1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Singer Sewing Machine models.

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by anubal, Apr 12, 2008.

1. anubal

anubal New IL'ite

Hi MJ,

Glad that you are interested in buying one too...!! Yes, Singer machines are really good... My Mom has 25 years old Merritt machine.... its still working.... Thanks for the link... I hope I will get more clear information from the link which you have given...

Regards,
    Anu

2. anubal

anubal New IL'ite

Hi Sushma,

Thanks for your response... Even I am concerned as you are... I am not sure if the Singer Fashion machine has internal motor or can we modify it to the normal pedalling type... !!

No problem of letting me your views... I need to know all the pros and cons and how everyone is finding the Singer machines vs others..

Regards,
    Anu

3. anubal

anubal New IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi,

Can you let me know if it is the internal motor type or can be later modfied to a pedalled one suiting our comfort needs.

If it has the internal motor, does it produce more heat making the performance to deteriorate in future... Just want your inputs since you own one..

Waiting for your response!!

Anu

4. Sushmavarala

Sushmavarala Senior IL'ite

Initially I purchased with the pedal system. Later I purchased a motor. I switch to pedal system some times and sometimes to motor. I had purchased the motor so that it could be useful for picco work for sarees. One suggestion which i would give when you opt for motor is to enquire about the impact of using the motor on the machine. There are different opinions on it. One of my cousin told me that it spoils the head part (important part) of machine. Also the motor speed has a direct impact. There was lot of needle breakage when I used the machine with motor. I then switched to pedalling mode for my activities. I have a servicing request pending where i would have to clarify about the impact of motor on the machine.

5. lakshmi05

lakshmi05 Silver IL'ite

Hi Anu,

Mine is not the internal motor one. Whenever i want it, i can fix it. Though i have my motor handy, I prefer and enjoy pedalling. Since i stitch only for me and for my daughter, there wont be very heavy stitching in my case. If you want to use motor always, i think you should have a lot of practice to avoid small problems. The ladies who stitch for outsiders are using motor regularly. Anyway ll clarify you after asking my friends who are using only motor.

Lakshmi.

6. anubal

anubal New IL'ite

Thanks Lakshmi,

Please clarify and let me know since I thought of buying it this week.

Once again thanks for checking this for me..

Regards,
    Anu

7. anubal

anubal New IL'ite

Hi All,

Thanks so much for responding to my Thread. I am now a proud owner of Singer Fashion Maker 4228. It has internal motor and no Pedalling. It has various options & I was wondering how to learn all those. I got a small demo from the sales person in the Showroom. I have to get in touch with them for more demo as promised by them. Even I' ve completed the final stiches of my Kameez.... I feel so happy. Thank you all again for helping me with your advice..

I am learning to sew now so wil post my projects once done.. Keep watching this space [​IMG]

Anu...

8. pinkyjoseph

pinkyjoseph Junior IL'ite

Congrats Anu on getting a sewing machine...

I am also looking to buy a sewing machine...
    Same confusions as you had...
    Whether to buy Usha Janome Allure or Singer 8280...

I enquired about the sewing machines in India during vacation and now I am in saudi arabia. yet to see the sewing machine models here. Hope I will find out the shop soon...

9. anubal

anubal New IL'ite

Hi Sushma,

Sorry I didnt respond to you... !! I did ask my sewing Teacher who has a Fashion maker for 15 years now. She said it is ok to go with Model 4228. I am going to the Singer Showroom for my sewing classes which is a Showroom + classes as well they take up repair work too. I have asked those guys over there before making a purchase.

They asked me not to put so much force while sewing... if done, then it might go for a toss. The lady over there showed me a demo as well on how to go about sewing.. It seems to vibrate if there is much force on it. I am still working with it and learning. She also asked me not to work more than 5 hours.. Also, I guess I wont be sewing continously on it since I am just learning to sew.

Hope you get some response to your service request. Do let me know once you get it.. I will be waiting for it.

Regards,
    Anu

10. anubal

anubal New IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi,

I too enjoy pedalling. My mother has a 25 years old Meritt Sewing machine. But there is some repair work to be done on it. Whenever I go home.. I used to enjoy pedaling on it. Because of my mom, I got an interest into sewing and going for sewing classes now.

I am practising to use the motor one so carefully and i have a lot of things to work on and would not be using it continuously...

Thanks so much for your advice !!

Anu