1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Shipping from India

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by soumyasen, Sep 18, 2009.

1. soumyasen

soumyasen New IL'ite

Dear friends,

I am planning to get few books from India(As per list, it's 50). Would appreciate if any one of you let me know the details.

Please help me..

Thank you,

Soumya

2. brindaarun

brindaarun Silver IL'ite

I did international shipping (to US) through normal post office speed post.

My friend got it in 6 days.. I sent some sarees and clothes for a function..

I would say the best option is weigh the books and see how weight it is. Buy a cotton white cloth and pack it neatly. If u go to the psot office u can ask them to keep wax to make the packing strong..

Like FedUS, u can easily track them also in net. I called my friend and told that u may get the parcel today after seeing the status in net. She got it on the same day itself..

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I ship books back to USA from India using sea mail. It is reasonable. Last year I sent 30+ cookbooks (mostly paperback and not too large no coffee table types) and I think it was Rs1000 (?). It takes 3 months to arrive but is delivered to house with regular mail. If you go to big book seller they will send for you, you just pay the shipping when you buy. If you are buying something really special its a little bit of a hard way to go so the book might slightly mushed in transit so take that into account.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  4. soumyasen

soumyasen New IL'ite

Thank you Brinda and Tashidelek. It helps me a lot.