1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Thank you ladies for all your enquiries. Sorry I am not able to address individually. Being exams are on for dd spending more time with her. For ds school re opened. Also he needs mite off time at least to give him company. Also being my in-laws are here mite adjustments had to be made in cooking as well timings.
    My leg pain still exists. I felt in Siddha they are giving medicines for general leg pain for bone deterioration in 40+. So I didn't feel any improvement even are a month of medication and oil massages. Again my husband insisted and took me to another ortho hospital. There the doctor assessed the condition as planter fasciitis. So now on physiotherapy and mild medication. Anyway because of this I can't afford to lose my routines. So that is going on as usual. New using slippers inside home too.

Will give my updates now and then. But I am reading all posts here and give likes. I spouse it will be like this till my son's college admission.

REGARDS

MANJUKPS

6 people like this.
  2. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

Hello Every one - Happy New Year!!

I am back to the thread after holidays and I am trying to fall back on my routine. All guests left on 1st. I still have tons of cleaning to do. Which I am planning on doing with a slow phase.

How is every one doing? Didn't go through all the previous posts.

Will post my updates little later today.

5 people like this.
  3. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi, Home cleaning is going on becoause of pongal festival... Half done...

Manju mam, take care of your health...
    Priya, welcome back...
    Smiley..... nice resolution this new year...
    Shalu... happy cleaning....
    Hi to kk mam, vani, abhi, Akila, soundarya, jeni and others :hiya

5 people like this.
  4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Manju,

Take care of your health dear. I know your routine cannot wait for your leg pain to improve, but please do only what your health permits and what you can bear. take care.

Hi Smiley, thanks dear for the appreciation :) it is a good idea to set reminders thru apps. I haven't tried them. I use only my diary for reminding myself of less frequent household works.

Hi Shaluu,
    Your organizing rocks!! great going :)

Hi Mahe, KK, abhigail, vani, and everyone on this thread :)

My updates are the usual, not much of organizing going on now, it is only on maintenance mode. I need to do clearup some of the kitchen shelves and wardrobes. Hopefully will get to it coming weekend.

3 people like this.
  5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hello everyone!
    I was busy till Sunday. My ES's flight was postponed due to poor weather and so all three of them were home till Sunday.

Just before the New Year arrived I read this joke that a New Year resolution is a "to-do" list for the first week of January :).
    So I postponed making any resolution till today - the fist week of January.

While reflecting back on where I was steady the whole year -

• cleaning the sink every night. Well, that was one thing that I took care 95% of the year. There were days I let go but that did not affect much.
    • Washing a load everyday - this I started being regular only the past few months.
    • Decluttering 15 minutes - I should say I did this 50%.
    • Following zonal clean up - I should say 50% here too.

Well, last year I had too many distractions in my life - good and bad; so there were many days I just could not do much.

So these are the areas I should work on and improve. Let me see how I go about them.
    The past 10 days I could not wash my clothes everyday. Both my sons were taking turns using the WM and dryer.

Sunday - I washed three batches of clothes, folded and put them away.
    I even managed to exercise 30 minutes.
    Monday: I was very tired and sleepy so did not do much in the evening.
    I enjoyed the holidays too much and am finding it boring to get back to normal routine I think. :)
    Nice to read all your updates, though I am unable to give feedback to each. But I gave a like to all.

Take care and smile always!

5 people like this.
  6. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Hello all friends,

I am back after a very very long time, but I was reading all your updates though. It keeps me motivated.

WISH YOU ALL A VERY HEALTHY, HAPPY & PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!!!

For our winter vacation we had been to southern German cities of Nurenberg and Munich and also Alps of the German side. We went to the highest point in Germany at 2600 M and it was freezing there on the Alps(-5 degrees). It was a wonderful experience for DD, DH and me. This vacation was for a whole week. After coming back, hosted the new year dinner party in our house with potluck dinner. We all had a gala time and burst some crackers too and went to the river Main and saw the awesome fireworks from the bridge.

DD school started from yesterday and my German classes starts from next Monday. I have this week free for myself. I think I have put on weight after coming here, because of all the rich food and diary products, though we consciously buy the low fat milk and yoghurt, I think the lack of exercise adds to the weight, specially when I am at home. So, there was a exercise cycle lying idle in the balcony,have brought it in and yet to start seriously. DD plays with it more often than me. Need motivation.

Today morning DH left to business trip and back on Thursday night. Prepared Pongal for lunch and chocos for DD for BF. After she left, had bath, did puja and then had 2 slices of whole corn brown bread with jam. Then went to supermarket to buy some essentials. Came back, had coffee, browsed, then had lunch and watched a telugu movie on net. Had a nap of 1 hours and DD back at 4.30PM. Gave her snacks and made tea. I had the cleaners come last Tuesday before the new year party and this week again they come on Friday, so felt Kitchen needed some cleaning, so, swept, mopped and cleaned the counters, felt good.

From tomorrow, will plan to do the cycling at least 30 min everyday without fail.

Akila, Krish mam, Mahesaran, Jeni, Manju and all others, big HI from me.

Will try to post everyday.

6 people like this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Manju,

some unsolicited advice here after reading this
    Plantar fasciitis is a common condition that I deal with as I work with different yoga students. Therapy is awesome and I wanted to suggest some yoga poses that give a good relief to this and strengthen the foot as well.

1. Sitting in vajrasana - with heels close together and then shifting up to your toes will help. If it is difficult to get heels close together initially, spread them out by bringing just the toes together behind you. Stretch your legs as shown but make sure your heels are digging in and your toes are pointed up. To help you, you can make use of a duppata or a tie around your feet and holding with your hands.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. My favorite poses for this - downward dog. After you get into the pose, stretch your legs by getting on to your feet, hold for a couple of breaths and bring the heel down or try to. Foot against the wall is another pose that really works for me. I try to keep the heel closer to the wall and try to stand up more straight. The stretch I get is unbelievable.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

contd..................

Image sources from internet.

6 people like this.
  8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

3. This will seem and is a little hard unless you have good arm strength. The second picture is the actual pose - chaturanga dandasana. But you can stretch those foot muscles using the first one, plank pose. Just make sure that your wrists and shoulders are in the same line so that you won't hurt your shoulders. Typically you should not feel the weight on any part of the body but should feel completely stretched.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Please be sure to check with your therapist before you try any of these poses. I am not sure of your exercise routine and I don't want you to get injured by trying what I have suggested or looking at the pictures. Remember they are only suggestions and do only as much as it is comfortable for you.

I hope your pain reduces soon and you will be back on your feet :)

Image sources are from internet.

6 people like this.
  9. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Hello friends,

Today morning woke up at 6.30 AM, and prepared cabbage sambar and packed for DD. BF was donuts and milk for her, brown bread for me. After she left, had bath, did puja, ate BF, scrolled mails, browsed and then loaded the WM and folded and put away the other clothes. Had lunch, made calls to India and slept for an hour. DD arrived, gave her snacks and milk and had coffee. Now, for night will make veg pulao and have soaked chole for tomorrow. Will exercise for 30 min and then take head bath and have dinner and sleep.

3 people like this.
  10. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Hello Manju mam, Just now saw your post and aware of your health issue.....pls take care.....
    As sabitha mam said, we have specific asanas to cure this easily and completely along with your medication. So pls start doing this after your doctor's consultation. You can take any yoga guru assistance or our virtual guru srama mam too....:0 (@ srama - without your permission i said this sorry, but i know you are also a yoga guru at your place, am i right?)

Take care Manju mam.....

5 people like this.