1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Racheal Ray hard anodized cook ware

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Beingpositive1, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Beingpositive1

Beingpositive1 Junior IL'ite

Anyone have Experience with Rachel Ray hard anodized cook ware.
    I bought a 10 piece set for 105$ deal.I saw the reviews and they are really good but wondering whether they will be good for indian cooking or not?

Ladies please pour out your suggestions,Is it a good deal

2. 2babymom

2babymom Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I do not own any piece of rachel ray cookware so I cannot any share any experience but I have heard good reviews about it. Also I think you have got a great deal by seeing the price to pieces ratio. Also about suitability of hard anodized set of cookware to Indian cooking, I think it is good to have nonstick surface but be sure to store food in another container so that it does not react with chemicals in the coating. Also it is nice to have few pieces of stainless steel cookware for making rice, etc. Personally I use cuisinart french classic cookware I bought in tjmaxx and macys, also a farberware set my MIL gave me as a gift. I have one nonstick dutch oven which I mainly use for cooking north indian dishes( I am south Indian) and one nonstick skillet for eggs and such.
    Hope this helps. Enjoy your new cookware and have fun cooking. :)

3. Beingpositive1

Beingpositive1 Junior IL'ite

Thanks for ur reply 2babymom.I was really wondering whether it will be good for indian cooking and you assured me.I always used non stick sets and always heard good about hardanodized cookware.when i saw this deal, i just didnt think a moment and got it.

4. 2babymom

2babymom Bronze IL'ite

Yes. They are good to cook with little bit of nonstick feature. But try to avoid making recipes mainly with tomatoes or tamarind pulp. Because they react with anodized aluminium and may make it bare and discolored. If you want any more information search the website chowhound.com/cookware. There are enough posts about everything about the cookware. You may also get some info about your cookware set.