1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. SoundVijay

SoundVijay Gold IL'ite

Hai,

Yesterday got up and sent my DD to school. Then swept the floor and washed some vessels. Reached office and went home in the evening. Washed vessles and cleaned the sink & cooktop. Played with my DD and went to bed at 11PM :-(.

Manju Mam: All the best and congratukations :). Give us some tips so that we could also learn and master it:hide:

Abhigail: Welcome back. Ganesha festival went on fine :). Hope you enjoyed the festival too.

Sound

4 people like this.
  2. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

yesterday reached home at 5.30pm. Prepared coffee and snacks and feed to dd. Grind idli podi. Washed my ds's stuffs and sterilize it. Folded all the dried clothes. Arranged my ds's wardrobe. Spent some time in watching tv. Prepared dinner and have it. Then played with my kids. went to bed by 11pm.

today wakeup at 6.45am. Prepared coffee and have it. sent my dd to school. Then prepared b'fast and lunch and packed the boxes. Left home by 9.30am

2 people like this.
  3. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Manju mam, now you are a business women.... great. All the best for you.
    Hi jeni....
    Hi Soundarya, Even i am proud of my son that he is different from others.... but it will take time for him to understand..
    Welcome back Aabhi...

My updates,
    Thursday: woke up at 5:30,prepared pulka with soya chunk-paneer gravy, pulka, dosa with coconut chutney, mosambi juice, veg and fruit salad. worked out for 30 min, went to sai baba temple, prepared adai for me,cleaned the kitchen counter , vessels, hand washed clothes, surfing for 2 hrs, then read a novel in net, mobbed the kitchen and hall, Went for a brisk walk, played shuttle in the evening. prepared idli batter, meanwhile ds was studying. prepared white and wheat dosa and tomato chutney for dinner. Talked to brother and mom as mom was not able to walk even two steps within the home. Feeling so bad that i was not with her when she is in need of some help. Couldn't sleep well , some disturbance. Then diverted my mind and read Pooniyin Selvan- 3 episodes. then slept at 11:30.

3 people like this.
  4. abhigail

abhigail Silver IL'ite

Congrats Manju mam, great going. Nice to see that in your busy schedule, you will be running your small scale business now. We women are really much stronger then men (mentally). All the best
    Hi Jeni, looks like you have joined back work. How are you managing the 2 lil ones plus work?
    Hi Masheran, as usual busy busy day filled with cooking variety of food and exercising.
    My Updates:
    House is still little messed up after we came back from in-laws place. Had got sweets for neighbours, distributed them. Gave some sweets in the office.
    DS is missing all the crowed we had at inlaws place during festival.
    For me it was a good break from office work, but had loads of festival preparations and cooking cleaning and taking care of DS full time.
    today gotup at 6am, prepared brkfst poha and lemon rice for lunch. Office work started from 8.30 itself and it ate up my time fully till 10. Left home at 10 and reached office.

3 people like this.
  5. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Dear all,

I have been a silent reader of all your posts everyday but was unable to post. I have started my German language class and it is very interesting and nice. So, my daily routine on weekdays is more or less the same.
    I wake up by 6.30 AM and cook lunch and breakfast and wake up DD by 7.15 AM and give her BF and get her ready and I also get ready parallely. Then put her in school bus by 8.30 and I also leave for the class. 9 to 12 class, then back home by 12.30. Catch up on mails and browse a little, then have lunch, then skype/ calls to India and then take rest for 1 hour and then DD arrives at 4.30PM. Then snacks and milk for her, dinner prep, DH arrives and tea with him, then Dinner, and watch Big boss 7 and sleep by 10 PM.
    Today, sunday, morning woke up late and calls to India, then had muffins and coffee. Prepared Beans sambar and tomato rasam and papad for lunch. Hubby left to Paris at 7 PM, he is back tomorrow night.
    Yesterday night, tried a new recipe, capsicum curry and chapati, DH and DD liked it very much. Actually I found out the trick, the masalas are same for all north Indian recipe, only the vegetables change the test. Will try to prepare more such gravy based curries instead of the routine sambar, rasam and poriyal.
    Now, have to do my German language homework, bye Ladies.

5 people like this.
  6. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi everyone :)

Nice to read all your updates :)

@Manju, congrats dear!! take care of your health.

@Mahe, talk to the class teacher if your son is affected by all the teasing. Also be supporting and encouraging to him. Tell him repeadetly that people who bully and tease are either suffering from inferiority complex or do not undersand when something is different. There is nothing wrong with him, its only them. He will understand with time. Take care. BTW your weight loss ticker is sooooo inspiring!! way to go dear :)

@Anu,
    Your routine is soooo nice. Happy to see that you are enjoying your German lessons, enjoy :)

@Sarah,
    Such mouth-watering snacks!!! how I wish we were neighbours!!

@Hi Abhi, Sound, Jeni, KK, Vidhu and everyone else on this thread :)

1 person likes this.
  7. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My updates

I haven't posted any updates for weeks now... nothing much different... its the same of office, home, and schoolwork.

We went for a short vacation to Bintan, Indonesia, two weeks ago and it was a fabulous trip. Kids, MIL, DH and myself relaxed and enjoyed a lot. We did snorkeling for the first time, and it was fantastic!!

Saturday & Sunday

Cooking:
    This saturday being Puratasi (tamil month) Sani (saturday), we did pooja at home, made neivedhiyam of 5 mixed variety rices, sarakari pongal, vadai, payasam, moorkuzhambu vadai.

Sunday, prepared almond biscuits thinking I will store it in a container and it will be for the whole week for kids to snack on in the evening. They turned out pretty well and were all gone by the time I took out the last batch!! so only a few left now ;-) Also had a friend over for dinner, so prepared chapati with mutter panner.

Exercising: On both saturday and sunday, somehow found the time and energy to go out and jog and do a bit of exercising. So happy about that :)

Cleaning & Organizing: Swept & Mopped, cleaned bathroom, kitchen counter top. Made a few changes in the arrangement of bookshelves and study tables, and now the rooms look spacious. Arranged both DD's booksleves and their toys shelves and art/craft shelves.

Tips on organizing Art & Craft Materials

1. Keep them separate from the toys, because it is a pain to segregate everytime.

2. Separate the completed drawings/paintings, work-in-progress, and fresh papers into separate folders and label them.

3. Keep the cut colour papers into a separate folder. I alway ask them to finish the cut ones before giving them new ones.

4. Separate colour pencils, crayons, painting materials into different penstands. Keep only a max of 2-3 shades of each colour. We tend to collect a lot of these colour pencils and crayons and there is just too much lying around. So I keep the extras separately and replace when they are almost over.

5. Keep beads, twines, thread rolls, colour ribbons ect in a box (keep only the minmum what they will use, otherwise everything with become tangled in no time ;-))

6. Completed craft work may not always fit into folders/files. Display them around the house and Keep a cardboard box to store them.

5 people like this.
  8. shaluu

shaluu Gold IL'ite

A BIG hi to all you dearies!

Thanks for your encouragement on me waking up @ 4:30 :)

Mahe, yeah I was very busy due to office work dear. Akila has advised so well regarding your son's problem

Shara, my hubby leaves at 7 AM, and I am a very slow cook :drowning so I am waking up at that time to get BF and lunch ready. I also love the peacefulness I get when I wake up that early :)

Anupama, I really liked reading your schedule, so organized and you are also learning German with so much enthu!

kkrish mam, missing you. Hope you are having a great time!

My updates:

Saturday:
    It was first purattasi shanivaram for us. We prepare food and offer to Lord Balaji during these 5 saturdays.
    Prepared neivedhyam rice, pappu charu, mudda pappu, aratikaya, gummadikaya and munakkaya vepudu (curries of plantain, red pumpkin and drumstick), vada, payasam and pindi deepam (rice flour jaggery sweet in which we make a depression fill with ghee and a lamp wick then light it). Offered this to Balaji then had our lunch.

Sunday:
    DH and Dad did a thorough cleaning of the area under the stairs which was used as a dumping ground for everything. We could not walk in there. They disposed/recycled a lot. We keep our shoe racks there. I cleaned and arranged the foot wear back. Now, we can just walk in there and see & pick up footwear :)

This week I am planning to get our room cleaned. There is no clutter but my accessories, books and clothes need to be arranged. So planning for 30 mins work on these daily :)

Have a great week girls!

3 people like this.
  9. prathibhahp

prathibhahp Silver IL'ite

Hey Ladies,

Can you please fill me in as to what you guys are going about in this thread? I would like to join you all. I need to manage my time as well for the necessary things like cooking healthy meals, cleaning and most importantly EXERCISE. All I see is everybody updating about how your day went.. I am not able to pick up any tips, clues which can help me.. I AM LOST!!

10. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Thank you you Soundarya, Abhi, Mahe and Akila for your wishes.

Nice Abhi had a nice vacation. The cleaning up after vacation is the price we have to pay, but we do it with new energy.

Good to know you started attending German language class. We should use this time of children going to school, when we don't have to worry about them.

Mahe great going as usual.

Jeni, hope the kiddo is well accustomed with new nanny and you have settled to office routines too.

For my updates.

Holidays started for ds, but having coaching class from 10.30 to 4. So now I have to drop and pick him as my dh leaves before he starts. Then drop dd around 12.15. On cooking front it is all same, breakfast lunch, packing etc. Now my parents have shifted to the place which is on the way to main road, my frequency of visiting them have increased, though it may be for 10 min, while on the go.
    On Saturday myself and dh went for master health check up. Will get result tomorrow. Had breakfast at the lab, lunch at woodlands, came home, both of us had a good sleep. After school kids were at parents place. DH picked them in the evening. Made dosa for dinner. Rest of the day was much relaxed. Last week completed two pieces of bead set necklace, ear-rings, bracelet along with two designer blouses.
    Sunday, got up late. Made veg oats kichadi for first time. For dd made the same in porridge consistency. All liked it. For lunch, rice, tadka dhal, tomato rasam, potato fry, cucumber carrot raitha. After cleaning up helped dd to prepare for today's exam. DS friends came. Made kuzhi paniyaram for snacks. After their exams the seemed to be much relaxed. For dinner made chapathi, made up raitha with more veggies - boiled cauliflower, more carrots, capsicum. Made dhahi in that like kadi and mixed with veggies. For kids tried chapathi with cheese. Both liked both. saw champions league match and slept.
    Today after dropping ds, in IL.
    Take care girls.

Regards
    Manjukps

5 people like this.