1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Uses of wet-grinder

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by rush2me, May 18, 2009.

1. rush2me

rush2me New IL'ite

Hi
    have bought a 2 litre wet grinder (premier). Are a family of 2 adults and one 8 yr old child
    Need to know what all can i use this grinder for eg:
    1. I can make idli-dosa batter
    - but since we are north indians, we do not have idli-dosa regularly, we can have it only once in 2 weeks. So need to know what else can be done by it.

2. lakshmit

lakshmit Bronze IL'ite

u can use grinder for vada batter,aappam... paniyaram... etc...I'm being a south indian... I've given the south indian dishes... Mainly for idly,dosa and oothappam..

love..
    lakshmi.

3. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    I have an ultra grinder with extra attachments in it, for coconut grate and atta dough hook. i make chapati dough in it, if i make more than 2 cups.
    i also mix pizza dough, bread dough using the dough hook and it comes out fine.
    after making the dough i do use my hands to knead it more, but initially to mix the atta and water it helps, atleast not as messy as i do with my hands.

Priya

4. rush2me

rush2me New IL'ite

Thanks Lakshmi- shall look for the recipes for paniyaram etc..If possible can you provide me with the same.
    Thanks Priya: I too have these 2 attachements. With a 2 L grinder can i make the dough of 2 cups flour? (maybe the grinder is a little big)