1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Microwave-Safe Containers and tips to use MW.

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by krishnaamma, May 27, 2008.

1. vidhya78

vidhya78 New IL'ite

hi shanthi, today i tried aloo curry according to ur tips and it came out well. thanks for replying to my qn. really relieved my tension thank u
    bye
    vidhya

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi vidya,

You are welcome. try karela, bhindi they come crisp without too much oil.

3. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

Hello[JUSTIFY]

Sorry if I am asking something really silly... I bought a arcuisine glass dish (he said its very similar to borosil) to use in MW. When I keep it in MW (100%- 1 minute) it becomes very slightly warm than room temperature.. I cooked tomatoes in it for 3 minutes.... it became bit hot.... and i can't touch it with bare hands....Its quite thick and has microwave safe written on it...i bought it in the category of cake dishes....can i continue using this ?? Is it suitable for baking cakes/pasta etc and microwave cooking ?? Does dish also gets heated when we cook something in microwave for say more than 5 minutes??[/JUSTIFY]

4. SChandrasekar

SChandrasekar New IL'ite

Hello Vidya,

My first time in this forum. I have done rice without kanjee getting out of the vessel. I used a glass vessel which has a wider mouth like a cone but with a base. Don't have to use a lid for this and rice and water proportion depends upon the kind of rice(old or new) But basically 1: 2 proportion and this is good especially when you travel and most of the motels have a microwave int he room and being a vegetarian, take lot of podi's to go along with that. Hope you find this useful.

Suseela Chandrasekar (USA)

5. Anandhii

Anandhii New IL'ite

Hi Krishnama,

Can you please tel me on How to make Chappati in microwave.

Thanks,
    Anandhi.