1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Mixie in North America that can make nut paste

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by anjali84, Aug 27, 2009.

1. anjali84

anjali84 New IL'ite

Hi all!
    I just joined the community, and I already have a question!
    I am trying to decide on a nice household mixie that can also make small batches of nut butter. I like the smaller size mixies better (like the Sumeet multi-grind size). I have heard that the Sumeet multi-grind can make nut pastes, but it is out of stock and I have read some questionable comments about their quality these days. I am trying to find a mixie that can make super-fine nut pastes - so that if I rub it between my fingers, it is completely smooth (smoother than those grocery store grinders). Any suggestions? I've looked at Premier, Preethi, Butterfly, but I have not seen any in person and don't know whether any of them can do the job.
    Thanks!
    :)

2. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Proud owner of Preeti mixie :thumbsup

Try cuisinart food processor (Mines is DLC-7 10 cups), perfect for nut butter.

-Uma

3. anjali84

anjali84 New IL'ite

I have a Cuisinart, and it grinds them down to a small size, but not to a nut paste consistency. I can still feel the granules even after it whirs for a long time. My ideal is to get it as close as possible to something like commercial peanut butter consistency.