1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. vijkirsha

vijkirsha Senior IL'ite

Hi anu and veeramachaneni,
    Nice to read your updates.
    18/8
    Morning got up prepared breakfast and lunch as i have to go for my daughter swimming classes started after summer vocation.

Came from class and taken small nap along with dd.
    Evening went out with hubby for groceries and milk.
    Came home and prepared dinner.
    Me and my hubby had dinner and my daughter did not had rice so given yogurt.

19/8
    Got up by 7 and prepared veg briyani and packed lunch for my hubby, same for breakfast also.
    I was feeling lazy because after 10 days vocation, for hubby office started.
    Boiled egg for dd and we both taken bath
    Fed egg to dd and i had lunch.
    Tried to make sleep dd atlast i also slept
    Evening went to park with dd and went for long walk .
    Came home and prepared chapathi with bombay chutney., ckeabed kitchen top, sink and prepared idli mavu so that 1 week i can use that.
    Washed all the dishes and had dinner.
    Going to sleep

1 person likes this.
  2. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,

Yest after gng home, set the cooked for carrot and potato sambar and rice and chapathi for myself, but DH called later and said he wont be coming home for dinner. So today morning, the same sambar rice for lunch for all of us, BF is bread and juice. Evening will go home and DD has a playdate tomm so have to drop her.
    Tomm I will be wfh since we will be getting a new fridge delivered tomm and have to stay at home. Friday will come to office and last day of summer camp for DD.

2 people like this.
  3. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

Hi Anu, VijKrisha - Nice to read your updates.

My Updates 08/19:

Woke up took shower got ready had coffee and Reached work by 7 am.

I Went out with my colleagues for lunch today.

After coming back from work it is 7pm.

DH is not feeling well and he is trying to sleep but DD is not letting him to.

I made him buttermilk and made some Idly and after he ate that gave him tablets and told him to sleep.

After that I made DD eat her Dinner, Gave her Bath and we picked her dress that she is going to wear to school.

We selected the matching hair clips and shoes and kept them aside for DD. This is one of her fav thing to do.

after that I ate dinner. cooked food for tomorrow .

Made yogurt

made DD brush her teeth and we went to bed.

3 people like this.
  4. Chulbuli04

Chulbuli04 Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I was a silent reader of this thread.
    Now i want to track my day to day activities and share some fun time with you ppl.

21/8

Got up by 4.30 AM
    Did Upma, Rasam, Rice and Beans poriyal. (Ofcourse my DH helped with these. He will pack our lunch boxes)
    Had horlicks got ready and left home by 6.30 to work (DH drops me in office daily and goes to his work)
    Will reach home by 7.30 PM.
    Dinner would be prepared by MIL.

Will update else tomorrow.

2 people like this.
  5. varadhan8

varadhan8 Bronze IL'ite

29/8
    slept by 4 in Mrng my kid didn't sleep so wake up by 10.
    Prepared coffee.
    fed son with fruits

took bath. Meanwhile cleaned bathroom
    prepared lunch spinach aloo, rasam, French fries, avail, sadam

Fed my son
    washed utensils
    went out for purchase
    cm back n cooked sadam for dinner.
    washed utensils n cleaned kitchen. No laundry today

1 person likes this.
  6. vijkirsha

vijkirsha Senior IL'ite

Hi Anu,veera,chulbuli,varadhan....

As my friend's hubby is in out of station, so myself going there to sleep and most of the time spending time there... Enjoyed ladies talk for almost a weekhugsmiley

This week i have got results for JLPT(Japanese basic level exam...)... I have cleared that.... My hubby is very happy for me.... But many of the people are jealous and i am feeling like why people are like this... Apart from me, everyone is eager to know the results....

Ok sorry for boring... this all running in my mind...

Today morning got up late by 9...

Had leftovers of yesterday night... because yesterday vinayagar chathurthi... so prepared so many items - kolakattai,payasam,pongal,sundal...

Went to hospital as i am having dry cough for more than a month.... It is not at all reducing.... But hospital is closed... So when returning itself finished weekly shopping and bought a flask for my MIL...

After coming to home, dried the clothes , fed dd yogurt as she didn't had breakfast.

Prepared tomato rice and mushroom kuruma fwor lunch.

DD and hubby were slept in afternoon so i did crochet for sometime....

Evening had tea and again crocheting....

Fed milk to dd and some snacks... Cleaned the garbage area and organized them....

Prepared rava and maida flour for dosa...Yesterday chutney is there. Have to prepare dosa once hubby arrives(went for playing)...

3 people like this.
  7. Madhumagie

Madhumagie Silver IL'ite

Krishnamma !
    u r a real inspiration , thanks for nice picx Keep rocking !

Luv
    Magie

8. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,

Could not post from many days, since it is vacation period here, most of my team members are on leave and lot of work at office. At home last week being gowri and ganesha festivals, had to visit temple and friends house for dinner invitations, DD's school and regular home activities.

Dear Vijikrishna,

congrats on completing your Japanese language course, I can understand how hard it must be, since I am also learning German here.

Today made beans sambar and rice for lunch and BF was bread. Came home at 5PM and cooked bhendi gojju and semebadanekayi sambar. Teaching DD her homework and now to have dinner and sleep.

2 people like this.
  9. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Chulbuli and Vijkirsha,

Welcome to this thread :)

Hi Anu,
    Welcome back :)

Hi Priya, Mahe, Shara, and everyone else,

I have been MIA for sometime now, had a bit of health issues, which are slowly getting resolved. The general cleaning had taken a backseat for a while and I restarted only this week.

For ganesh chathurti, I made my ganesha with wheat flour and painted with water and acrylic colors. It turned out really well. I have posted the pics here.

Both my DDs enjoyed the whole process of making and painting it. It was absolute fun :)

This week I cleaned and organized my and both DDs wardrobes. Coming weekend planning to do DHs.

1 person likes this.
  10. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,

Its been a couple of days since I posted, sorry, been so busy these days. My updates from weekend until today:

Saturday:
    There was Ganesha chathurthi celebrations planned in Frankfurt and we went there,had a good puja, met all friends, had prasadam and DD insisted on going to one of her friends house from there along with them directly. Since we were meeting anyway for sendoff dinner for another common friend, we sent her. Evening had the send off party, and came home very late,DD was complaining of throat pain already.:confused2:

Sunday:

Morning woke up late, cleaners had come, prepared lunch and DD started getting fever, gave her calpol and salt and hot water to gargle for her throat.:drowning Washed a batch of clothes, prepared Idli batter, Ironed clothes and watched serial and helped DD for homework.

Monday:

Since I was working from home, and temp had come down for DD, sent her to school but she called me at lunch break and said she was unwell,:-( went to pick her, and called doctor for appointment, but it was full, so went to pharmacy and bought Paracetamol and gave her and fed her lunch and she slept for 2 hours. Evening, again it seemed to increase, so prepared khasaya(milk, turmeric, dhaniya, pepper and cinnamon). Thank god it worked and she was feeling better. Fed her dinner and again gave her half glass khasaya and she slept well.

Tuesday:

DH suggested that DD should take rest at home and he offered to work from home. So morning woke up at 6:30 AM and prepared Idli and coconut chutney for BF and Khichdi for lunch and packed the same for me and came to office. DD called me several time from home to update me on her status :) . Left office at 4 and picked up some essential stuff for home and reached home at 5:30. DH gave me coffee and I was relieved to see DD back to normal. Prepared cucumber sambar and had dinner and slept early.

Today:

Woke up at 6:30 AM, prepared Vangibath for lunch and bread and juice for BF. Gave DD chocos and khasaya again and she went to school. :thumbsupCame to office at 8:45. Completed the urgent work and now having coffee and browsing IL for sometime.

1 person likes this.