1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. dimple7

dimple7 Gold IL'ite

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

3. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

4. rajinee

rajinee Silver IL'ite

Very much helpful thread esp for full time working moms Like me... Hope it gets restarted again

AkilaMani likes this.
  5. AkilaMani

Hi @manjukps,

Hope you are doing well and your design business is going well. The links in your signature does not work dear, please check that. I wanted to see your work. I will look for it in the other forums.

6. AkilaMani

Hi Rajinee,

Yes, this thread was very helpful and I learned a lot for so many great ILites here. I guess after a while it was just the same thing over and over, and many of us moved to other forums in IL and got busy in our personal lives also... the thread kind of fizzed out.

Now that I am no longer working and am a full time stay at home mom, my routines have changed and I do struggle at times with my time management.

I will restart posting again here, hopefully writing things out and maintaining an account for it will give me more clarity...... also maybe my old buddies would like to join me and maybe new ones will find it interesting enough to join in :)

kkrish and rajinee like this.
  7. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

very very useful thread for all full time working moms!!!!!!! Got many tips from here :):) thanks:)

kkrish and AkilaMani like this.
  8. AkilaMani

7/6/16

Its kids school holidays, so the routine is different now.... or rather there is no set routine these days, but its fun :)

Morning - Got up, made breakfast (dosai and chutney), cleaned house (tidying up and sweeping), watered the plants, checked the compost, cooked a simple lunch (lemon rice, curd rice, carrot porriyal, steamed sweet potatoes), bathed, lit pooja lamp, laundry (load and dry). Kids got up late, ate breakfast, played and studied for a while.

Afternoon - Had lunch, read (currently reading Towards Zero by Agatha Christie) and napped for a while.

Evening - Keyboard class for kids. I did the dishes, prepared milk/coffee. Folded laundry. Lit pooja lamp. I had accepted to help a friend with his daughters studies, she is in 1st std. So 1+ hr teaching the child. My kids also studied during that time.

Night - Made and had dinner (dosai + chutney), went for a walk with the family. Talked with my parents and mother in law. Shop - milk & veg/fruits. Read. Sleep.

Nothing extraordinary, it was just a normal day, but a satisfactory one. I did whatever I wanted to do, I feel bad about not being able to go for a brisk walk in the morning as I am not waking up earlier. Should try for that.

9. AkilaMani

9/6/16

Morning - Did the regular chores of preparing breakfast and lunch, sweeping and cleaning the vessels.

Afternoon - Had lunch, read and napped for a while. Did a load of laundry (wash, dry and fold).

Evening - Again it was the regular stuff like preparing milk/coffee, lighting the pooja lamp, and study time with the kids. My friends daughter came for studying.

Night - Along with the dinner preparations, I baked peanut butter cookies and they turned out really well. The kids and my hubby loved it :)

Again couldn't go out for a walk :-( At this rate I think I will start regular walks only after the schools reopen.

10. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

great to see ur daily chores..simple yet they are quite challenging wen u do it on a daily basis!!!! may be u can hire a maid for the dishes and sweeping might save time for ur brisk walk!!!

kkrish, AkilaMani and rajinee like this.