1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Hello friends,

My updates since past couple of days:

Tue & Wed:

I was working from home and had my friends daughter come over to our house. Both DD and her friend played and enjoyed. DH is on travel and will be back this evening.

Thu:
    Yest evening, my friend came and picked up DD for sleepover and today she has a playdate in their house. I woke up at 6AM, had shower,did Puja and packed yesterdays leftover upma for BF and reached office by 7:45AM.
    Called DD and she is having a fun time with friends, then into work now.
    DH will be back today evening and we will pick DD and for the 4 days long Easter weekend we are going to Austria. So more updates after I am back.
    Missing voting day today in Bangalore.

Have a great holiday season.

4 people like this.
  2. Sonali222

Sonali222 Gold IL'ite

Hiiiii Friday again good morniing morning a bit late woke up by 7 15 did Bitter guord fry and chikudu tomato curry for DH got ready and reached office

2 people like this.
  3. shaluu

shaluu Gold IL'ite

Maintaining a real clean kitchen since past few days. Achieving this by not keeping any pending dirty vessels. Wanted to share this happiness with you friends :)

5 people like this.
  4. abhigail

abhigail Silver IL'ite

Hi Everyone,
    Coming back after a relaxing working week with a hoilday yesterday for gen. elections in karnataka.
    Mon, tues and wed regular days: cooking, packing and entertaining DS till afternoon and leaving to ofc late and coming back and cooking, playing with DS and cleaning.
    Yesterday was a holiday here, so woke up at 9am prepared talipeet for brkfst, rice and mooli sambhar for lunch. went to parlour after 1 month to pamper myself and came back attended a meeting then prepared chapatti, brinjal sabji, played and fed DS and slept at 12 as usual after the cleaning.
    I have decided to dedicate sometime for myself to take care of myself. My skin is become very dry and lifeless as i have stopped taking much care. So bought creams for my hands and legs and made 4 1/2 ltr bottle to keep reminding me of drinking water regulary.

Hope i stick to this plan , atleast 2 ltr of water everyday.
    what says friends, anything else that can help pls suggest.

4 people like this.
  5. SoundVijay

SoundVijay Gold IL'ite

Hai all,

Its been a very very longtime since i posted my updates. How are u all? would read the updates later and let me give mine first :)

Got up at 6.30 today morning and prepared bitter guard fry, kovakkai curry and sambar. I am dedicating half an hour daily for cleaning the house and prepared a timetable and trying to follow it religiously.

@Shaluu: Great job and do share pics if possible it would be helpful for us

@abhigal: Good you decided to spend sometime for u. The first thing that i did is to maintain a separate bottle for me and drink water from it. This helps out a lot. It works out for me and hope it helps you too. All the best :)

4 people like this.
  6. Sonali222

Sonali222 Gold IL'ite

Hiiii alll a very good morning and a week start from friday my DH is having holidays till yesterday for Good friday and as usual holidays for saturday and sunday for me no holidays and i have to work me did my as usual routine

Saturday:Woke up at 7 cooked veg biryani for DH me went for a session on the way to session went to temple and sat therefor half an hour afternoon there was a office lunch and reached home by 4

Sunday:full work prepared mutton curry DH and me cleaned full house mopped all shelves and designed bed room and kitchen neatly

Monday:woke up at 6 30 cooked bitter gourdcurry and banana fry got ready and reached office by 9

2 people like this.
  7. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,

Hope all of you are doing fine.

My routines are same by which I mean my activities are all guided by others' needs and timings. Since last week I am back on ortho's medication. Others didn't give me much relief. But browsing on net gave me some idea what I have is not planter faci-itis, may be sesa moitis. Good thing is I happened to consult a different doctor in the same hospital and he was kind enough to hear what I am saying. He is trying to eliminate different causes and zero in on what I have so that I could be given proper medication. So I am just on analgesic right now which has given me much relief. He already had eliminated both itis.

So as I had a good relief, I really wanted to clean my terrace garden and sow some new seeds this weekend as I was only watering and nothing else. On Sunday after breakfast I started to move all pots one by one and clean the mud underneath and dry leaves. My kith and kins all came as if to help but in few minutes all eloped???? By 12.30 it was too hot also it was time to make ready the lunch, as I had kept only rice and soaked tamarind for doing tamarind rice. DH did help me by folding clothes, changing sheets etc. So can't complain. Took bath, prepared lunch, saw tv. Again by 5 did remaining cleaning, re-arranged the posts and now my terrace looks very neat. Made more space for more pots.

To encourage kids, I have assigned 2or 3 pots to each. Told them that I will water, manure and let me see whose pots' plants grow first and healthy. There is no assignment for them. Just I want them to see the assigned pot with new saplings and to monitor the growth which will eventually interest them.

Today I made spinach from my garden.

Otherwise, DD's holiday starts from tomorrow. Son writing few entrance exams. I am keeping pace with them.

Regards
    Manjukps

4 people like this.
  8. Sonali222

Sonali222 Gold IL'ite

Hiii good morningn a bit late to post here Daily i will keepalarm for 6 30 today offed aalrm and slept for more half an hour then woke up and did cauliflower curry and palak dal for break fast chapati for DH then got ready and reached office

2 people like this.
  9. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Hello friends,

I am back after a 4 day long weekend. Our Austria trip was good, we needed that break and DD enjoyed so much. Seeing her enjoyment, we remembered our childhood.
    Today morning, woke up at 6AM, prepared brinjal rice and had cereal for BF and took dd and dropped her at vacation camp near our office and came to office at 9:15. Again I have to pick her up at 4 PM. This will continue until Friday this week and from Monday her school starts..phew!!:clap

3 people like this.
  10. abhigail

abhigail Silver IL'ite

Hello all,
    Back after a free weekend and a little hectic monday.
    My nanny took a off on sat and sun is her weekly off so this weekend I was fully a mom taking full care of my DS and prepared new dishes for him.

Sat: Made paddu with chutney (DS loves them) and rice and sambhar for lunch with ragi+buttermilk ambli ( its a cooling drink for summer)
    Dinner prepared chappati, mix veg dry sabji with rice

Sun: prepared avalakki for us and ragi malt for DS, after tried Kashmiri pulao ( 1st time) and DS enjoyed andcurd rice. Went out to the park so that DS could play and had sugarcane juice and samosa jilebee. Night DH ordered pizza as i didnot want to cook anything and vessels were piled up from afternoon for cleaning.

Monday was regular, work started for the week