1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Using Brita Water Filter

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Cutepavi, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Cutepavi

Cutepavi Silver IL'ite

Hi all,
    I recently bought a Brita Water Filter. It was told in the instructions to wash it once or twice and also put it in water for 4 hours.. i did that and also even washed it for more than 10 times now... but the smell of carbon(atleast that's what my DH says) does not go. I bought that filter because i did not like the smell of water here in US and now that is even more smelly! Please ladies let out some ideas as to what i can do to avoid this smell!!Drowning

2. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi Pavi..We have been using Brita water filter for more than 2 years..We never got this smell..The taste will be like store brought mineral water..Just wondering why your brita filter water is not good..may be you can return it and try another one..

3. Cutepavi

Cutepavi Silver IL'ite

yes supriya.. i think u r right i need to return it.. i used to buy mineral water before but this has a damp taste not like the mineral water...

4. filterdix

filterdix New IL'ite

Actually sometimes we say that using bottled drinking water is great but when we try to use some water filter then we could say that using water filter is good...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2009