1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The white light calling - Introduction and episode 1

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by iniyamalar, Oct 19, 2010.

1. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

Dear Iladies.

Happy to have come back.

I was happily away for a while. Yes I just spent the one unforgettable event of my life, but let’s get back here.

This time I have come with a different kind of story. This is also a thriller (hopefully it thrills the readers) but a subtle one. This one, I am going to write in a leisurely phase, for all those who love the little nuances in storytelling.

The storyline would be new to English (also for non tamil). It might get a little spiritual, but come on! it’s just a story. So sit back and enjoy it, slowly.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010

2. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

The white light calling - Episode 1

It was a wonderfully yellow morning. The entire dawn sky looked like it was painted in glittering yellow.

The green pasture of fields bordered by the thick rows of coconut farms, the thin line of sparkling thamira bharani river, and those little spots of human forms , all had a faint yellow glow cap on them.

The whole wide view was enough to take her breath away, like sparkling new gold.

For Meenakshi Naachiyar it looked like a beautiful start of a day with an auspicious yellow beginning, a new day.

Goodness heavens even she had started to believe in all these things! she thought bemsuingly.

She smiled beneath her cup of tea.

If twenty nine years of loving life with Paanduranga Sethupathi was not good enough to change her even this much, then what would? She dipped her head and took a look at her loving husband.

They were in the ‘motta machi ’( terrace) of their huge house. It was a landscaped garden in itself. Meenakshi leaned on her white wicker chair. It was their daily ritual to have their tea here every day morning, from the day she came to this beautiful place with her wonderful husband who always was the first to call her to their tea time. But today he looked sullen.

Meenakshi smiled. He reminded her of their son. Particularly on the day when he came to her, looking all lost after losing his favorite bike. what did this old man loose?

She leaned closer. “what’s bothering you dear?”Paandurangan was still silent. His brows twitched and forehead creased, he looked full of thoughts.

“yathaen.”(a close way to call husband in tamil)

“ah..what? “

“What’s bothering you? You look like you lost your wife.” she laughed at her own joke. Paandurangan glared at her. “I told you several times not to joke about such things.”

“ok.ok..since you came out of the trance, please tell me what’s bothering
    you?”she asked the third time.

Paandurangan was quite for a moment and then he asked “Have you spoken
    with Managalam?”

“Oh! God. Please don’t tell me that, all this is about your daughter coming here?” He shut his eyes and fell back on his chair.

“This is not fair. You have not let her come here for years, all because of your silly beliefs. But now, this is important here. A rare occasion. Ok?. Just tell me this. How long are you planning to keep your daughter away from here?”

“Just few more years and then she will marry some great guy and fly off to a foreign country. Then you and I may go and visit her now and then.” He tried to smile.

Meenakshi couldn’t stop staring at her husband. She didn’t say anything. She just got up and left. That was her. She was always like that.

Never did she show her anger or sorrow through words. She always showed them through silence and calmness. Dead calm.. like the deep ocean, one that could swallow you in a gulp.

Paandurangan was always scared of that silence. He groped for the handle of the chair and gripped it tightly. Shutting his eyes, once more he started to offer his prayers.

“Oh lord. Help me. Please do something and make my daughter stay there. Let her not come here. Appa , venkata! I will make a pair of diamond studs for you if you save me just this once. Please!...”

Paandurangan had the habit of offering bribes (as meenakshi calls them) something to all gods to fulfill his wishes, like now.

But little did he know that he had already run out of his wishes, especially on this one.

Destiny is stronger than gravity, for it had already pulled his beloved daughter to her beautiful hometown.

3. stappe

stappe Senior IL'ite

Nice going.....liked the narration....

4. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Malar,good start.....just go ahead....:)

5. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Iniyamalar
    super start
    waiting for the next episode

6. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

good start malar and great narration... :)

7. ramyaraja

ramyaraja Gold IL'ite

hey Iniya welcome back.. The start was so beautiful.. :) very good narration as always.. :thumbsup

8. laddubala

laddubala Gold IL'ite

Completely a different story from the previous one...Lovely narration dear. Keep going Malar :)

9. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

Thank you prana..

10. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

thank you for the support swaran. posted the next episodes