1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. shaluu

shaluu Gold IL'ite

Sound, thats the way to go girl! Time will heal

2. doors

doors Gold IL'ite

Hey all,

@akila,
    enakku unga reply paathale tired agiduthu ...:bowdown( I get tired by just seeing your replies ).Aanalum neenga too much ah daan vela paakureenga..:thumbsup (You do too much of work).
    My weekend was opposite to yours. Dint do any work. Went for IPL match(RCB vs KKR), cheered waved and got tired :hide:.

Then took parents to ISKCON temple next day.Had nice jalebi's, coconut holige and malpua .

@manju mam and shara,
    wow, so many items , makes my tongue drip :)

Shara ,your lil ones seem to have grown up so fast ...they are already in school travelling by their own.So nice.

Manju mam,
    It always gives a feel good factor to read your posts. So many people visiting, so many dishes being prepared with lots of love .
    When I go to my mom's place I dont even pick a spoon and drop into the sink. I just enjoy the pampering.But when I come back home, I dont even sit for a minute.So am sure your son would know everything and do it when he is supposed to do !

@krish mam,
    How was your lawn mowing session?
    When I was eating chennai grand sweets lemon pickle yesterday I was remembering you/your post and giggling inside.

@shalu
    Keep going shalu,,,just few more days and it will become easier to stick to the time/become a habit :)

@akila and shara
    I completed the shiva trilogy series just last week.
    Though I was not satisfied with the way he ended,reading them was a new experience as such. Could learn so much and could relate so much with the existing world/mythology.

This weekend,
    Planning to segregate DS clothes and put the old ones in the loft with the age tag!
    Taps are still waiting, so will clean them up
    Also some vaccuming/window cleaning.

5 people like this.
  3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear all
    How are you?
    My belated Vishu, Ugadi, Marathi New year, and Tamil New Year! If others celebrated their New Year too ...please accept my wishes. The Tamil Year is called "Vijaya"..so may you all be successful in all the good deeds you do.
    Yes dearies, just after I mentioned that snippets is the only other forum I go to I stepped into the US discussions thread. :hide:

I strongly believe that people should never put others down to make themselves look better.
    So when a poster mentioned something uncomplimentary about US Public school educated children in comparison to Indian school system I became "badrakali" :) and went in.

To me this "putting down" others, shows a lack of class. If everyone thought the same, did the same, ate the same, and wore the same, wouldn't life be dull and boring?

I sincerely hope folks keep an open mind and accept, tolerate, and celebrate diversity.
    Welcome Shaalu! Nice to see you following flyday. I try...then try, try again :)

Hi Akila, Manju, Shara, Doors. Abhigail...
    Nice to see you all being so busy.

Dear SoundVijay
    Nice to see you getting back into your routine. We all feel your pain and all we could do is put our support in the form of words. If you think there is a better way we can help you recover, please let us know. We will everything within our capacity. I have taken the liberty of including everyone in my assurance.

My toe fracture is not healing it seems. In fact the broken bone has shifted away from the main bone...that was the latest news.

That put me off for a few days...will have to decide whether to put a cast or not. Let me see.

I will come back with my routine in a couple of days.

Take care all.
    Regards

2 people like this.
  4. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

You are blessed Kamala. Early morning when my DH switched on the TV to catch up the IPL result we saw this news. We called my BIL who lives in Boston and enquired apt their safety. Due to Marathon his office was closed. Everybody safe there. What an inhuman act? What are they going to achieve killing innocent people? God knows.

Doors and Shara Thank you for your consoling words about my DS. Otherwise he is such a darling, grown up as such a wonderful human, intelligent, content, obedient, practical. .....

My hugs to your DDs. They just follow us. Our actions substitutes words.

Doors, I stay very nearby to mom's place, but never get chance to get pampered. The last time I stayed there for few months was when I delivered my DD(10 YRS.). After that I have not stayed there except one day due to some reason, which I don't remember now. Last week on Ugadhi my DD had holiday and I planned to go there for lunch after sending other two off , gave her the menu the previous day. But later I came to know my DH also had holiday, I dropped the idea since he wanted to stay at home doing office work and I didn't want to cook here just for him / leave him alone on his holiday.

Finally today, I folded three loads of clothes. I was not coming up due to heat in 1 St floor. Beyond today this cannot wait as another load is drying. Went out to finish some work. Few got done, few did not. Should do it tomorrow. Ordered two pairs of reading glasses, as it has become a must now. Evening made Dhokla.

Welcome Shaluu to this thread.

Way to go Sound. We are always here to give you the support.

Will catch up later, as I have to keep the clothes in kids wardrobe.

Regards
    Manjukps

3 people like this.
  5. Gae3

Gae3 Platinum IL'ite

hi All,

Any link for me as a fresher or starter,
    I feel I am wasting such good time at hands..

Mainly I am being very lazy :hide:

I wanted to join this thread few months ago.
    Just started my weight loss journey but still I know I have enough time to do lot of work.
    But just have become couch potato and stuck on internet.:bonk

6. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Welcome Gayathri,

You can start from here, where important links are provided. Thinking of a start itself is a positive note. All the best

Regards
    Manjukps

1 person likes this.
  7. SoundVijay

SoundVijay Gold IL'ite

Hi,

My yesterday's update:

Reached home in the evening and preared dinner for myself, DD and PIL. Served food and hed my dinner. Washed the vessels and cleaned the sink and gas stove. Swept the floor and peeled veggies for today's cooking. My DD is not feeling well so gave her calpal and put her to sleep. Went to bed by 10.00.

One good thing after FIL's retrun from USA is that we all are going to bed by 10.00 so am able to sleep for 7 hours :)

manjukps & Kamala mam: Thanks for your word :)

Regards,

Sound

3 people like this.
  8. gayathriram

gayathriram Gold IL'ite

Dear ladies,

Thanks a lot for this wonderful thread . I do read it regularly but don't post anything. I am a cleanliness freak and do try to keep and maintain my home .

@kkrish mam thanks a lot mam..you did a great job by starting this thread...you all are definitely an inspiration to me. Hope your toe is fine now.

@ manju mam I love to read your updates mam. You are clearly an example for ideal DIL . My love to your DD and DS.

@akilamani you are a superwoman. You manage your home,work, exercise everything beautifully. My love to your DDs.

@soundvijay so sorry for your loss dear. I can feel it very well becos I lost my father when I was 2years old. My prayers for your family and hugs to you, stay strong dear.

@shara happy to hear that your DDs are enjoying the bus ride. My Dh served in airforce and after his 20years service we moved to Australia.

@prana loved your house prana..just as shara asked do u have thinnai in your home? How is your little one and big sister doing? I gave likes to your house photos now am scared to give likes becos of this whole hulchul going on in IL.

Hi to shanvy mam, Abigail, Latha mam and doors.

5 people like this.
  9. gayathriram

gayathriram Gold IL'ite

my counter top and stove

Attached Files:

8 people like this.
  10. gayathriram

gayathriram Gold IL'ite

Sorry ladies , I completely forgot to introduce myself..I am gayathri and I have a 14 year old DS, I do part time work and living in Australia. I love to cook and clean and read books and surf Internet.

It's autumn here and my son is having 2weeks break ,I can't do much cleaning. In a month it will be winter and can't even dream about cleaning. This is the only part I hate here. But unlike US we don't have terrible winters.

Will try to be activate in this thread hereafter..as I don't effectively post anything in any section.:hide:

6 people like this.