1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

ikea frech press coffee maker

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by magicworld, Jun 4, 2014.

1. magicworld

magicworld Bronze IL'ite

I had coffee in my friends house made with ikea frech press coffee maker and it was too good. when I got it from ikea and tried it wasnt that great.. have any of you tried this.. please give your feedback/ suggestions

2. ammulur

ammulur Platinum IL'ite

[h=2]Four Basic Steps For French Press Coffee[/h]
    {1} Add your ground coffee directly to your French press. The general rule of thumb is to use 2 tablespoons for every cup of water -- a little more for bold coffee, a little less for a milder brew.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    {2} Let your tea kettle sit for approximately 60 seconds after it whistles, and then pour the desired amount of water into your French press. Replace the lid but do not depress the plunger yet.

[​IMG]
    {3} Let the coffee steep for approximately four minutes to as long as 10 minutes for a stronger brew. Then depress the plunger straight down to force all of the grounds to the bottom of the press.
    [​IMG]
    {4} Pour yourself a cup o' hot Joe! If your French press does not have a feature to shut off the filter, you'll want to transfer any remaining coffee to an insulated carafe to prevent it from becoming bitter.

Now that we have the basics down, here are a few more tips for perfecting your brew:

• Consider grinding your own beans. I won't deny that the fresher the grind, the better the final cup of coffee. But pre-ground coffee is perfectly fine as well.
    • If you do grind your own, experts recommend a burr grinder that produces a coarse grind. These can be pricey though, so keep in mind that a fresh grind is more important than an even grind if you're on a budget.
    • Like flavored coffee? A dash of cinnamon added directly to your grounds adds an unexpected dimension to coffee.
    • Use fresh filtered or spring water for best results. Again, I don't follow this as a rule, but if you have very hard water or water that has a strong taste to it, you'll want to take it under consideration.
    • Clean your press after each use. Leftover coffee oil residues can go rancid, spoiling future cups.

Hope this info might help you.........! Happy coffee time...........!

3. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for sharing the information. Is the taste from this french coffee maker generally better (or how is the difference) then the usual cooked one?
    @Magicworld: maybe the coffee pwd she used was different and thats why the taste of hers was so good???