1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Bangali Traditional Bangales

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by GirijaRamesh, Nov 21, 2009.

1. GirijaRamesh

GirijaRamesh New IL'ite

Hi any body from calcuta, I love traditional Bangali bangales made in Gold thin layer covered with tradtional red plastic make over please give details of :

1. Shops
    2. Price
    3. I stay at Bangalore I want to order from Bangalore
    4. if you have pictures/desinges attach
    Help will be great :)

2. GirijaRamesh

GirijaRamesh New IL'ite

Hey any body from Bengal :)

3. rima1026

rima1026 New IL'ite

Hi,

I am from bengal, I am not sure which type of bangle you are referring to since we never use any plastic in our jwellery. I think you are speaking about (badhano) pola which is red coloured bangal with gold design on top, this is actually suhag bengal and is woren by married girls only.
    Have you seen red and white bengals (red is called pola and white one is called shakha, i think these are made of some kinda sea shells or ivory but NOT plastic) which bengali married girls wear? it is the same red bangle, you need to get small holes on the bengal and then gold work is done throigh those holes.
    there is one more variation wherein the bengal is cut and then lion head (or bull head) like designs in gold are done in the cut place which is called makar mukhi pola. (makar is capricorn).

I am not sure where you can find these in bangalore. try to check in google.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2010