1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

best brand cookware set for indian cooking

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by radhika suresh, Jun 29, 2009.

1. radhika suresh

radhika suresh New IL'ite

Hi friends I want to know which brand cookware is the best for indian cooking.Iam going to get one to take it to India.

2. aharia

aharia Silver IL'ite

hi ,

pls visit my cookware collection theard .

hope you get a better idea.

3. madhurisatya

madhurisatya Silver IL'ite

Hi Radhika,

One of my friend took Belgique stainless cookware set from Macys to India.So did lot of research and finally took that.

4. chaaral

chaaral Silver IL'ite

Cuisinart cookware sets are also good and heavy bottom and comes for long time.
    i have tried farberware which was also good for medium priced set.

5. soumyasen

soumyasen New IL'ite

Hey,

I am planning to buy Cuisinart cookware set. But i am in a confusion whether to go for stainless steel or non stick. I am interested in stainless steel. But worried about use of oil and maintenance.

Please hare your opinions.

6. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Sowmya, I own Farberware, cuisinart and kitchenaid stainless steel cookwares for quite sometime. For oil, yes it takes a little amount of oil for cooking. I usually rub the pan with oil and heat it at medium-low setting of my stove. Its just fine. That said, you can't avoid getting oxidation layer at the bottom of the pan and even sometimes on the cooking surface.

For maintenance, its much easier than non-stick. Just rub some bon-ami or barkeepers fried and scour with a pad, you are all set. I use them in diswasher too. It just stays fine and solid as how I bought them.

Another major fact is you are not buying any ailments resulting in fumes from high heating etc etc etc. (though nothing seem to be much proven). Out all the 3 I have I love the cuisinart multiclad casserole (3qt). I use it for making curries, kuzhambu, kheer etc. Others that I use frequently are farberware 1QT sauce pan for making oats porridge, multigrain porridge for breakfast or making rasams or soups in smaller quantities, boiling dhal sometimes. Kitchenaid all-clad 2QT and 3QT for boiling milk (should heat it at low setting), sometimes make sambars or dhals, preparing tea etc.

I haven't had any issues with any of these utensils, I indeed use them in oven (especially the kitchenaid) to bake.

-Uma

Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  7. soumyasen

soumyasen New IL'ite

Hey Uma,

Thanks for your reply. I am mainly looking something for cooking biryani(Non veg) of at least 12 cups. I am not sure whether 5 quart will be big enough or not. After seeing your reply i came to conclusion to buy the steel one rather then non stick. Thank you for your help.

Friends, can you say me what vessels do you use to cook non veg biryani in larger quantities?

8. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

The set comes with a 8QT stockpot or you can try to see individual one. I know from a friend its good to prepare briyani (infact she borrowed it from me to make one)

-Uma