1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

which is best electric rice cooker?

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by monapaul, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Jaishree123

Jaishree123 Senior IL'ite

hi ladies
    Please help me to choose the best electric rice cooker. one of my friends is going to bring the rice cooker from india. so pls tell me which one I should tell him to bring.

Thanks
    Jaishree

2. kavithaethiraj

kavithaethiraj New IL'ite

hi, i tried premier, 2 prestige and 2 panasonic electric rice cookers. panasonic is best and other two brands constantly gave me problems.

3. krsri79

krsri79 Senior IL'ite

Hi

I have Panasonic rice cooker. I bought it recently only and my only doubt is can we put another vessel inside the container and cook less quantity of rice. Will it work? Does anybody have any:idea about it?

4. brindaarun

brindaarun Silver IL'ite

I am using Panasonic (Vaccum top lid) non-stick it is working well.. I bought in in chennai only but it is imported (have US pin) but having 110 to 240 volts so no problem at all.

5. brindaarun

brindaarun Silver IL'ite

I am looking for a small electric rice cooker for 1 cup of rice.... Any idea about the cost and brands available?

6. sowmya.madhu

sowmya.madhu Senior IL'ite

krsri79,
    I have panasonic electric cooker and I use a vessel to keep inside to cook rice as it is a huge one and on daily basis I would not need so much rice. But you will have to fill water inside the cooker vessel and also when it reaches keep warm , the water will have eavporated, so you will have to refill water even if it is in keep warm otherwise the vessel will get burnt!! Hope this helps. In case you need further info, PM me and will let you know.

7. jaysheela

jaysheela New IL'ite

hi

i want to take electric rice cooker from USA to India. Can you please tell me if there are 240 V compatible cookers available in US. I searched for them a lot and not able to get.

Thanks,
    Jay

8. aswini

aswini Senior IL'ite

I have AROMA rice cooker. For some reason, when I cook rice it forms a thing layer or crust whatever you call it in the bottom. Not sure if I am messing up the water ratio.
    It has a steamer attachment to it and I am using it just to steam vegetables.

9. umangbhatt

umangbhatt New IL'ite

Electric Rice cooker is OK but please tell me what is more useful to have a rice cooker or to have a Microwave or combination of both. I have Microwave which is good for making Veg. dishes but I still feel better ehen rice or combination of Rice and pulses cooked in Pressure cooker on steam. The problem is consumption of LPG . I think Electric Rice cooker can help me save on LPG. Or Should I opt for Induction Cook To

10. Sharon95

Sharon95 New IL'ite

• I personally think the Karmin professional rice cooker is the best :hearteyes: