1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Singer Sewing Machine models.

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by anubal, Apr 12, 2008.

1. anubal

anubal New IL'ite

Hi,

Can anyone guide me through the differences in the Singer Sewing machine models? Do you have one at home? If so can you tell me the Model Number of it. I went to the showroom and found a couple of models but not sure which one would to buy.

I found 2 interesting models. Model 8280 & Model 4228.

Can you please let me know the difference between those & how effective it is -- if anyone is using it?

Thanks,
    Anu

2. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

HI,
    Yes I had a singer and it was superb.I don't know the model number,but it was witha zigzag stich attachment.If you are a serious seamstress with a kid or kids, you can go in for the fashion maker model.Goodluck!!

3. anubal

anubal New IL'ite

Thank you so much kaluputti !! :)

Can you let me know the model number for the Fashion Maker?

4. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Hello anubal,

You can just mention "fashionmaker" simplestmodel.I have since disposed off mine, which is actually 30 years old.There might be new varieties.But when you mention your actual needs, and the dealer will select one to suit you.I am sorry ,am not able to help you reg. the number of the model.May be someone in this forum will.!:idea

5. anubal

anubal New IL'ite

No problem Kaluputti.... I will check with the dealer or any of the showrooms again to get some info. My actual need would be different types of stitches, quilting, embroidery..... Hope I can come to a conclusion :confused2:........

Anu

Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  6. revathijayagopi

revathijayagopi Gold IL'ite

hi,

i also have a singer fashion maker sewing machine which i bought 15 years back. its model number is 298, but by now the number and model everything would have changed. u will get the latest one now. mine has 21 designer stich option. we can do picco on the saree and dupatta, fix and zip, do darning, zig-zag etc. hope this information was useful to u.

7. mjohney

mjohney Senior IL'ite

hi,
    Here is a link to singer products.You can compare different models there.SINGER® SEWING CO. | Products
    Singer machine is very good.My amma used to have one.My friends owns one.she told me it is very good.I am also interested in buying one.Actually I was searching information about one yesterday.
    hope you can find one you like
    Regards
    mj

Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
  8. Sushmavarala

Sushmavarala Senior IL'ite

Hi,I own a Singer Fashion Maker Rotomatic Model. My mother and mother-in-law have Usha normal models. During the period of usage, my opinion is that the parts of Singer Fashion Maker Rotomatic Model are not as robust/strong as that of Usha. The comfort level appears to be more for USHA. Singer Fashion Maker, i feel is a delicate model.The above are my personal thoughts.

9. lakshmi05

lakshmi05 Silver IL'ite

Hi Anu,

I own a singer rotomatic fashion maker model. It is nice. Even my friends have it.

You select the model which suits your requirements.

Happy stitching!!!

10. anubal

anubal New IL'ite

Hi Revathi,

Thanks for your reply... Yes, everything has changed now.. I enquired a lot and got confused to come to a conclusion... the above two models has the same options which you have listed but its 8280 has 7 basic stiches & 4228 has 20+ stiches.... Hope the one which I choose also lasts longer...

Anu