1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. shaluu

shaluu Gold IL'ite

Updates for today:

Did one load of laundry and put it to dry

Helped for breakfast and snacks

Started cleaning pantry

2. Gae3

Gae3 Platinum IL'ite

Thank u for the link Manjukps mam,

Its so nice..Also i felt liek I have so much to improve.
    Will update my log today and as you said the start to reform itself is good.
    Will start my journey in this new facet

3. smilysmile

smilysmile Gold IL'ite

Hello everyone,

Kids are sick ,so working at a slow pace ,decluttered for 30 mins.
    Snack -home made vanilla cupcakes

Dinner -drumstick sambhar and rice

Sweeped the living room and kitchen
    Did 2 loads of laundry
    Vaccumed the master bedroom and the kids'rooms
    Organized the game room for 10 mons ,was easy as I decluttered before
    Hand washed 2 loads of dishes, prepared Idly batter

2 people like this.
  4. smilysmile

smilysmile Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamala Ma'am , hope you get well soon

Dear SoundVijay,I hope God help healing your pain

5. abhigail

abhigail Silver IL'ite

Hi Manjukps mam,
    You are right, Summer in Chennai is very very tiring. I was there for a summer for a training.
    So much work and cooking for festival. Nice to read your updates. About your DS, I am sure kids learn by experience, if they have issues with not finding things when in urgency, they will organise it for next time. I have seen that in my DS thou he is very very small. But it has happened. He learns by seeing others do it.
    Bangalore also experiencing a very hot summer. Drains out all your energy by the evening itself.
    Butter milk is an excellent idea. I too make it somedays but only with salt. Will try your ideas.

Wow Akila. great job again. So much of work on just one weekend. you are really an inspiration.
    Great job SoundVijay, Yes time will heal all the pains. You cannot forget your dear ones, but have to carry on with life remembering their good deeds and words.
    Shara, I am waiting for that day, when I'll get some free time for myself. Asking for too much too soon I know. ;) Nice that your hands are getting free from being fully occupied with kids to little time for yourself.
    Hi Doors, Looks like ur enjoying actually enjoying IPL live. I have missed it totally this year. Hoping next year is better.
    Hi KKrish mam, I was about to type, how is your toe now and saw ur post ( I am reading all that I missed in all these days). Hope it heals soon. No idea how your managing with that pain. I keep banging my toe to door frames and it feels like my pran(life) is gone. ( This is exact translation in my MT)
    Hi Gayathri,
    Welcome aboard. Hope you too provide and get inspired here.
    Your counter top looks great. I miss this kind of kitchen from my last US trip. yours is very neat and clean.
    Hi Shaluu, welcome to this thread....
    Hi Smilysmile, Hope kids get well soon. Priority of a mother changes so soon. Rest all take a back seat when kids are not well and need attention.
    My updates:
    Have been down with lots of ups n downs in life. DS not eating rice and some food items at all for past 3 weeks. Parents came for a very very short visit. Couldnot spend much time with them. Feeling tired of the routine work and not able to keep up my energy level.
    Hope everyone had a great Hindu new year. Mine was good.
    Did pooja at home, made sweet (Kari kadabu), lemon rice and curd rice for lunch. Went to temple in the evening. DS enjoyed the barathnatyam dance in the temple by 6 lovely girls.
    Mine was good too, weekend was busy as I was working and utilised those comp off's when my parents were here.
    Got a chance to visit the ragi guda temple with mom, dad and DS in the evening and then went window shopping in Bangalore central. Had dinner outside and they left for a short trip they had planned yesterday morning.

5 people like this.
  6. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Doors,
    Age tags sure sounds like a great way to organize!
    I don't think i deserve this much 'paarattu' (praise) all of you. My DH helped me out a lot and of course my MIL did all the cooking that day, which gave me the time to do what i did.

@Sarah
    How r you dear? It certainly is a interesting book and now i am about to finish the secrets of the nagas... yet to find the thrid part though.

@KK,
    Your toe injury does worry me.... do take care. Hope it all goes away soon.

@Manju,
    Folding away 3 loads of clothes!! you have immense patience dear! but it feels sooo good after having folded and stored all the clothes ....right?

@Gayathri
    Your counter top looks soooo good :)

@Sound,
    Am so happy to know you are getting better sleep time these days! it is a joy to see those smilies in your posts :)

@Abhigail,
    Having parents over and not having time is such a bummer :-( but good to know you did get time to go to temple and dinner with them :) what is this sweet dear? i have not heard of it.... can u share the reciepe?

@Smily,
    It is tough when kids are sick. Take care. You are doing so good... decluttering and organizing really well.

@Gae,
    Welcome to the thread :) i sure hope to see your updates soon.

Hi to everyone on the thread :)

4 people like this.
  7. Gae3

Gae3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi All,

Finally i started to move my A$$ from the couch :biggrin2:

Apart from cooking.
    I started with folding clothes.
    Cooked an extra snack,
    Washed vessels on time.

Want to finish off cooking before noon time.
    But always stuck on internet as morning is the time all my Indian Friends come
    online.

Hoping to catch up with you ladies soon.
    All suggestion are welcome :thumbsup

6 people like this.
  8. shaluu

shaluu Gold IL'ite

4/18 update:

1 load of laundry and put it to dry
    Helped for breakfast, salads, dinner

9. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Nothing much happening last week other than usual routines other than discussions about gold prices and posting of two snippets (in my signature line ) after long time.

Hi Smilysmile,

Take care of kids. True it puts us down too.

Dear Abhi,

You are right. Now he started to lay his uniform before hitting bed. Told me to wake him up 10 min earlier than before as he had to rush always.

Hi Akila,
    Yes. The feeling was great. Anther two loads have piled already. Being summer, more clothes as we use two sets of clothes everyday. Brought those down as it is better here.

Hi Gae3,
    Good. Expecting more updates from you.

Shaalu,
    Expecting more updates from you.

Regards
    Manjukps

3 people like this.
  10. abhigail

abhigail Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

Nice to be back and up from my dull phase ( it happens to me often)

My updates:
    Ok starting with my day, I gotup late and DH did the early morning chores of brinking milk and filling drinking water.
    I made chapatti and sprouts sabji for brkfst cum lunch.
    Ragi ganji for my DS.
    And then started with my hectic office day. Got free time now to login and check IL.

Tomm and day after is off so feeling relaxed. Hope nothing unexpected comes up to spoil my weekend with my DS.

Happy weekend to all

3 people like this.