is today’s generation. I will smack you Sandhya, if you disobey me,” snarled Savvy. “When are you going to improve on your performance in studies?” she quizzed Sandhya. Suzan got curious,:wink: “What happened, Savvy? Flucuating mark sheets should not upset you,” Actually, Suzan was more interested to know where Sandhya stands academically, hope she is not better than her daughter.:bangcomp: Savvy replied, “Her prelims marks are not showing good signs, 70/110; 40/100, 37/100..” “Mom, can you please stop here. What has got my marks to do with this green dress, just tell me,” Savvy was fuming, “You are back answering your mother, mind your tongue,” “That’s what we have been telling you mom,” Suzan was happy for the information she had gathered enough to keep her kitty party of tomorrow lively.:tongue “Forget it Savvy, lets move from here,” she said.

Vijaya is not well and she cannot go to the coaching class today to pick her daughter. Savvy gets a call from Viji informing her about her ill health. “Please tell her to take a rickshaw from there,” said Viji “What rubbish! I will bring her home with me. Anyways I always pick my son on the way back from office, common Viji, what is a friend for?”:2thumbsup:

“It’s quite painful,’ Mr Godbole lamented and sat on the couch. “You should have taken rest today, you are always adamant,” Savvy bellowed. “Now, lets go to the doctor after this cup of coffee and not waste time,” “O.K.” he quivered. Both of them go to their family doctor who examines Mr Godbole’s huge heat boil on his buttock. He dresses the boil and warns him to be a bit careful so that he is free from infections. “You would be fine in a day or two,” assured the doctor.

Next morning Godbole got ready to go to his office. “Do you have to go today? You are behaving as though you are the only person working in that office. And what do you get, peanuts. I have been telling you for the past one year that we need to do waterproofing and colouring of the house, you never bothered. That couch on which you perched everyday has got a torn cover, how many times I have told you that we need to change it, again you gave a deaf ear,” “Savvy can you speak a little softly, our next door neighbour is standing at the door,” “Why are you bothered about who is standing where, this house is ours and we have the liberty talk in our natural tones, I am not bothered about all this petty things,” :mad: :mad: Godbole was sure Mrs Pednekar has not missed anything, she was collecting her newspaper from the door for a very long time.:-D Savvy was stopping me from going to office, then how she landed up on that torn couch cover, he wondered?!? He has been pondering on such issues many times for the past 15 years of their marriage. “You are finally going, is it,” Savvy gave him a hard stare. ‘I think, I should, I do not know about the heat boil, but if I stay back I will get blood boil,” “You and your talks, your whole family has this approach, talking in puzzles, look at me, straight and simple and so are my parents…” “See you bye Savvy,” She runs to the door. He presses the lift button, waits impatiently for the lift, why does it take so much time, before this gutter opens ones again, I need to run and he pats himself. Mrs Pednekar comes out again to keep her dustbin:-D and Mr Ranganathan kisses goodbye to his wife and joins Godbole in the wait. As Godbole and Ranganathan enter the lift, Savvy gives a valuable advice, “Please take care of that boil on your buttock, see that it does not rupture by some sudden impact, do not eat any oily stuff, if possible try to sit on one buttock today, explain to your boss, he will understand.” The lift went down opened up, Godbole hurried towards the gate, jumped in to a waiting rickshaw, sat with much pain and vanished. Ranganathan did not stop him. Mrs Pednekar is also invited for the kitty party.:wink:

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Mals,

That was quite hilarious. Also brought back some wonderful memories of amchi Mumbai's locals. Yes all those reserved seats for regulars. Hopping on and off trains before they stop and after they start, wow part of so much fun. Not sure i will be able to do that again.
    Mrs Godbole reminds me of one of Pearl Padamse's characters from one of the Amol Palekar movies, can't remember which one.

Vandhana

3. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Hi Mals,
    I enjoyed reading! Looks like Savvy is very dynamic:wink: .

Last edited: Sep 7, 2007
  4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vadhana,

Mumbai's life line is its "LOCALS". You know Mumbai so well, are you basically from Mumbai.

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sindhu,

Thanks for peeping here..

6. rekhaprahalad

rekhaprahalad New IL'ite

hey Mals
    say hi to savvy tai and enjoy her company.
    bye

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Kai Ga Rekha,

Kashi Hai Aamchi Savitha Godbole Tai, Mast paiki na...............

8. rekhaprahalad

rekhaprahalad New IL'ite

bar boltis, what I mean is yes u are right.[​IMG]
    sorry not sure if I am correct

9. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Rekha,

You are correct................ :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

10. sravy

sravy Bronze IL'ite

Hi Mals,

Nice post very intresting saavy character is good ..........