1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Sonali222

Sonali222 Gold IL'ite

Hiiiii ladies today hardly woke up by 6 30 as for my DH today is holiday

cooked veg biryani for lunch & upma for break fast got ready in a casual dress reached office

Yesterday tried to clean copper vessels but i cannot did that today have to gfinish that work

1 person likes this.
  2. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

Hello Everyone - Hope you all had a nice weekend.

My Updates : Saturday :

I woke up had coffee and made peanut chutney and Ravva Dosa. It came well.

I started cleaning after the breakfast and started moving and rearranging the art and furniture around. finally I think I am happy.

Its already 1pm before I realized and we went out for lunch and took DD to museum

we stayed there till 6pm and on our way back we did groceries.

Its 8 when we reached home. I just ate food and slept.

Sunday :
    woke up had coffee made Idly.

went to an art gallery watched some paintings and got one that is in my budget.

hanged the painting up as soon as we returned home.

Came back made sambar and we all ate lunch.

After lunch DD and DH went to bed while I clean kitchen

Loaded dishes in the dishwasher

Hand washed some heavy ones.

I made some yogurt

had coffee and watched a movie/

After that I started doing my Laundry

Went to swimming pool with DD and Dh

came back we all took showers and I did another load of laundry.

Went to the garden and plucked the veggies we have quite a bit of Okra, tomatoes, capsicum, chillies, gongura came up this week.

After that I fed Dd her Dinner and folded clothes and put them away.

About to eat dinner and going to bed.

1 person likes this.
  3. Sonali222

Sonali222 Gold IL'ite

Hiiii alllll

Enjoyed Sunday in sleeping fully woke up very lazily at 10'O clock by that time my DH woke up did his works and waiting for me to wake up

he bought BF from outside and then we ate

then started mt cleaning cooking completed by 1 then ate my lunch and again slept by 2 woke up at 7 30 again cooked food & ate by 9 then again slept by10

Mopnday:Woke up at 6'0 clock cooked curry and dal me got ready and reached office

2 people like this.
  4. IndianLady009

IndianLady009 Gold IL'ite

Thanks so much veeramachaneni.

Yes..as usual today I came to office...

Morning woke up at 6.30(Yday slept late)
    Kid is sick,so had to take care of him..Finished the cooking etc by 8.30
    took the kids to the doc and came home by 10.30
    then to office..will leave at 5.30
    Then feed kids..take care of kid..luckily he is getting better.

2 people like this.
  5. veeramachaneni

Hi Akhila, Shara, Chitra - How are you all doing?

Hi IndianLady - Sorry to hear that. Hope your kid feels better soon.

Hi Sonali - You are one of those lucky people to sleep for that long.
    Glad to know that you relaxed well on your weekend.

I didn't do anything on Monday. After my 13 hr work I felt so tired and slept after eating Dinner.

I was able to read one book to DD.

During my lunch break I went to shopping (looking for some nice curtains) and didn't buy anything. That made me more tired.

That's all.

Hope all is well.

1 person likes this.
  6. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Priya,

Am good, it was a long weekend, was a bit busy so didn't get time to update here. Hope you are feeling better today. Yes, I understand when you say that not buying a thing after looking around for it makes you tired... happens to me too :)

Hi Sonali,

Seems like you had a great sunday with sleep - cook - eat - sleep routine!! It would have been even better if there was no cooking involved at all.... someday I would love to do a sleep - eat - sleep for one day :) enjoy dear!!

IndianLady,

Hope your child is well now. Take care.

3 people like this.
  7. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My update:

Saturday:
    My kids performed karagattam at the Singapore Heritage Fest. It was a cute performance of kids doing various forms of Indian folk style dances. The age group was 5 to 10 and the all the children were so cute and the performance was lively. My children enjoyed putting on the makeup and were lovely on stage. I for one can never go on stage and face people. I am glad my kids are getting early exposure and they can overcome their shyness and stage fright soon.

After the performance, my DH and I went to meeting and my MIL and kids went home. Here I have to say, I was so ill-informed about the event we were going. I had presumed that it was about environmental seminar and what we found was a set-up where they were trying to persuade us to invest in some obscure tree that is supposed to produce expensive oil :spin

I was the person who got the call and without making proper inquiry I agreed to go and asked my DH to tag along. But he was a good sport and we enjoyed all the blah blah of how profitable it could be for us, but we politely declined and escaped from therebie1

Sunday

Again had the same performance but at a different location. After the performance went to the west coast park with a friend's family. All the kids had a great time and we all too had a nice time catching up and chatting. Got home late at night.

Monday

Got up late. Did a bit of cleaning, laundry, cooked veg biriyani, helped dd to clean up her bookshelf and do homework. Applied hair pack for the kids and myself and had refreshing long bath :)

In the evening, took younger DD to cut her hair. She had been wanting to cut her hair but was waiting for the performance to get over. she had hair until her hips, now she has chopped it off to just below shoulder. She looks very pretty now :) MIL was slightly opposed to the idea, but after seeing dd jumping about happily and shaking her head until she is dizzy, MIL too is happy about it :)

I am ok with long or short hair. It doesn't seem like a chore to me to plait their hair in the morning (both had hip length hair) for school. But I am happy she has her mane trimmed off. The elder one still is happy with her long hair, and so am I :)

2 people like this.
  8. Sonali222

Sonali222 Gold IL'ite

Hiiii ladies Good morning yesterday is a sudden holiday for us on Ramzan holiday woke up early and got ready by 7 and did all cooking for whole day by that time

Asked DH to go for a Hanuman temple as my 11 week fasting on tuesdays completed by yesterday

DH hardly took me and i wanna do 108 rounds but my DH said that y u dont tell me beforestarting noe it will take time for us to wait here and do that rounds is not necessary now by that words me got angry and asked to start home

we reached home by 10 and me slept till 2'o clock mean while DH ate food and enjoyed with gadgets and all

by 3 we started for a telugu movie i enjoyed that movie very well and my DH was so upset by that movie

After finishing movie did some grocery shopping and reached home by 10

today:

woke up by 6 cooked food and got ready reached office very early

1 person likes this.
  9. veeramachaneni

Hi Akhila - Very nice to hear that your Daughters performed at the Sigapore Fest. You must be very excited to see them on stage.

I know about those marketing calls I hate it when they chew us out. I had once been to a time sharing meeting and it went on and on for like 2 hrs.

I love long hair. I never had long hair may be tats the reason that I like long hair :)

Good to read your updates. Nice that you are making effort to put hair packs on you and DD. I should do that.

Hi Sonali - Nice to read your updates. Good that you completed your Pooja. Which movie did you watch? I am also telugu.

My Updates:

Today I came back from work at 7pm. After I came home I watered the plants we already have leftovers so no need to cook today.

I went to a fabric shop got some lace and fabric - plan is to sttch some pillow covers, add some lace at the end of my curtains.

I started a lot of projects that I need to finish before I start anything new.

After coming back from the store ate Dinner and off to Bed.

10. Sonali222

Sonali222 Gold IL'ite

Good morning all
    Yesterday my parents came home as usual cooked chicken rasam

Today me woke up by 6 30 did my egg curry and came to office isnce no one woke up by my reaching time

@veeramachaneni: Watched alludu seenu movie

1 person likes this.