1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Use Of Electric Roti-maker

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by damsel, Apr 4, 2007.

1. damsel

damsel New IL'ite

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear damsel,
    i have heard that the electric one u need to knead the atta in a different manner, that is it should be a lot more wet and pliable, that is when u press the ball of atta which has been kneaded it should immediately go in without any pressure only then this roti comes out well...take up a trial offer and then buy them, nothing like our hands though, these r simple god gifted excersise for woman, regards sunkan

3. vidyavenky

vidyavenky New IL'ite

Hi,

My mom has got one and she says its quiet useful especially when u prepare aloo ki parathe or any other stuffed parathe it is very easy.:2thumbsup: Good Luck.

4. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Damsel,

It is good that you are going for Chappati maker. But as she said, check and

see the demo, and then buy. To mix the flour it is better to have 'Food

Processor' By using that, we can get very very soft dough.:2thumbsup:

5. kavithaRao

kavithaRao New IL'ite

I have purchased the electric roti maker online from a houston desi shop before 4 years ago I tried many different ways to make the dough but never came out good, But my other friend had one she got from India (converted to 110v and bought in Bangalore) and i saw her making the rotis its actually very thick, and after few hours, it became stiff I didn't like it for sure.. more over she used lots of oil when kneading the dough .

I want to make Gujarathi rotis just like my gujarathi friend does. She uses boiled water and a teaspoon oil and kneads the dough really well. the rotis comes out very very soft, very thin. She uses thin roller to make the rotis and of course, with her hands.

This said, I figured other ways to use the roti-maker now a days, like to make puri, 'pappu billalu' (rice flour and chana dal and spices made into dough using water and pressed into very small rotis and deep fried snack)

Thanks

1 person likes this.
  6. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Toaster with oven

Hi friends,

Pls share yr ideas of combining these two is a good one or two. If not, what other options are available?

Saw this offer for mom's day sale, but, heard people telling that energy will cause more for toaster since it accompanies with oven, is that so??

Do reply..

Thanks

7. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

toaster oven

Ami,

Depends on how much you are going to use the toaster oven combo. I recenlty bought Hamilton Beach Toastation toaster oven. What i like abut this is that it has the usual slots for toaster, and then a lever turns it into the oven. The oven is quite small, but that is enough for me. As i mainly use it to only reheat pizza slices or make one serving of french fries. I find that baking paneer in this also great, uses less oil. Here is a link for you to see:

Hamilton Beach Toastation® Toaster and Oven

I bought mine in Kohls. Thay were having a sale and i got it for about 30 bucks.

I do all my regular baking in the oven that comes with the range. I know some people buy the bigger capacity toaster ovens for doing regular baking or baking 12" pizza etc....

So if you do more toasting, then go for this, or if youplan to use it for baking all your goodies, then go for a bigger capacity.

Vandhana

8. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Excellent..

Hi Vandhana,

To reveal the truth, had posted my query ONLY keeping you in my mind. I was hoping that you could be able to reply and here, got it..

Visited the site and seems to be so nice and less energy consuming, isnt it?? I am also not very much into baking, maybe for the kids' sake;hence, this size should be fine, guess..Will talk to my hub, anyhow.

Thanks once again.

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hi friends,

I have always had bad luck with electric toasters. They give up on me, either the automatic toast ejection fails or the toast is under or over done. So like a typical American I invested in the Cuisinart Toaster oven and am very happy with it. It is quite compact and I use for varied purposes besides toasting and quick baking. I grill papads in it almost everyday...sutta appalam:)

L, Kamla

Bed Bath & Beyond Product

10. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Kamla, just saw yr reply..does the toasting cause the same energy as baking and others??

Thanks.