1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone has Kitchenaid stand mixer

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by 2babymom, Jul 27, 2014.

1. 2babymom

2babymom Bronze IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    Anyone has experience with kitchenaid stand mixer? and do you find it useful to knead chapathi dough or may be pizza dough?.
    I always wanted one, so today I found a great deal in target. So I went for it and bought one. I make cupcakes and muffins often in my home also I always make my own pizza dough. So I thought it will be helpful to have one stand mixer handy.
    So what are your thoughts.

Regards,
    Shreya.

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

KitchenAid mixers last forever. I have had the same one (my only one) for over 30 years and it works just like new. I also have my mom's that is older than that and same thing....just like new. Just remember it is more powerful than regular mixers so adjust your times to shorter mix times. Be careful not to overwhip heavy cream...one example.

I also have a lot of the attachments including veg slicer and grater, meat grinder, food mill. These are very handy if you are processing large quantities of food for a big dinner or for freezing and canning. I use the food mill every year when making applesauce. You just cook the quartered apples and run through the food mill and all the seeds and skins are separated out. I also have the pasta plates that go with the meat grinder but they are a pain and now they have the roller attachment for pasta which I bet is much better.

I used to make loaf bread a lot and you can knead, rise twice and cook two loaves in a little over two hours so you can actually do it quicker and larger quantity than with a bread machine. For chapati dough I use the paddle not the hook.

Have fun cooking!

3. 2babymom

2babymom Bronze IL'ite

Thank you for sharing your experience.. Its good to know that it is long lasting. Also thank you for wonderful idea of using paddle for kneading chapathi dough. I will try that for sure.