1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

kitchen gadgets from american kitchen to indian kitchen

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by sanjuruby3, Feb 19, 2015.

1. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi all

I live in apartment and want to upgrade my kitchen with gadgets. Because of moving a lot, we have really colorful kitchen stuff.
    We never brought lot of Indian gadgets from India for the inconvenience of carrying.
    These days looking at cooking websites and TV ads I think about some stuff but do not know if it works for indian cooking.

1. I see stoneware bowls with handle(heavy ones probably soup is served in italian cooking). Can we use it for indian cooking on coiled burners in US?

2. Has anyone tried pressure cookers sold in US? or power pressure cooking that I see ad on TV for indian cooking? I know rice cooker. What do you cook in it other than rice?

Any other useful gadgets.

2. mansithakkar

mansithakkar Local Champion Staff Member Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Answers to your kitchen as per my knowledge,

1. I would suggest you to check food network website, they are really good quality and well known

2. I have tired pressure cooker from USA couple of times, but its useless, you wont believe when base of pressure cooker separates while cooker gets hot and joins back when it get cool,.... try getting pressure cookers from INDIA...
    rice cooker are good option, as all nutrients remains in them, you can boil pulses in rice cooker.

For other useful gadgets, take a visit in kitchen gadgets store, you'll find good ones according to your requirements and taste.

Lemme know if my post proves informative for you.

Thanks

3. antiquesrinivas

antiquesrinivas New IL'ite

Try fagor pressure cooker. The best one I have ever had. I have 2 for more than 10 yrs.