1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Need to know the best mixie/blender in USA???

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by ish333, Dec 18, 2009.

1. ish333

ish333 Senior IL'ite

Hi all,
    If you have read my other thread you would know that my preethi mixie needs repair:drowning. I am helpless without it :spin.

Can anyone suggest me a good mixie/blender for grinding indian chutneys. I heard that magic bullet works fine but i am skeptical about its usage in indian cooking. Can anyone throw some light on this?

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

2. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Yes I know a friend who uses magic blender for indian cooking. It works just fine.

FYI, oster blenders do good job too. You can get a small jar attachment (it will be somewhere from $8-$10) from your local indian grocery stores and you are all set. Infact I used to use oster blender (glass jar one) with small jar few years back, before I got my preethi.

-Uma

3. malathianand

malathianand New IL'ite

Hello All,

I am new to this group. I dont now if there is a latest on the topic of mixies/grinders. I am looking for a good mixie/blender which can be used to make small amounts of chutneys (preferably comes with a small jar as well), powders, idli batters, etc. ANy suggestions ? Also is getting a mixie from India (like Preeti) advisable ? Anyone having done this ? If so, did you get ths voltage converted there for US or do you use a step down transformer ? Thanks in advance.

4. blossomingbud

blossomingbud Silver IL'ite

If you already own a blender in US, you can use this mason jar trick to process small amounts of food. Make sure you are not putting anything hot.

The Mason Jar Blender Trick: Do You Know About This?

I personally liked the oster (Model #BLSTCC-GFP) bought from walmart.

To answer your other question, you don't need a transformer. You can buy preethi and some other brands blenders in India or online which are already converted to 110V.

5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Malathi,
    I have a Preethi Eco mixie that I bought on Amazon (around $99, I think). It is 110V and very convenient,with a large and small jar.
    If you live in a place with a large Indian population, these may be available in the Indian electonics shops.